Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Colony Ship gets some SplatterCatting

Maybe them just running away and then returning after the fight is over is the way to do it. I guess in this case you need sitting down animations only - and maybe those are already implemented.
I just think this whole thing is a slippery slope. Because like some of those diners are the type who wouldn't run away, they'd return fire (we're in a Wild West saloon, after all!). I guess you could have some kind of stylized thing where there's a fade before the combat starts and just have the NPCs disappear. But I think this is all the kind of simulationist mess you need to stay out of when you have limited resources. You just need the fiction that fights involve only the combatants. It's like why an errant haduken in Street Fighter II doesn't hit a bystander in the ground cheering on the fight; just not part of the game.

I want people to casually comment the fight happening around them, something like :
[on combatant death]
- He got fucked just like how I fucked you last night
- Oh dear!
[both giggle]

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Better sound design, yes, that needs to improve, and probably will.

Better death animations is also nice, but not really need as sound design is.

Either way, the more money you give to Vince, the better chance of developing the things you want.

Let's all support the EA! :D

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I don't really mind npcs ignoring the fight. Real life is also not turn based so the combat is necessarily very abstracted. I'd be totally fine with the npc's just phasing out of existence (ie not being rendered) during the fight, and then fading back in after it's done.

Better gun sounds and death animations would be nice to have.

PrettyDeadman

Colony Ship vs Encased. Which one deservers the title of Russian Fallout more and why.

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
Imagine if skillchecks were like items in an adventure.
You come to a scene, but lack an item (skillvalue) to solve the puzzle (pass skillcheck).
You run around other scenes on the map where you find the item (collect easier checks to increase skillvalue).
You go back and solve puzzle. Progress!1

Learn by doing gameplay roffles.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
why aren't they getting involved,

because everybody knows that when some psychopaths start shooting each other in a bar, the last thing you do is intervene and take sides :)

why aren't AOE weapons hurting them,
I don't know much about the combat but you tell me that a grenade tossed in the middle of the fight dosn't kill NPCs? WHAT!?

If there's no more money, then remove the NPCs alltogether during a fight because shooting guns and stabbing people next to a NPC that quietly slurps on his coffee with his pinky up, that shit is retarded. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom