Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Conquest of Elysium 5

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by LESS T_T, May 10, 2021.

1. thesheeep Arcane Patron

thesheeep
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Nobody should EVER play without the AI suicide prevention mod. It's so mandatory I honestly don't know why Illwinter doesn't just incorporate it (and add some different flavors for different classes).

I don't think the AI is any dumber than it was before, really. At least not when it comes to suiciding.

Only in human settlements, though. You can't recruit normal catapults e.g. into your forests.
    And the Dryad, for example, cannot even do that - even in human settlements, the dryad cannot recruit anything.
    IMO makes sense that the Druid could, given that he is human after all. Then again, Bakemono can also do that and I don't really know why... it's a bit whack.

I think the only exception are those green units that are on offer sometimes - but even those cannot be recruited into every type of fort.

Boy, would I love to toggle off those doomsday events, or at least push them back several years...

• thumbs down thumbs down x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Niggerino Scholar

Niggerino
    Yeah, being hard countered sucks :)

^ Top  
  3. Hag Learned

Hag
    Going through a High Cultist game, here are some random thoughts :
    - Still not sure if High Cultist is fun or boring. Lot of waiting around for stars, risk-taking meaning that you can never be sure when your army will be ready, not much to do between two summonings, many of which are slow. On the other hand, some tier 3 summons are ridiculously overpowered and can take over basically anything not soul-slaying by late mid-game by themselves. Plus, sea-hopping to cap coastal hamlets is fun and refreshing, if slow, but a nice change from classical territory occupation.
    - The Kobold King I am facing -an AI- looks weak, but annoying to the extreme, with never ending flows of chaff that I can take at 1 to 20. More of a huge PITA than a real danger. Dragons are basically useless.
    - Games still crashes at random. You can use the --autosave launch option if needed.
    - The more I play the more I think winning is not really the aim of the game. It's more akin a gigantic tactical sandbox, with many options and secrets to discover, many of them far apart the optimal winning moves. Late endgame is almost always disappointing : either you must spend hours finishing the last strongholds while you have already won by all means, or you unexpectedly crush the last opponent and win while you were busy exploring the planes or other side activity.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Berekän #11231 Patron

Berekän
    The antpocalypse is starting to get extremely annoying to me, I have abandoned a few interesting games already just because I didn't wanna have to slug through hordes of ants. Wish they gave us an option to smash their nests or something.

^ Top  
  5. HeatEXTEND Cipher Patron

HeatEXTEND
    Burn, melt, ANYTHNG!

^ Top  
  6. AgentFransis Arbiter Patron

AgentFransis
    Krush, kill and destroy.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.