Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship EA feedback: through Factory beta

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
I wish these lads best, been playing through AoD lately and having real blast. Will buy CS as soon as it gets realeased.

All of those factors fuel sales. And Steam reviews have a secondary function, which is that they boost developer morale. Vault Dweller is of course a man of steel (iron?) who cannot be touched by positive or negative reviews, though perhaps even he is affected by them to some extent, and I suspect his teammates care about them.
In the absence of any other metric, Steam reviews are a good indicator of players' engagement and support. You see a game with 70 reviews, even if the rating is 90%, the game either didn't appeal to many players or flew under the radar. You see a game with 30,000 reviews, you know it's a hit even if the rating is 78%. Our games will never get that high, of course; so what's left is the rating itself. The game quickly dropped to 84%, then slowly climbed up to 87, then down to 84 over the last 2 months. Two negative reviews are due to the lack of key binding, which is coming next week; whether or not the reviewers would adjust the reviews remains to be seen. The vast majority of the negative reviews are due to combat difficulty, which isn't going to change.

I'm not complaining that some people don't like the difficulty; that's both understandable and expected. The question is whether or not we we get enough support from people who liked the difficulty and the overall design. AoD kept 81% rating no matter what but the graphics kept a lot of people away. Colony Ship has a much wider appeal and thus can ended up much lower, which would determine everything else, from the tentative sequel to post-release polish. No reason to make a sequel to a game with a <70% rating or to spend 6 months after release on minor improvements. It just wouldn't be feasible due to 5-6 years development schedule and nearly assured similarly low rating and thus low sales.

I don't think we'll stay at mid-80s for long but it would be nice not to slide into the abyss below and in this battle every vote counts.

When the game is finished I will play it and review it, so don't worry about going below 85.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Can't leave a review since I'm waiting for the final release to dive in, but I've downvoted top retarded reviews on Steam.

tenor.gif

Don't have dev time for making effects last different numbers of turns? Um.... ok....

Concept sounded interesting, but I have very strong doubts this will materialize into anything worthwhile. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Don't have dev time for making effects last different numbers of turns?
What do you mean? If you get stasis'ed, panicked, or suffer from negative bonus from Aggro Stim your turn order gets changed.

I have very strong doubts this will materialize into anything worthwhile.
Why's that? They've just added Mission Control and are now working on implementing Shuttle Bay. You can see their update log here: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/648410

agris

Arcane
Patron
UI
· Input: support the numpad!! If it was good enough for Baldur’s Gate, it’s good enough for Colony Ship. I couldn’t tell you how many times I tried to select dialogue responses with the numpad 1-2-3, or confirm a popup with the numpad’s enter key. This should be trivially easy for your programmer, just add the directX scancodes for numpad numbers & enter.

Getting back on this horse after almost 2 years, and what a nice surprise to see this implemented. Thank you Vault Dweller / Elhoim !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom