Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Command: Modern Operations

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Been watching some videos and this looks pretty crazy. Not so much a game as a hadrcore military similator. Hell, I worked on actual airforce C&C systems that look pretty similar.

Any bros here played this (or CMANO which this is just a remake of)? Is it actually fun to play?

Here's a let's play for rerence:

Beowulf

Arcane
Ahh, Google Earth militarised version.

It's fun if you know the systems.
If one doesn't have even a vague interest in how modern armaments work he will be quickly overwhelmed.
Other than that it's a nice playground to play with modern toys.
What killed it for me was the lack of multiplayer. This game just begs to have some simultaneous turn a la combat mission, or real time play.

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have been eying this game for years. How is the AI? With a game this complex, I was afraid it would not be up to the task.

Thorgeim

Educated
I love both games (CMANO and CMO), play DCS frequently and this was my go to "high level" sim. AI actually isnt bad but its highly dependant on the scenario, if you create your own you need to make sure you script it into playing well, its not amazing on its own.

There is 1 major issue though, CMO with Win10 DPI scaling doesnt work well, you either have to turn off DPI scaling or adjust compatibility of the exe file and endure fuzzy font, I use an ultrawide 1440p and I dont want to switch DPI in OS just to play this game, its too much faff and I have no issues with other games so I refunded CMO and have to stick to CMANO which works OK. This is something that just shouldnt happen in a modern game.

But yes, these games are really only fun if you like the air/naval combat, without the interest its probably hard to enjoy as its not the typical RTS.

Kwota

Augur
Reminds me of old Three-Sixty Harpoon series. I mean in a good way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom