Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Composed Fallout-style Ambiental soundtracks? Want to promote your song on FODD? Post here!

Discussion in 'Codex Workshop' started by The Brazilian Slaughter, Jan 8, 2016.

1. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    The Fallout's Doomsday For Darkest Hour Mod has been overdue for a expansion of its soundtrack. And let's be frank - who doesn't love some good Tribal/Industriall Ambiental? 'sides, my memory sucks big time, but I'm pretty sure this forum has a lot of quite good composers who no doubt have one or two spare songs in their folders they don't mind releasing! You never know when someone has the next "Metal Monks" sitting in their folders, one HD failure from being lost forever, like pre-war knowledge (tears of a Metal Monk). These people deserve more credit, attention and acknowledgement, and this is the best thing I could think of!

also I really need more ambiental to hear...

Simple time, I'm Set - You post the Fallout-like ambiental music you composed, we hear it, we tell you it suckzors and u ar gay cuz codexers ar mean what we think about it, if its good I include it within my Optional Soundtrack Download for FODD*, along with credits on FODD's credits section**. Also, promotes your work and allows you to gather more brofists!

Alright, lets see that incline in sound waves!
    Get ready!

*Don't wanna increase the main DL's filesize, you guys know how it is...
    ** Note to self: Include a "Soundtrack Contributors" part so the contributors don't get lost in the big credits lines.

^ Top  
  2. Blowhard Arbiter

Blowhard
    When do you need it by?

^ Top  
  3. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  4. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Fantastic theme, Jaesun! Very.. eeire?
    Should I add your nick or name on the credits?
    Wonder if I should add this to Peace or War Songs... it makes one quite inquiet, in a way...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Angels of Despair is fine for a credit name... it's kind of my band name. A link to my soundcloud account https://soundcloud.com/angels-of-despair/ would also be appreciated.

That song is more of an..... exploring the wasteland kind of like song.

Also ANY tracks on my CD here https://soundcloud.com/angels-of-despair/sets/angels-of-despair-cd are set to the Creative Commons licence and are free for use for ANY NON COMMERCIAL use (like modders and stuff). I'm just a big supporter of the Creative Commons licence, so people like modders can feel free to use such tracks for any NON COMMERCIAL projects. Be sure to check out more Creative Commons tracks on soundcloud. There is a ton of stuff on there. Just be sure to ask the person first.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Take your time, I'm not in a hurry.
    Are you a composer, too?

Exploring the sinister wastelands!

Will put you credits, site too.

Hey bro that's some fantastic stuff, that CD is great and I'm hearing it, good stuff! Gotta put this on my cellphone too, got a dearth of music for it lately.
    Can you recommend me some of the guys in Soundcloud? Looks like I will have to register there, might already have a login.
    There's three I want to contact right now: Nobody's Nail Machine [want to ask them if I can use the music they made for Fallout of Nevada - and if they can put me in contact with the FoN team, too - Van Buren stuff], Vicent Stahl and whoever made some of the music for FOnline, its good stuff.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    If you were following the Fallout VB thread here, you already know some of the AWESOME dark ambient guys on there.

One place I would recommend you try out is this group https://soundcloud.com/groups/naviar-laboratory

(Almost) all songs on here are downloadable and use the creative commons licence. They do a weekly project for musicians on there, and people write compositions for it. It does have a wide variety of music though, so you may have to listen to quite a few tracks. But there is some experimental and dark ambient stuff (I did a dark ambient track for it last year).

^ Top  
  8. Suchy Arcane

Suchy
    Some oldies from me, should fit the theme:

A new one, but unfinished.

And this one is more on the chillout side, still ambient as fuck.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  9. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    I forgot all about it, derp! I will take a look. Much thanks to thee, bro!
    Thought I had a account on soundcloud, but it turned out empty. Odd. Gonna go and get me one, then talk to those people.

Hey Suchy, this is great stuff, thanks!
    How do you want to be credited?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Suchy Arcane

Suchy
    Glad you like it. My name will do - Michał Suchocki

^ Top  
  11. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Just gave some kudos to both of ya, Jaesun and Suchy
    Least I could do for bros!

Sent a message on bandicamp to Nobody's Nail Machine, asking if I can use the Fallout of Nevada's soundtrack if both they and the FoN team are ok with it, oh and asking how can I get in contact with their team as well - both for asking if I can use the music, and for Van Buren stuff - there's some nice features in FoN that we in Van Buren have been meaning to take a look on for a while, we would like to talk with their devs.

I remember asking a guy in NMA for his music and he agreed, gotta talk with him again.

I think Warzone 2100 forums has a lot of nice ambiental music too, which fans composed for it, some fitting to Fallout as well. Gotta hit that up as well.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    ^ Top  
  12. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    One other guy on Soundcloud to listen to is https://soundcloud.com/sklawlor he does some really fucking cool atmospheric dark ambient stuff. I don't know if he would allow his stuff in your collection or not, but thought I would at least mention him.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Suchy Arcane

Suchy
    good stuffs, thanks for this

^ Top  
  14. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Got word today from Nobody's Nail Machine - I'm allowed to use the music and he gave me the e-mail of the Fallout of Nevada devs. Awesome!

Btw, got the idea for State Songs to play at state unifications. Fitting!
    Tell me this doesn't sound like something you hear in a Fallout game:
    California: http://www.loc.gov/jukebox/recordings/detail/id/6376/

This is a very old recording, tho, there are others. Gotta scav. Wonder if state songs have rights issues? Will research later.

You're the man, bro! :salute:
    I'm gonna hear it once I get home.
    The Soundtrack expansion continues!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    I got the Fallout of Nevada soundtrack now.
    41 files so far. Want moar!
    Gonna take a look at Xcentic Noizz next, the guy[s?] who made FOnline's soundtrack.
    http://www.xcentricnoizz.com/

Also Jaesun's recommendations, can't forget those.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. zwanzig_zwoelf Graverobber Foundation Developer

zwanzig_zwoelf
    What about this, The Brazilian Slaughter?

This was composed for a personal project, but since it's on indefinite hold (like everything I do), feel free to take it if it suits the game.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Hey man, sorry for not posting feedback earlier but I'm comp-less since a few weeks ago.
    Good song! I will glad to add it to FODD's soundtrack - once I have a computer and can mod, that is.
    What it was originally meant for?
    How should I credit you?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. zwanzig_zwoelf Graverobber Foundation Developer

zwanzig_zwoelf
    Hey brah, it's alright, happens to all of us.
    Originally I wrote this track for a post-apoc game set on a small island somewhere around China/Japan, where people had to use all kinds of books to restart the technological progress from scratch while LARPing different cultures. This track would play in a very dark and dirty area (the Rice Fields), where chars had to roam around the area, looking for a local monarch who decided that smoking pot and fucking homeless women was more fun that ruling over the town.
    Romanus Surt will do as a credit name.

I'll PM you the link tomorrow. Which format/bitrate is the most convenient for you?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    ^ Top  
  20. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Getting this back on track, my mistake was not assembling the files in Google Drive before my computer died.

Alright, got Angels of Despair and Suchy's music, downloading NNM's Fallout: Nevada soundtrack and Xcentric Noizz' FOnline soundtrack right now but its slow, guess the servers are shit. Or this internet is shit, I dunno.

Man, wish I could use the Outlive soundtrack. But a) I don't want to have possible copyrights problems b) I don't think it meshes well with Fallout's variety of ambiental (especially the Robots' music, which doesn't at all). Love that human music tho, even if some bits are more orchestral while others are more darkish military.

Yo Zwan, I think you never sent the pm!

Very good! Not sure I will be able to get music from him, I will go after more music once I finish uploading the ones I already have. Gotta consolide.

Can't work on the mod atm, but at least I can put up a extended soundtrack to remind people I have not abandoned the mod.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. zwanzig_zwoelf Graverobber Foundation Developer

zwanzig_zwoelf
    Huh? I think I did, but I never sent you the second version of the track (and I think the first version is superior anyway).
    Do eet!

^ Top  
  22. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Actually you did.
    Link's dead tho.

Can you send me the second version too?

^ Top  
  23. zwanzig_zwoelf Graverobber Foundation Developer

zwanzig_zwoelf
    No prob, gimme a few minutes.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.