Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What's the point of a xenophobia stat if we don't get to be racist to aliens?
Mutants and monks (cyborgs).

in aod you became a god. in here you will become a ship and change course towards nearest sun, battlestar galactica style
Maybe you'll become a god here too, who knows?
What is the last faction? There are four from i have seen,church,brotherhood,authority and there was another one.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
What's the point of a xenophobia stat if we don't get to be racist to aliens?
Mutants and monks (cyborgs).

in aod you became a god. in here you will become a ship and change course towards nearest sun, battlestar galactica style
Maybe you'll become a god here too, who knows?
What is the last faction? There are four from i have seen,church,brotherhood,authority and there was another one.

Covenant(mutant faction).

There's a monk faction too IIRC but I can't remember if it wa a major faction or a small one like The Regulators.

Pladio

Educated
Another recommendation is to make the inventory sorting like in the shops and not drop down small menu,it is far more comfortable that way.

Is there anything more after the who will run the town quest? That final battle was pretty annoying lol,especially the first part where everyone couldn't hit anything.

Shame those fuckers are terrible bastards,especially the spitting ones.

Did you guys found any reason to use evasion instead of armour skill? It seemed like pretty useless skill.

As companions go the girl is pretty shit lol. She gets downed very fast and hit anything. I found her near the end and just ended up wasting me time reloading for her not to die. Maybe she could be useful if you get her early and use her for stealth prats,but if can't kill frogs she ends up useless again,since there are only two stealth parts with humans.
There's no reason you can't use both evasion and armour in this game.

Unlike age of decadence, they are not mutually exclusive.

jackofshadows

Magister
Its not about hp(could be too?) but enemy awareness of you.
Doesn't depend on awareness. Either somehow scales on npc defensive stat(s) (probably evasion and perhaps something else) or custom set. Would be cool if these values (takedown and the npc's bar to clear were depending on some side conditions but it's not the case currently).

XP rewards for takedowns (dialogue ones mb too) obviously are begging for tuning, just a little spam reminder.
it is certainly about awareness. Try sneaking around a bit more and have enemy awareness bar go up a treshold. You would notice takedown value going up. If you got low lvl sneak then trying to close the gap might breach 2 tresholds leading to higher CS/takedown requirement.
Yep, I was wrong.

Pladio

Educated
>As companions go the girl is pretty shit lol. She gets downed very fast and hit anything.
Faythe takes a lot of work to get going, but once you get her going, she's an absolute unit! This was the build that I used on her:
This is mine. I think she's very good if you use her in the right way. In my case, it wasn't just about combat, but she was my assassin, meaning I could focus Sneak and Lockpick on her and I didn't have to bother with those two skills.

Pladio

Educated
Its not about hp(could be too?) but enemy awareness of you.
Doesn't depend on awareness. Either somehow scales on npc defensive stat(s) (probably evasion and perhaps something else) or custom set. Would be cool if these values (takedown and the npc's bar to clear were depending on some side conditions but it's not the case currently).

XP rewards for takedowns (dialogue ones mb too) obviously are begging for tuning, just a little spam reminder.

It is.

If the awareness of the enemy goes up, the takedown required goes up. See below screenshots with 35 and 50 takedown requirement:

Pladio

Educated
why not both?
Decent armours reduce evasion,like nearly all the pieces reduce evasion,boots,cloak,armour etc etc. It is fine thing to let it be on the sideline but it is not good to specialize in evasion and have good armour.

Yes and no. If you have relatively high strength and good armour skills then the penalties become negligible.
Depends on your build.
This was was actually a full armour build but with Evasion getting high too:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/648410/discussions/0/3172198151251693365/?ctp=9

You will notice I picked up the Armour feat and my armour is 9/13/14 for torso hits. I didn't get hit for much damage at all.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
why not both?
Decent armours reduce evasion,like nearly all the pieces reduce evasion,boots,cloak,armour etc etc. It is fine thing to let it be on the sideline but it is not good to specialize in evasion and have good armour.

Yes and no. If you have relatively high strength and good armour skills then the penalties become negligible.
Depends on your build.

You will notice I picked up the Armour feat and my armour is 9/13/14 for torso hits. I didn't get hit for much damage at all.
:hmmm:
Not much of a build if neither of them is a tagged skill lol. It is not like we get a choice to get experience in it or not,it is something that just happens during the game.

Pladio

Educated
Not much of a build if neither of them is a tagged skill lol. It is not like we get a choice to get experience in it or not,it is something that just happens during the game.
Haha
Still a build since I use the feats and it's still being used.

Parabalus

Arcane
why not both?

Depends on your build.

The whole Armor vs Evasion debate seems really moot, if you fight both will go up. If they're both tagged they'll stay sameish, if one is untagged it'll be 1-2 levels behind.

Not like there's any thought to it really.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
why not both?

Depends on your build.

The whole Armor vs Evasion debate seems really moot, if you fight both will go up. If they're both tagged they'll stay sameish, if one is untagged it'll be 1-2 levels behind.

Not like there's any thought to it really.
There was not even such a debate. We just talked about which one is more useful to tag. It is obvious that both of the rise up naturally. Clearly the armour is the better one to tag because it lowers your negative effects on evasions and gives you armour.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Haha
Not really,feats are easy to get,but tagged skills is not.
mastermind feat is like half a tag on everything. Then you can grab another tag from feat. Currently non combat skills do not require tags to keep them high enough.

Pladio

Educated
Haha
mastermind feat is like half a tag on everything. Then you can grab another tag from feat. Currently non combat skills do not require tags to keep them high enough.

Exactly :)
Also, tagged skills only differ by 1 level over untagged skills currently in the long run so feats are way more important.

am0kgonzo

Novice
My second run with solo melee + distortion field + liberal use of smoke grenades felt a lot stronger than my first run with a full party.

Tagging evasion over armor seems like a no brainer.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Haha

Also, tagged skills only differ by 1 level over untagged skills currently in the long run so feats are way more important.
Ahh bot really,you are taking at the face value of 4-5 levels that are in the game. By the end of the game tagged skills will be a few levels above the rest...i think. While feats you get frequently and as usual the useless ones are not that many. Of those feats in the game you would be maxed out at like level 10,when it come to useful. It would be nice if there is more feat or there is a way to see the ones that you don't have stats to pick,so you could plan and shit.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Haha

Ahh bot really,you are taking at the face value of 4-5 levels that are in the game. By the end of the game tagged skills will be a few levels above the rest...i think. While feats you get frequently and as usual the useless ones are not that many. Of those feats in the game you would be maxed out at like level 10,when it come to useful. It would be nice if there is more feat or there is a way to see the ones that you don't have stats to pick,so you could plan and shit.
there is another angle though: that extra xp from tag feat might translate into extra level... or perhaps more? Which would basically give you that feat back.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Haha

there is another angle though: that extra xp from tag feat might translate into extra level... or perhaps more? Which would basically give you that feat back.
What do you mean? Skill XP and levelling XP are different thing. Also getting feats back is meaningless because you will run out of good feats midway.

Pladio

Educated
Haha

I understand what you're saying, but until the skill xp requirements are changed - which ITS is planning to do, the tagged skills at most give you two levels of XP difference currently if you gain XP same base XP - except it's only for very short durations...

Someone on the forums made a nice chart but I can't find it anymore, so I made my own (not as pretty) - see attached.

Feats are unique and can give multiple levels worth of skill levels at once - for example 10 Evasion is 2 levels of evasion, but you can get that with just one feat.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Haha

I understand what you're saying, but until the skill xp requirements are changed - which ITS is planning to do, the tagged skills at most give you two levels of XP difference currently if you gain XP same base XP - except it's only for very short durations...

Someone on the forums made a nice chart but I can't find it anymore, so I made my own (not as pretty) - see attached.

Feats are unique and can give multiple levels worth of skill levels at once - for example 10 Evasion is 2 levels of evasion, but you can get that with just one feat.
if they were one for one,yeah feats are more valuable,but it is not. You get 3-4 tags while you get feat every level and a bonus feat every 3th level. It is not even comparable lol. You will get the needed feats by the end of the game and they are retroactive,while feats you get them early or it is wasted xp. So in the end it is about of which skill you get 3-5 levels more. Which is like 15-25 evasion or what ever you want. In the long run getting bonus tag is more important than getting an early boost to X. Also your graph is wrong,the bigger the numbers the more noticeable the gap becomes. When the needed XP is like 100 for levelling,it is obvious that you will end up with a level or two ahead,when it becomes 5000 or so,the gap will widen.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That aside,how does team skills and skill checks work? Do they take the highest value in the team or do they just take the value of the leader?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
What do you mean? Skill XP and levelling XP are different thing. Also getting feats back is meaningless because you will run out of good feats midway
no such thing as running out of feats. And they will add more

i meant regular xp. Even now its hard to achieve 5th character level. With tag feat its easy. If you happen to have mastermind that would actually be 2 feats!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom