Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Continent 20 - The Island (map and suggestions), 29 Jan

Humanophage

Arcane
WN Settlements

Please report your coordinates in this thread and add them to the WN spreadsheet.

Latest update: 1st May

Map-20-3.jpg

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
If no one has anything to say about it, I'll be taking the spot at [x:157 y:282]

spotx.jpg

Humanophage

Arcane
That's perfectly fine, I think. We don't have anybody else in this area save for Fens, and it's more convenient for him to expand to the south-east.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I reserve for myself the spot directly north from the two of my settlements. Seems like a perfect place for my third city soon. Near water too.

gromit

Arcane
Malakal said:
I reserve for myself the spot directly north from the two of my settlements. Seems like a perfect place for my third city soon. Near water too.
Would the wooded area in the eastern bay suit you?

Humanophage said:
Wallace, I would advise teleporting to continent 20 and build a settlement in its northernmost part. There's also free land to the south.
I can clearly build to the south as well, if need be, but I'd rather the north, so I can have a coast to hassle, participate in watching our northern sea border, and perhaps eventually engage in the rightful Codexian conquest of The Third Island. Victus Mare Nostrum!

I plan on doing this as soon as the timer lets me, but it may ultimately just come down to which end is more convenient. My newbie boots are long-gone.

Humanophage

Arcane
wallace said:
I can clearly build to the south as well, if need be, but I'd rather the north, so I can have a coast to hassle, participate in watching our northern sea border, and perhaps eventually engage in the rightful Codexian conquest of The Third Island. Victus Mare Nostrum!

I plan on doing this as soon as the timer lets me, but it may ultimately just come down to which end is more convenient. My newbie boots are long-gone.
If you're currently in the middle of the continent, I would suggest actually building there rather than in the north. It's a more lucrative area.

gromit

Arcane
Well, it dropped me in the south. I actually had a really good position on 3, wide open on the southern end, but, like many newbies, I'm sure, I built a village in a TERRIBLE place when trying to split the settlers off to go build where I had surveyed. Oh well.

Taking a look around now, probably won't get to build for a day or two if I want a decent spot. Could you guys kindly formally report all established cities on 20 so we can update that map?

Fens

Ford of the Llies
serpent isle, the land of danger and despair ... and avatars ... a lot of them

Katana_LOL

Educated
Island Of The Forgotten, land of the Retarded, Women with Penises and The slightly lame.

Humanophage

Arcane
wallace said:
Well, it dropped me in the south. I actually had a really good position on 3, wide open on the southern end, but, like many newbies, I'm sure, I built a village in a TERRIBLE place when trying to split the settlers off to go build where I had surveyed. Oh well.

Taking a look around now, probably won't get to build for a day or two if I want a decent spot. Could you guys kindly formally report all established cities on 20 so we can update that map?
Very well, the map has been updated, here it is: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/ ... p-20-3.jpg

3 does not belong to us at all, so it's actually good you escaped the place. There's only one WN member there, and he's not Codexian. I took the liberty of choosing the rough location for your city on the continent 20, it's marked as Wall-1 on the map. You can build it elsewhere, if you want to, but in my opinion that would make the best starting point.

Katana_LOL said:
I think its time we decide on a name for the island.

:thumbsup:
Well, I personally associate the island and the continent with the Anglo-Saxon world and Continental Europe. The isle is sort of a special zone, isolated and alien. The continent is large, cultured and decadent because of the abundance of people named after male organs. Thus,

Island:
KwaCodexia
Insular Codexia / West
Isle of Kwa / Itz / Incline
Western Isle

Continent:
Westphallia / us
Codexia Majora
Andharia

This should be given more thought, I should think.

gromit

Arcane
My starting point marked in Cyan. My "if I don't get started now I'll quit" settlement marked in Indigo.

In marking the potential sites, you should be aware of the 5-tile spacing required by settlements. There's no way there will be two cities bordering that one southern forest, for instance. I bumped into this while trying to settle, thus my slightly-less-than-ideal positioning (one wood within one tile instead of two.)

81823567.png

Humanophage

Arcane
wallace said:
My starting point marked in Cyan. My "if I don't get started now I'll quit" settlement marked in Indigo.

In marking the potential sites, you should be aware of the 5-tile spacing required by settlements. There's no way there will be two cities bordering that one southern forest, for instance. I bumped into this while trying to settle, thus my slightly-less-than-ideal positioning (one wood within one tile instead of two.)
I am aware of the limits. The red dots mark potential locations, meaning that if one chooses to build one of the cities there, the rest in its immediate surroundings will become unavailable.

That's not the best location for a city, but I suppose I could fix the borders.

gromit

Arcane
Is it bad enough I should dump it? Just got my Citadel, and figure one north of the forest, one in the northern mountains, and eventually one right about where I started, for purely seafaring reasons, would work well? Like if the shape of the southern "zone" is just rotated clockwise. Thank you for herding we cats.

edit: Nope, hoax has the mountain now. Fucking island, seriously, I should have stayed on three.

Humanophage

Arcane
You could have the mountain in the middle, for instance. I'm sorry for not being able to coordinate the thing, but I'm currently not at home and have sparse access to the internet. Any mountain will do, really.

Don't dump it, you can just get gold and avoid building roads.

Could you tell me the coordinates of all cities in the premises? I feel like there's something wrong on my map.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom