Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Conversations with Curtis: oral histories of Phantasmagoria 2 and other 90s FMV adventure games

Neuromancer

Augur
He already mentioned in one of the videos (I think it was one of the P2 playthroughs), that he is in talk with Robert Holmes.
He might be the next interview partner.

Starwars

Arcane
These are pretty fun. I remember having somewhat of a crush on Adrienne from the first Phantasmagoria (she's still looking great). I played Phantasmagoria 2 first though, and it actually scared me pretty bad back in the day. Seems a bit silly now but there you go. Me and my brother got it on a whim from a local store and we both felt it was very forbidden and scary when we first played it. :D

Boleskine

Arcane
I remember having somewhat of a crush on Adrienne from the first Phantasmagoria
Haven't we all?
:love:
I think it had something to do with the intro movie...

LAfXi5k.png

Boleskine

Arcane
After 26 years, Paul has finally played and completed Phantasmagoria 2.

He confirmed that Robert Holmes is the next CwC guest.

Last edited:

Boleskine

Arcane
The Phantasmagoria playthrough is still going strong. They're almost done with the game and are getting to the good stuff in Chapter 6.

Paul has also been playing through Gabriel Knight 2.

Last weekend he interviewed David Fox, who was one of the first employees at Lucasfilm Games and is currently working on Return to Monkey Island.

Finally here is a recent update on the channel and what's coming next. Paul may be interviewing Chris Jones (Tex Murphy) in the near future.

Boleskine

Arcane
At the beginning of the latest GK2 stream Paul mentioned that he may get to speak with Jane Jensen in mid-June.

Boleskine

Arcane
CwC is still around but maybe losing some steam. After covering the Phantasmagoria games Paul is trying to branch out and talk to other developers (Sam Barlow) or play games like The Secret of Monkey Island.

But this could be neat - he and Victoria (Adrienne in P1) will be playing The 7th Guest.

Paul also has an interview coming up with Brad Greenquist (Georg in GK2) who apparently was almost cast as Curtis in Phantasmagoria 2.

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
I thought he was dead to be honest, so he looks better than expected.
Looks like this series is really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Who's on next, a soulless metal rod? A code monkey?

Neuromancer

Augur
Looks like this series is really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Who's on next, a soulless metal rod? A code monkey?
This is a special case.

Because of Spoony's playthrough of Phantasmagoria 2 many years ago, people were asking Paul for a long time to conduct an interview with Spoony.
Paul tried to get in contact with him to do this for well over a year now. All the time he reclined because of his health issues.

So I am surprised, that Spoony finally agreed to do this interview.

Boleskine

Arcane
:bounce: The conversation with Spoony premieres one hour from this post! :bounce:

edit - fairly uninteresting tbh. The good news is that there will apparently be a follow-up discussion.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Augur
Wow, the Spoony video already has over 12,000 views after only 4 days - way more than all the other videos on that channel.

After a cursorily glance, only the videos with Victoria Morsell seem to stand out otherwise - ranging from 1,700 to 6,300 views - but still way below Spoony's.

So, if this is "scraping the bottom of the barrel", that was a barrel of gold for this channel.

Pound Meat

Prophet
This is a special case.

Because of Spoony's playthrough of Phantasmagoria 2 many years ago, people were asking Paul for a long time to conduct an interview with Spoony.
Paul tried to get in contact with him to do this for well over a year now. All the time he reclined because of his health issues.

So I am surprised, that Spoony finally agreed to do this interview.
Being a cunt is not a health issue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom