Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship update #45: the Armory

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Put it on left side or in worst case scenario center of monitor this is how people do read things unless using Chink or Semite script.

Shadenuat

Arcane
From the horse’s mouth.
Disco hipster overvalues players minute to minute interaction with game graphics compared to immersion with what they are actually doing ie reading what happens in dialogue carefully if we're talking dialogue. I look at graphics when I hobo around; I look more at hitpoints and hit percentages and stats and dialogue probably more than at prettyness for much of the time in the game.
Disco also at least have some interactions/animations ala hit the kid or slow-mo gunfight; Colony Ship probably would not feature anything like that, so sacrificing dialogue being centerpiece of attention for some flashy neon lights in eye breaking dark levels and banal npc models that you've seen when walking around already and who do nothing makes no sense. The first thing and easiest thing to look should be what you are doing at the moment in the game. Rest is decorations.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
I think the reading frame could be a bit wider. Right now it looks like it's squashing the text.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
PA84bBb.png

Latest Early Access ETA?
The earliest possible date is November. It all depends on the stealth system, which we don't have yet.

jackofshadows

Magister
I like new layout and partial tranparency is very cool but maybe make the latter optional? I mean, text display will vary a lot depending on different lightning. Not to mention turned out some players are changing brightness drastically.

Skills are gone which is also nice. It makes general view much cleaner.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom