Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
You need combat reputation or (not sure as i always picked combat rep) social skill to choose peaceful resolution for Hargrave.

Tsubutai

Educated
If you want to tag every civic skill, the best way to do it IMO is to tag the three speech skills on your MC, have Faythe tag Computers, Electronics, Lockpick, and Steal, and then tag Biotech on a third companion - Jed works well because he starts out with it at 2 or 3 IIRC. Faythe will be able to get an extra tag once the Maintenance level is added and implant overclocking becomes available, so she can add Sneak to her tag list.

Ihavenoidea

Educated
A solution to the "you need to make all easy tasks before you can do hard one" problem, would be something like task 3 levels lower no longer giving you xp.
Thanks to something like this you could try to spec in the skill in a new location, never being as good as og, but also able to become good enough for simpler tasks.
Then again, hardcoding and rebalancing would be problematic most lilkely.

Modron

Arcane
A solution to the "you need to make all easy tasks before you can do hard one" problem, would be something like task 3 levels lower no longer giving you xp.
Thanks to something like this you could try to spec in the skill in a new location, never being as good as og, but also able to become good enough for simpler tasks.
Then again, hardcoding and rebalancing would be problematic most lilkely.
Sounds decidely Sawyerian.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If you want to tag every civic skill, the best way to do it IMO is to tag the three speech skills on your MC, have Faythe tag Computers, Electronics, Lockpick, and Steal, and then tag Biotech on a third companion - Jed works well because he starts out with it at 2 or 3 IIRC. Faythe will be able to get an extra tag once the Maintenance level is added and implant overclocking becomes available, so she can add Sneak to her tag list.
I took all 3 speech on MC, all 3 stealth on faythe, computers/biotech on jed and electronics on evans iirc. The remaining tags went into combat skills.
In reality tagging steal doesn't seem worthwhile as you can easily pilfer everything in chapter 1 anyway. I'm also not sure if sneak is actually worth tagging, but less confident.

Tsubutai

Educated
There's a Steal 5 check in the Factory to grab a fairly good pistol and another one as part of a quest solution in the Habitat. Stealing in general is also being reworked to be a bit more engaging, although it's not clear when that change is going to be made. Right now, Sneak is probably the least useful skill to tag.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Did tech sneaky quickie. I much preferred aod bodycount over combat reputation in here. Lets say Im playing sneak stabby. I can infiltrate 2 forts full of guards, kill everyone in there solo, yet im not recognised as murder hobo? Everyone knows I did it, no witnesses as of how it was done, why the difference then?
It quite hurts scenarios where Id like to bypass encounters by showing blood on my hands. Not sure if it was discussed earlier, now there is real scenario to do so after disabling generator
They're apparently planning to add a stealth-based solution to the encounter after disabling the generator at some point in the future, but the kinds of builds you're talking about get cock-blocked pretty hard later in the game to the point of being a bit of a dead end - there are several important quests in the Habitat that can only be resolved through speech or combat. It's useful to have a stealth-oriented character in a party with diverse capabilities but they don't really work well solo.
ahhh, looks like i wasnt on test branch. Indeed quick run through habitat shows that there is nothing I can do lol.
Shuttle bay did work fine though. Generator quest could be easilly fixed if body count was taken into picture as opposed to actual rng combat

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Right now, Sneak is probably the least useful skill to tag.
I'm not sure. Doesn't sneak affect the amount of yellow/red tiles that appear? There's a trick you can do with Samuel - that I remember you showcasing - with stealth gadget which results in you being able to kill everyone without triggering a combat encounter; but I don't remember if you need high stealth score for it.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Right now, Sneak is probably the least useful skill to tag.
I'm not sure. Doesn't sneak affect the amount of yellow/red tiles that appear? There's a trick you can do with Samuel - that I remember you showcasing - with stealth gadget which results in you being able to kill everyone without triggering a combat encounter; but I don't remember if you need high stealth score for it.
indeed it does. fyi that gadget works only on 1st round kind of, to enter normally yellow/red zones for a kill
maybe upgrades improve it a bit.

Stealth is really fine until habitat from what i just saw, i expect it will be fixed. After all aod as archeologist thief was really good

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Are there any console commands in this game?

Also I found a bug Elhoim
I'm in mission control/operations interacting with the console to lower the force field. My PC has no electronics/computer, Jed has computer 6, electronics 3, Evans has electronics 5. When I interact with the console I get options for "ask Jed to reprogram" and "ask evans to disable", clicking the numpad for the evans option still has Jed disarm it, gaining electronics xp, despite his skill being too low, and not being the person chosen. If I mouseover the menu glitches and Evans name is replaced by Jeds.
Save file: https://we.tl/t-mu0jo9Y5mS

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Are there any console commands in this game?
Gee, I don't know... are there?
TmwBSre.jpg

Seriously though, I can't give Silas the message from his predecessor. I rescued a spy and the dialogue said he gave me a drive he hasn't managed to decrypt. Do I need to do it somehow first?

Sòren

Arcane
Seriously though, I can't give Silas the message from his predecessor. I rescued a spy and the dialogue said he gave me a drive he hasn't managed to decrypt. Do I need to do it somehow first?

i don't know if there have been any updates recently that might interfere here, but starting and finishing the finding-the-mole questline worked perfectly fine for me if i tell Silas the truth about letting the spy go etc.

did that a week ago or something

Alphons

Cipher
Did I miss something? I went through these motions several times now, including once on the freshest patch and no option still.

Maybe it's something with the hatch (not flagged properly?)?

Personally I've used the Impersonate check with the guards and had no problems with doing it.

Tsubutai

Educated
i don't know if there have been any updates recently that might interfere here, but starting and finishing the finding-the-mole questline worked perfectly fine for me if i tell Silas the truth about letting the spy go etc.
Did I miss something? I went through these motions several times now, including once on the freshest patch and no option still.
You didn't miss anything, that's how the quest is supposed to go. The important thing about the spy's message isn't the specifics of what he was carrying, it's that Silas' predecessor was holding secret peace talks with Hanson. By progressing his questline to the "let him think about it" stage, you're restarting those peace talks and provoking Silas to think about starting a civil war within the Protectors to get rid of the internal faction that wants to continue the war. The rest of that story will then presumably play out when you return to the Habitat later in the game.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
You didn't miss anything, that's how the quest is supposed to go. The important thing about the spy's message isn't the specifics of what he was carrying, it's that Silas' predecessor was holding secret peace talks with Hanson. By progressing his questline to the "let him think about it" stage, you're restarting those peace talks and provoking Silas to think about starting a civil war within the Protectors to get rid of the internal faction that wants to continue the war. The rest of that story will then presumably play out when you return to the Habitat later in the game.
That can't be right, can it? You learn about the secret peace talks from Hanson, you don't need the secret message for that. Feels like, if it worked correctly, there should be a dialogue option specifically referencing the message. Now that I think about it, the first conversation with Silas has the MC tell him "Matheson wanted peace and the Committee killed him for it" - is that it? Spy says as much when first met, without the need to get the message from him. Confusing is what this all is.

Sòren

Arcane
huh? the substance of the story is that ur PC arranges a collaboration with the brotherhood/Hanson to get rid of the committee. that's it.

everything that happens after that is obviously not in the game right now.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
That can't be right, can it? You learn about the secret peace talks from Hanson, you don't need the secret message for that. Feels like, if it worked correctly, there should be a dialogue option specifically referencing the message. Now that I think about it, the first conversation with Silas has the MC tell him "Matheson wanted peace and the Committee killed him for it" - is that it? Spy says as much when first met, without the need to get the message from him. Confusing is what this all is.
I'll take another look when I have time.

Basically, yes, Matheson wanted peace (more like not having the Committee breathing down his neck) and was killed for it. The new Commander knows it (knows that Matheson had treasonous contacts with the enemy, which is actually true in this case), but has no reasons to act. If anything he'd try to prove he isn't a traitor like Matheson. You kill the spy, he pats you on the back and sends you on a combat mission. You bring him the message, it gives him reason to restart the negotiations with Matheson. Should he show you the message? I don't think so. Explain his reasons? Maybe, but all he's asking now is to talk to Hanson and see if the offer is still on the table.

The main choice here is Silas remaining loyal to the Committee and the established power structure vs Silas trying to become a ruler rather than hired help that can be fired or executed without notice.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
I'll take another look when I have time.
It's not that I think it needs revision. I was convinced I'm missing some portion of the content because the game never outright says "You hand the drive over to Silas and wait while he reviews its contents with a cogitative expression on his face." or something like that. The spy mentions that Matheson wasn't a traitor to the Mission, so much as he had a different vision for it in mind than the Executive Committee and that's what MC tells Silas - so I reasoned this is something you would be able to tell him regardless of acquiring the message and the eventual fate of the spy. When no further dialogue made reference to the message, I thought I missed something.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Habitat is finally leaving beta to public! Congratulations to the developers for reaching this point! Hooray!

Patch Log:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/648410/discussions/0/3423312514209242381/?ctp=12#c3423312514223470356
Improvements

- Added death animations.

Feat Changes

- Master Trader now requires CHA 7.
- Poison grenades now apply immediately and on entering the cloud. Replaced -1 CON with -1 PER.
- Aimed torso renamed to Aimed: Weak Point. Can be used on turrets now.
- Tweaked turrets, they now have more HP and DR, do a bit less damage. Aimed burst works against them.
- Failing a speech skill check now gives -1 disposition (instead of -2).

Fixes

- Fixed some issues with quests alternate solutions not dividing XP.
- Fixed the game thinking Jonas is in charge in the Shuttle Bay when Mercy is the leader.
- Fixed Jia's quest turret door being closed after loading a combat autosave.
- Fixed turrets missing penetration.
- Fixed implant dialogue not filling the screen properly on all resolutions.
- Fixed party screen getting too compressed on smaller resolutions.
- Fixed an AI freeze with MoveStealth cmd and 0AP left.
- Fixed hovering over the enemy and the placement tile at the same time resulting in overlapping controls.
- Fixed AnimBP_Male crash when the character is killed with no weapon (gas, for example).
- Turrets in stasis could still be attacked, fixed.
- Spore clouds, created by Starfish, will be considered dangerous tiles and avoided by pathfinding.
- Fixed a bug when identical weapons are equipped, but only the first one (WeaponHand1) is reloaded.
- Fixed a bug when characters who died on combat start (poison) could still apply Regen stim and break the combat queue.
- Fixed typos.

Last edited:

Tsubutai

Educated
The planned release schedule has also been updated:

End of Jul - ECLSS and the maintenance deck
End of Oct - The Pit (chapter 3 content)
End of Dec - Heart (the mutant town)
End of Feb - Hydroponics (Yellow and Red Zones), Mission Control (lower levels)
End of Apr - The Armory (level 3), Bridge and the end of chapter 3, all locations are done.
End of Jun - Endgame (chapter 4)

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
It has been said that the Church pays best of the Habitat factions, implying that it is the most affluent. My question is, where does this wealth come from? What service or goods do they provide that money is flowing their way?

Technomancer

Liturgist
It has been said that the Church pays best of the Habitat factions, implying that it is the most affluent. My question is, where does this wealth come from? What service or goods do they provide that money is flowing their way?
Tithe? Money is but a small price for your immortal soul.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Tithe collected from whom exactly? Their own people? They have fewer of those than the Protectors or the Brotherhood, who are very well capable of collecting their own taxes. Tithes from members of other factions? "Conspiring with the enemy"/"Undermining social cohesion" - other factions would never allow it.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Tithe collected from whom exactly? Their own people? They have fewer of those than the Protectors or the Brotherhood, who are very well capable of collecting their own taxes. Tithes from members of other factions? "Conspiring with the enemy"/"Undermining social cohesion" - other factions would never allow it.
Good point. One thing to consider however is that all colonists are descendants of Christian zealots. So church has monopoly on faith.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom