Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

razvedchiki

Erudite

small channel, covers exclusively turn based crpgs/tactics/strategy games.
rather positive of the game.

Tsubutai

Educated
Tried a little bit of the new chapter 3 content on the regular release (it seems very unfinished, so I'm going to wait some more).
Jonas is kind of an ass huh? No matter who you pick for new enforcer, he goes with the other one.
You can persuade him to accept your decision if your MC has decent talky skills. Otherwise, yeah, he's paranoid and ornery.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Tried a little bit of the new chapter 3 content on the regular release (it seems very unfinished, so I'm going to wait some more).
Jonas is kind of an ass huh? No matter who you pick for new enforcer, he goes with the other one.
You can persuade him to accept your decision if your MC has decent talky skills. Otherwise, yeah, he's paranoid and ornery.
It seems this is only possible for one of the two options though. Can't remember which is which, but only one gave me the option for persuasion. Or maybe I clicked different path and both give it.

Sòren

Arcane
i assume it affects chance to hit, but what's the calculation for recoil control btw?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Armor feels a lot better than Evasion ATM.
Why not both?

1671347467864.png

1671347512315.png

Note: AP penalty gets offset by the armor handling derived stat, even though it doesn't show on the tooltip.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Armor feels a lot better than Evasion ATM. My thief Faythe was getting obliterated by grazes in my last run.
With evasion AND armor you can get away with lower tier armor. Heaving less heavy variant means it is easier to achieve zero penalty evasion on it and if your evasion is high enough, you will receive grazes that will be absorbed by this lighter armor.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Note: AP penalty gets offset by the armor handling derived stat, even though it doesn't show on the tooltip.
It does? I thought the only way to get rid of AP penalty was the perk.

I second the motion that having both evasion and armor is the best form of defence.
i assume it affects chance to hit, but what's the calculation for recoil control btw?
Iirc it used to be something simple like +4% to hit per recoil control, but I haven't checked since the rework.

razvedchiki

Erudite
which skills shoud my char cover and let the npcs cover the gaps?
i was thinking to tag biotech/evasion/streetwise and have faythe with sneak/steal/electronics/computers.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
i was thinking to tag biotech/evasion/streetwise and have faythe with sneak/steal/electronics/computers.
Talkers should have both Persuade and Streetwise tagged, Streetwise alone isn't enough.
I've seen people on the Steam forums use Jed for Biotech and Faythe for Electronics/Computers/Lockpick/Steal.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Bots can't talk so that's on you. Faythe has buffs to sneak, steal and lockpick (player dependent choice), she is straight up better at sneaking than your char no matter what. That leaves you with biotech, electronics, computers. If you minmax you can get enough tags to cover all three talking skills as well.

razvedchiki

Erudite
where do i get the spinal implant?
k so i will go with a 4/8/8/8/8/6 and tagging rifle/armor/streewise and later computers.
gonna get faythe/jed and later a guy from the factions.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
where do i get the spinal implant?
In chapter one you can remove it from a corpse in mission control, on the lowest level, after you deal with the scav crew down there. Think you can get another one in Braxton fight, not 100% sure.
Biotech 5 is needed to remove it intact, or Biotech 4 to remove it damaged and repair it with electronics.
When you reach Habitat you can buy it from faction vendors.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
As a fence sitter I urge your team to spend time making sure the demo is polished, don't rush it. It will make or break my decision to buy your game.

Skdursh

Savant
With the most recent updates what is the ballpark estimate on how much content is currently available to experience? Traditionally, I pirate most games that I'm not absolutely convinced I will love and then later pay for a proper copy of it if I find myself actually enjoying it, though being that I was a massive fan of AoD (embrace the jank) my level of certainty regarding the eventual full release isn't the issue. What's been holding me back from purchasing it thus far is exclusively due to the early-access status. I'm typically not interested in playing a game that I'm not going to be able to finish, especially if what is available only amount to a few hours of gameplay or if I will need to start the game from scratch with every update due to save incompatibilities. So, how much enjoyment will I get out of this if I buy the game today and do saves break between updates? I really don't want to get burned out by being forced to play the opening 6 hours over and over again such that when the game does realize its full release I'll have no interest in slogging through things that I've already done 100 times to get to the new stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom