Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

jackofshadows

Magister
Is solo better for stealth?
Here stealth is always solo - others if any, simply wait until the stealth section ends. Actually I'm curious how the game handle the last section that was just added in case of companions. Like they supposed to be thrown somewhere else in jail or something.

When you fail the new stealth section, Dumont simply allow you to get away, even if you killed dozen of his men which looks ridiculous to me. I beleive the game should recognize that. Moreover, would be really cool if the game would also recognize other casualties after faction-involved fights like Standon would scratch his head over Pyrrhic victory in case of everyone but MC dies etc.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
In Celebration of my favorite companion - Faythe. Here are some of my favorite builds that I would like to share!
Melee Faythe:
2ECyihP.jpg
C0rGYMD.jpg
Ranged Faythe:
piiAud5.jpg
614o6NP.jpg
dwWCpZD.jpg
yB1WDQp.jpg
Pretty good companion! Here's some gameplay videos of her being an absolute beast:

Ensi

Educated
Is this worth playing right now, or should I wait for the full content release?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
It's worth playing right now. Compared to many Early Access titles, the game is pretty smooth and doesn't have many issues. There's also enough content for you to have fun with. Just recently the developers added Factory - so that's like another hour or so of excitement.

jackofshadows

Magister
Is this worth playing right now, or should I wait for the full content release?
Depends. If you more interested in the story, dialogues and setting in general then - hardly, too little content yet. If you wanna experiment with combat builds however, then - absolutely.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Hey bros. If you have time and wanna help developers. Could you tell them how much money you get at the end of chapter 1 before going to the factory?
Steam thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/648410/discussions/0/3059618306424439332/?ctp=3
Survey: how much money do you have at the end of chapter 1
Please let us know how much money do you have at the end of chapter 1 (before entering the Factory), as well as the size of your party. Use easy to read format like:

1,500, party 3

Thanks in advance.

Parabalus

Arcane
Does Thief Fythe still have enough SP in Lockpick, Sneak, Steal to not need tags there?

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Money seems a bit too tight now in a full party, no room for experimentation. Also a bit silly that you sell a full suit of armor for a few bullets.

Does Thief Fythe still have enough SP in Lockpick, Sneak, Steal to not need tags there?

She doesn't, you'll miss the 5 Lockpick in the Armory.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Do you have any assault rifle builds that are at least as effective as the SMGs after the Factory update? The burst penalty sucked bigtime last time I played. Does STR burst accuracy bonus help at all? If it only increases THC by 10-20% then I'm dubious about using them as a primary weapon.

SMG burster was excessively effective, especially with graze feats. Automatic rifle was only capable of serving as a shitty backup to the long-range rifle.

jackofshadows

Magister
All I can say that when I played with rifle/crit guy burst was almost always pretty much the last option, yeah. Then again, it wasn't a build around bursts. Pipe dream is relatively easy to get now, perhaps I'd try that the next update.

jackofshadows

Magister
The Mission Control beta is live
Give it a try and let us know how it goes. It's still work in progress, so expect visual improvements, extra portraits, more minor interactions added in the near future.
The patch is out, lots of new stuff.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
wow nice. sounds very terminator 1-esque.. yea?

need more stuff like that. weird, sci-fi and awesome

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
New 60 MB patch for the beta build: https://steamcommunity.com/app/648410/discussions/0/3040480988283309142/?ctp=14#c3041607080043586609
- Added mention to Foley's fate by PC or Faythe when talking with Denbow.
- Added chat and consequences with Jed in the interaction with Knurl.
- Tweaks to helmet DR value.

- Added door sounds.
- You can now show the lab technician token to the emporium guy.
- Fixed checking for PC in dialogues when we should be checking for Evans.
- Fixed PC facing in Hargrave fight.
- Fixed lack of placement phase in elevator fight.
- Fixed not being able to leave the room after the elevator fight.
- Fixed issues with sneaking in the elevator area.
- Fixed going back to mission control from Factory.
- Fixed barnacle startup loop on game load.
- Added Psi damage type, used it for frog and barnacle weapons.
- Barnacle bullet now is not affected by energy shield of a gadget or clothes.
- Barnacles now don't give defense XP.
- Fixed Chance quest BP crash.
- Now not calling combat end callbacks if PC is dead.
- Map screen now shows world location info when it has no local locations.
- Added world locations map art.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Hey guys, in the previous chapter(Factory), are you able to save after the final fight? Does anyone remember?

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Thanks. I thought I had lost my last save file.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom