Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Alpharius

Scholar
I liked it enough to play it two times in a row with different builds. I wish they leaned more into detailing life on the ship and more ambient things though. Like that personality "quiz" at the start I don't think it really changes anything.
it meant to establish a reputation with each faction, or you can disregard the questions and begin with zero.

To my knowledge, there's no noticeable difference when having a negative reputation, particularly since you can betray your faction at any time and ally with the faction that despises you.
It adds positive or negative modifier to speech skills when you are trying to persuade some member of the faction. Matters when you don't have maxed out speech skills, like when playing as solo talkative sneaky murderhobo.

GentlemanCthulhu

Liturgist
My immediate issue is that I put a single point into stealth, so I can't make any persuasion checks (you need 3 all the time, whereas I have 2). I thought I'd make a character who can snipe, talk his way out of most combat situations, *and* do some light stealth. I guess that last point should've gone to persuasion instead. I'm not saying it's not my fault for spreading my build too thin, just that I guess I don't enjoy this degree of lack of breathing room in builds. I'd be fine with restarting the game to fix my build, but I'm just not feeling it. It's worse when I hear that the game is going to take a nosedive by the end. Haven't decided yet, but I might just drop it.

It also sucks that all of the combat encounters I've had so far where in cramped spaces. Is a sniper build even viable?

I didn't start with speech skills and I managed to work my way up to 8-6-5 (using Educated Feat on Persuasion somewhere during mid-game). I made a really retarded character to start with and breezed through the game, it's very easy with this learn-by-doing system.

uynTHuT.png

YP8tLoU.png
5jJ41cB.png

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
My immediate issue is that I put a single point into stealth, so I can't make any persuasion checks (you need 3 all the time, whereas I have 2). I thought I'd make a character who can snipe, talk his way out of most combat situations, *and* do some light stealth.
afaik there were at least 2 characters on those pages(1 mine) who did all 3 solo: stealth, speech AND combat. Doable, but you need to know what you are doing and try few times

oscar

Arcane
Playing Armored Core 6 has me thinking the engine would lend itself well to a crunchy turn-based mech squad game. Keep the crapsack tone of the AC & BattleTech series. Will obviously be more combat-centric than AoD & CS but still plenty of opportunity to use non-combat skills for corporate back-stabbing and dialogue battles.

Or even use it to go a more Battle Brothers rougelike managerial strategy route.

I think in general sci-fi combat works much better with mechs than trying to transplant medieval combat. Games with humans on foot using sci fi weapons always feels weird because the weaponry is inevitably way too wimpy for supposedly being far in the future.

Ivan

Arcane
I'm really enjoying my time with this. Sure, the combat is harsher than I'd like, but when you finally do amass grenades and learn to debuff your enemies, it can be quite fun, it just took me a while to get there. I cleared the courthouse fights with a mostly talky character and compas. A QOL feature I'd love is a revised quest journal. There are many instances where I say, "who the fuck was Jimmy again and where does he reside?"

I like the exploration and finding loot, but the guns don't feel that much more powerful than the ones prior.

Also, wtf is this bullshit.
3 crawlers? THREE?
7142A1E371BDE215A34D37AE8CD29B3AEBB9EA5F

I thought the soundtrack ranged from solid to great. This was my favorite track:

Last edited:

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I wish biotechnology was made more useful. By mid game you are already overflowing with implants even without specializing in biotech. Biotech should get some unique implants/modifications no one else has.

xuerebx

Erudite
Started playing today....Sarah wants me to find Jimmy in The Pit....can't find him anywhere near the crates where he's supposed to be?

Where's the information on the latest patch? Is 1.0.124 the one from December?

I just realized I've been playing the 1.0.87 version, not sure if I should restart.

xuerebx

Erudite
Been playing for 15 hours. It's what I expected it to be - loads of fun! I can feel the AoD vibes. Combat is tough but you can tell if it's doable or not i.e. you either have the ability to win or you need to come back later/never, it hasn't been a game of reload after reload.

I also especially like that there does not seem to be too many quests. I don't find it enjoyable having dozens of pending quests in the journal, steadily rising each time you enter a new area, as with many other games today. This seems more focused.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom