Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Controversial opinions about RPGs that you know deep down are true.

Maxie

out of all busywork drowning the genre undoubtedly the most heinous one is the need for some weak ass twist-ridden story for people who don't see the difference between a game and a tv series to give a crap

Jeru

Novice
For a topic about true but controversial - wrong rate is preety damn high

Just don't cut yourself too much on the edge, will check back later.

Lemming42

Arcane
If you said "but they're not RPGs" I wouldn't be able to argue, but no, they sometimes have good gameplay. :M

Which?

I've played the Final Fantasy series, most of the Dragon Quest series (hated pretty much all of them), some of Fire Emblem series (hated it), and then:
some Phantasy Star games, Secret of Mana, MOTHER, EarthBound, MOTHER 3, Chrono Trigger, some Pokemon games and some shit games I can barely remember like Breath of Fire.

I liked a few of those games (mainly just Final Fantasy and EarthBound) but I wouldn't say any of them have particularly strong gameplay. The best you can hope for is that the combat isn't actively awful, and that the game doesn't force you to grind at certain points.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom