Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Üstad

Arcane
how did you cheat?
One of our steam players over on the boards for Colony Ship wrote a guide for using Hex Editor to modify game files. See:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/648410/discussions/0/3417684283209331371/#c6406956248960189690
And
https://steamcommunity.com/app/648410/discussions/0/3417684283209331371/#c6406956248971482881
Hope it helps!
Maybe we can modify items with hex codex. I have an idea equipping certain item and equipping another in different save files. Copy the hex to .txt files and compare them in WinMerge it shows the changed lines which would be indicative of the items hex code.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
even as full evasion you level up armorer and can wear pieces that would nullify graze damage no?
Depends on what you mean by full evasion. If you have both armor and evasion tagged, and a decent amount of strength, you can wear fairly heavy armor with no penalties, although all the actual heavy armor has AP penalties.

With low strength/armor stat there is basically no good armor without large evasion penalties and you'll struggle to reach like 6 torso dr.

Tony

Novice
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Real shit: is this game worth getting yet?
I believe it will be more expensive if you get it after early access. I don't like getting into a game i can't finish. When I got this I was just going to mess around and make a character, I ended up making about four characters and finished the demo.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Iron Tower is very diligent and keeps to their schedule rather strictly, especially given the indie standard. They only suffered two major delays and one was due to a team member's death (RIP Ivan).

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I guess the question is if the pace of progress implies a timely release, as opposed to 5+ years from now.
Here's what the schedule says (steam front page):
“We're looking at Jun 2023 right now. Here's the major updates' schedule (not including frequent regular updates):
Jun - Factory - released
Aug - Mission Control - released
Oct - Shuttle Bay - released
Dec - Improvements, tutorial, difficulty modes - released
Jun - Habitat; the end of chapter 2 - released
Aug - ECLSS (the House of Ecclesiastes) - released

End of Oct - The Pit (chapter 3 content)
End of Dec - Heart (the mutant town)
End of Feb - Hydroponics (Yellow and Red Zones), Mission Control (lower levels)
End of Apr - The Armory (level 3), Bridge and the end of chapter 3, all locations are done.
End of Jun - Endgame (chapter 4)”

Jrpgfan

Erudite
They've been on schedule so far.

The delays weren't big enough to be worried about taking that long to be finished.

I really doubt it will take more than a year.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Real shit: is this game worth getting yet?
I got it in EA to support the devs. I also participated in the combat beta, even though I might not have had as much to say as other people who tried it out. If you want the full game, wait for full release. Not only content, but balance and other things are being tweaked.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
The developers revealed some very cool things that are going to be in the upcoming second system update which I want to share. Hype! First. Here's new Fast Runner:
jVRMQdP.png
Of note is the legendary initiative change. One of the most annoying enemies, Mind Worms, have one hundred initiative. Unless you max Dex/Per plus pick all the associated feats to boost initiative. You're going to always act after they do. Plus, that specific build will put you at a deficient in other stats. So there's not much leeway in it. With this change to Fast Runner though. You don't need to stress over trying to break the one hundred threshold. It also opens up other options for other feat choices - since the juicy +24 means you can get away with it.

Next is Charger:
FQrY4N6.png
It may not seem huge, but the +4 initiative is nice to have. I've done a bunch of melee builds which included the feat. It's a nice bonus on top of the great movement AP bonus. Additionally, this feat will combo super nicely with Fast Runner. Already thinking of what kind of melee builds I can pull off with those two!

Lastly there's this one:
wKGPnrR.png
This one is the most interesting since it isn't a traditional feat you pick at level up, but something you gain through fulfilling special conditions; think of mutation feat line, for example, where you have to perform x action during combat (like injecting stims for x times); to get different tier of mutation feat. To get this special feat you need to pick [initiative bonus] dialogue option. After enough times of choosing those dialogue options you'll get the feat. It's quite interesting how the developers are experimenting with this kind of thing. The potential for future unique feats is tremendous!

Oh yeah. Before I forget. Here's a new shotgun that the devs are working on:
0MHRM7h.png
It's so cool looking!

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
This one is the most interesting since it isn't a traditional feat you pick at level up, but something you gain through fulfilling special conditions; think of mutation feat line, for example, where you have to perform x action during combat (like injecting stims for x times); to get different tier of mutation feat. To get this special feat you need to pick [initiative bonus] dialogue option. After enough times of choosing those dialogue options you'll get the feat. It's quite interesting how the developers are experimenting with this kind of thing. The potential for future unique feats is tremendous!
wasnt it already in or something similar?

juicy +24 means you can get away with it.
this looks like a typo, too high

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Here's a couple of Energy Pistols pictures the devs shared:
RSX2Fhj.png
Also check out this huge picture of pistols, there's so many of em', there's also a couple I've never seen:
dw3PSk5.png

Üstad

Arcane
Here's a couple of Energy Pistols pictures the devs shared:
RSX2Fhj.png
Also check out this huge picture of pistols, there's so many of em', there's also a couple I've never seen:
dw3PSk5.png
Pepperbox pistols are not about speed though, they're 5 AP whereas there are revolvers with 4 AP.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
How does this compare to say, Encased? I remember that game being great in early access but a huge letdown after release. Do you get the same vibe from this or is there hope?

jackofshadows

Magister
How does this compare to say, Encased? I remember that game being great in early access but a huge letdown after release. Do you get the same vibe from this or is there hope?
Not the case at all. Encased has suffered from a lot of things like feature bloat but mostly I'd say from the lack of direction, vision. These guys in contrast know what they're doing. You can try their the first two games in the meantime to ensure in that.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Have you played their prior games? Colony Ship, in so far, is shaping up to be a solid successor to Age of Decadence with much refined combat mechanics.

Not the case at all. Encased has suffered from a lot of things like feature bloat but mostly I'd say from the lack of direction, vision. These guys in contrast know what they're doing. You can try their the first two games in the meantime to ensure in that.
I own this game actually, just waiting for it to come out of EA before playing. And I don't like Age of Decadence, but that's mostly due to the bland setting and the constant jumping around during story moments (which the devs say are less frequent now).

Last edited:

Chanel Oberlin

Pineapple appreciator
Patron
sorry for not sitting through the entire thread, but when does the full game release? not a fan of playing EA games and I don't mean Electronic Arts (not a fan either).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom