Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
sorry for not sitting through the entire thread, but when does the full game release? not a fan of playing EA games and I don't mean Electronic Arts (not a fan either).
“We're looking at Jun 2023 right now. Here's the major updates' schedule (not including frequent regular updates):
Jun - Factory - released
Aug - Mission Control - released
Oct - Shuttle Bay - released
Dec - Improvements, tutorial, difficulty modes - released
Jun - Habitat; the end of chapter 2 - released
Aug - ECLSS (the House of Ecclesiastes) - released

End of Oct - The Pit (chapter 3 content)
End of Dec - Heart (the mutant town)
End of Feb - Hydroponics (Yellow and Red Zones), Mission Control (lower levels)
End of Apr - The Armory (level 3), Bridge and the end of chapter 3, all locations are done.
End of Jun - Endgame (chapter 4)”

Longes

Augur
Anyone knows if any PC-side psionics are planned for the game?

EDIT:
No humans, including your character, have psionic abilities. If the game is well received, we'll add psionic abilites in the sequel, which will take place decades later.
Dogshit game, I'm getting a refund :argh:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
sorry for not sitting through the entire thread, but when does the full game release? not a fan of playing EA games and I don't mean Electronic Arts (not a fan either).
“We're looking at Jun 2023 right now. Here's the major updates' schedule (not including frequent regular updates):
Jun - Factory - released
Aug - Mission Control - released
Oct - Shuttle Bay - released
Dec - Improvements, tutorial, difficulty modes - released
Jun - Habitat; the end of chapter 2 - released
Aug - ECLSS (the House of Ecclesiastes) - released

End of Oct - The Pit (chapter 3 content)
End of Dec - Heart (the mutant town)
End of Feb - Hydroponics (Yellow and Red Zones), Mission Control (lower levels)
End of Apr - The Armory (level 3), Bridge and the end of chapter 3, all locations are done.
End of Jun - Endgame (chapter 4)”

2023 is looking good!

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Anyway, just found out that the GF has a due date of april 10th with our second child. How the fuck will I even have the TIME to play this GOTY RPG of 2023?
The woe of it all.

CoronerZg

Augur
Anyway, just found out that the GF has a due date of april 10th with our second child. How the fuck will I even have the TIME to play this GOTY RPG of 2023?
The woe of it all.
Yeah, you're fucked. But in a nice way. But still fucked.

Salvo

Arcane
The woe of it all.
Co-op playthrough with new child, get him/her starting early

This way you can get shat on, both in combat and not

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Pink eye will be missed. He was a quality example of weaponized autism.
I thought it was Goral

Goral doesn't play the game, he just shills.
Go back to jrpgs. I've played the beta up till the Habitat update got released, I don't want to spoil myself and prefer to wait till whole game will be out. With Age of Decadence I didn't care since it was perfect from start to finish, CS is not as good IMO (although it's still great) hence I don't want to get bored before the full game will be released.

On a different note check out Unreal Engine coding standard: https://docs.unrealengine.com/5.0/en-US/epic-cplusplus-coding-standard-for-unreal-engine/

• Do not use metaphors or similes that reinforce stereotypes.
    This includes those that contrast black and white, such as blacklist / whitelist.
  • Do not use words that refer to historical trauma or lived experience of discrimination.
    This includes slave, master, and nuke.
  • Refer to hypothetical people using the pronouns they, them, and their, even in the singular.
  • When you refer to anything that is not a person, always use it and its. For example: a module, plugin, function, client, server, or any other software or hardware component.
    Do not assign a gender to anything that doesn't have one.
  • Do not use collective nouns like guys that assume gender.
  • Avoid colloquial phrases that contain arbitrary genders, like "a poor man's X".
These are your usual fucked up leftist mental diarrhea but this one you don't see every day:

• Remember that your words will be read by a global audience that may not share the same idioms and attitudes, and who may not understand the same cultural references.
  • Avoid slang and colloquialisms, even if you think it's funny or harmless. These may be hard to understand for people whose first language is not English, and may not translate well.
  • Do not use profanity.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Progress Update
Systems update:

The update grew in scope (twice as big as what was planned originally, if not more) and as a result took a lot more time than anticipated. On the plus side, it's a very comprehensive and thorough overhaul, so it was time well spent:

- New weapons
- New feats
- New music
- Reworked feats
- Reworked implants
- Reworked evasion
- Reworked armor
- Reworked weapon balance
- Reworked Grazes and Criticals
- Improved tooltip information
- Improved inventory sorting
- Improved AI
- Improved visuals of the Habitat and the Pit
- Added unified looting and scrapping common items
- Added many new stealing opportunities
- Death Timer (you can save your downed party members if you end combat in 3 turns). That's a big change and it works surprisingly well.

Now, the good news is that it's finally done (at this stage we need players' feedback to improve further), but there are several critical bugs affected old save games (items that were changed or replaced, XP recalculated the wrong way). Nick's been working on it, but the war has disrupted the energy grid, so he's without power since yesterday. Hopefully, it will be restored soon and we'll be able to release the beta within two days.

The Pit content update:

We're a bit behind due to the systems update taking longer, so we'll probably need 2 extra weeks to finish it. Right now it looks like we'll be able to start the beta on Nov 1 and do a full release on Nov 15.

Tsubutai

Educated
The beta of the system update is now available.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom