Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Conlan's Claim

Destroid

Arcane
Indy scifi colony management game in development. Visual style is pretty cool.

http://conlansclaim.com/

ZC1dx.jpg

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
oh wow it looks great, looks like they went with a sorta 3D engine so they could have the sweet dynamic long trailing shadows there on the sprites
day-night transitions, clouds, gorgeous

the perspective or shading on the prerendered ship in the trailer looks off though

and I've been wanting a pc commercial survival game for ages, not that virtual villagers shit

got me hyped fo sho

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Settlers in space? I'm sold!
Looks top notch. I really like the art direction, even if some objects (like resources) aren't fitting well yet.

spectre

Arcane
Looks really good, for a moment I thought it would be post apoc (then, for a second, I thought, please, no zombies), but sci-fi colonization is fine too.

Definitely interested.

Phelot

Arcane
“Conlan’s Claim” is a sci-fi game about survival and exploration of a new world. You will be able to plan and manage a human settlement on an alien planet.

Sounds awesome. I love small scale settings after so many galactic empire type games. Now, if I could only get a medieval village simulator/survival game that doesn't force me into having a giant city...

EDIT: Actually this game sounds pretty darn medieval with all these fishing and hunting skills. Extra cool that it's so low level kind of like that old TV show Earth 2.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Art design looks crappy, also thanks to cell shading they use to cover that up it looks even crappier.

And it doesn't look sci fi at all. Unless of course this is that retarded "sci fi" morons like these days where a planet always has to look exactly like Earth but you have a pew-pew lazor so it's science fiction.

And those buildings arghh - it's like they've tried to make a wild west game first but then thought - why don't we add a satellite dish and look it's a sci fi game!

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
They are frontier worlds, not the core. Life is harsh out there on the rim planets.

Game looks interesting, will keep an eye on it.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
sounds promising... i might gather a specimen for research

MetalCraze said:
Art design looks crappy, also thanks to cell shading they use to cover that up it looks even crappier.

And it doesn't look sci fi at all. Unless of course this is that retarded "sci fi" morons like these days where a planet always has to look exactly like Earth but you have a pew-pew lazor so it's science fiction.

And those buildings arghh - it's like they've tried to make a wild west game first but then thought - why don't we add a satellite dish and look it's a sci fi game!
frontier/wild west in space is hardly a new concept: bravestarr , saber rider , earth 2 , firefly ...

and the graphics look good enough for a strategy game.

Paperclip

Liturgist
the above said:
Sounds awesome. I love small scale settings after so many galactic empire type games. Now, if I could only get a medieval village simulator/survival game that doesn't force me into having a giant city...

You could try playing the Cultures series.

Raapys

Arcane
Settlers 2 is awesome. And this actually looks kinda cool, just hope it has deep enough gameplay.

Jed

Cipher
Damn. I'd pay good money for a game like this.

Too bad it looks like vaporware. (Last update was Dec. 2010)

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Hmm sounds like a good Game, let us hope their Target Audience are not the Casual Gamers.

GroupHugz

Novice
the above said:
“Conlan’s Claim” is a sci-fi game about survival and exploration of a new world. You will be able to plan and manage a human settlement on an alien planet.

EDIT: Actually this game sounds pretty darn medieval with all these fishing and hunting skills. Extra cool that it's so low level kind of like that old TV show Earth 2.

I agree with you about the small scale settings. In games of all genres I find myself having the most with games that don't try be too epic.

This game looks promising. I really hope it doesn't descend into micro-management hell in the late stages though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom