Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Convince me to replay witchers

So, can tou inport TW2 to TW3?
Yes, and if you import a TW2 save then TW3 will import & account for a few more events from the past games than if you simply answer the questionnaire about past events at the end of TW3's prologue (intended for console players as they can't import saves).

Even if you don't have a TW1->TW2 save to import into TW3 (few people would after so long) you can still use console commands during TW3's prologue to set all the flags/events that get imported same as if you imported a save. There used to be a list somewhere in the CDPR forums.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Witcher 3 is a cutscene simulator with flat and empty open world,
Bullshit. Witcher 3 has the the best open world out of any game. It's absolutely filled with content on every corner, a lot of it not shown on the map. There are so many quests you can finish the game while ignoring half of them. And the world is so beautiful you could do a walking simulator in it and sell it as a game.

Well, not sure if serious about the rich content, but the world design was actually one of the best things about TW3 IMO - alongside the graphics, atmosphere and waifus. Its mostly a believable place, with impressive, huge sprawling cities, forbidden, deep wilderness forests and so on.

Every time this topic gets brought up, I remember that the amazing armour you assemble in 1, and the Moonblade you work so much for in 1, get trashed in like 5 minutes in the 2nd game, and I just despair.
What do you mean by this exactly? I thought it was neat that they bothered to allow you to start out the game with the gear you had at the end of TW1, just a shame that they chickened out and didn't actually make you lose it at the end of the prologue. As far as I recall you keep the armor regardless, and the dragon only takes whichever silver sword you have equiped, not the additional ones in your inventory (when you import you start out with both the basic gear and the imported gear) so you equip the basic one for the dragon fight and keep Aerondight for the rest of the game, thereby screwing with the balance and item progression (the imported gear is better than anything you get until the halfway point in the game in chapter 2 - at least with FCR2) and even quest progression (if you get to flotsam with no silver sword as you're supposed to you get a quest to craft a silver sword so you can go hunt monster with it). Even TW3's B&W refers to how you lost Aerondight, the dragon was clearly supposed to take it.

I fully agree with The Mask. The epic gear that felt so good to be earned in TW1 became outclassed by stuff you find in first game location in vanilla TW2. That was REALLY very painful. Like a slap in the face. No idea about the modded game, don't care.

1ttffsse

Literate
re: convince me to replay witchers:

"Just watched the Netflix show? Angry and Disappointed and want wash that experience away but not in to reading books (or have read them already multiple times? We got the pastime for you - CDPR's The Witcher games a more faithful (unfaithful) adaptation of the adventures of your favorite dad monster hunter with his best girl daughter Ciri, vs the guys that try to steal her."

Semiurge

Cipher
Do you remember who you sided with in W2? If yes, then it could be worth playing it again once to side with the other side, because that completely changes one of the acts.

W3 is not worth replaying.

It's probably a good idea to remind everyone that Siegfried only shows up in TW2 if you side with the Order in TW1. That's a major pity for all the neutral witchers out there.

oh I almost forgot. You're missing out on this:

>whistles for magic horse
>autoruns on road to quest marker
>toucan sam vision activates
>"Mhmm....giant slash marks all over the victim....a Drowner™, gotta be"
>"Come on, Roach"
>follows nose
>guys in Drowner™ costumes appear
>"OY BLOODY 'ELL FUCKING CUNT SHIT FUCK CUNT, IT'S A FUCKIN' WITCHER IT IS! GET "EM"
>"Shit you stink" ALALALALALALALALA *sets guys on fire and they stumble and recover immediately, does a cinematic slash and cuts guys in half"
>"Mhmm....Bandits™ pretending to be Drowners™......better tell the village head about this"
>"Come on, Roach"
>autoruns on road back to village
>"OY BLOODY FUCK CUNT WITCHAH, WOT ABOUT DA CONTRACT WESE PAIDS YA FOR YA BLOODY FUCKING CUNT?"
>"Just some bastards posing as Drowners™, here's proof shows flipper"
>"OY KURWA, HERE'S YA REWARD DA WHOLE VILLAGE CHIPPED IN"
>"Drowning in Danger" Complete AHHHHHHHHHH
>10 crowns received
you forgot to mention an alternative ending where you use batman vision to find an evidence which tells you taht the quest giver was in on it with the drowners. And a stupid haggling minigame which allows you to earn 11 crowns instead of 10.

What quest is that?

Every time this topic gets brought up, I remember that the amazing armour you assemble in 1, and the Moonblade you work so much for in 1, get trashed in like 5 minutes in the 2nd game, and I just despair.
What do you mean by this exactly? I thought it was neat that they bothered to allow you to start out the game with the gear you had at the end of TW1, just a shame that they chickened out and didn't actually make you lose it at the end of the prologue. As far as I recall you keep the armor regardless, and the dragon only takes whichever silver sword you have equiped, not the additional ones in your inventory (when you import you start out with both the basic gear and the imported gear) so you equip the basic one for the dragon fight and keep Aerondight for the rest of the game, thereby screwing with the balance and item progression (the imported gear is better than anything you get until the halfway point in the game in chapter 2 - at least with FCR2) and even quest progression (if you get to flotsam with no silver sword as you're supposed to you get a quest to craft a silver sword so you can go hunt monster with it). Even TW3's B&W refers to how you lost Aerondight, the dragon was clearly supposed to take it.

Moon blade is better than Aerondight, but acquired very late in the game.

Semiurge

Cipher
image.jpg

The lesbomancy scenes from TW2 on youtube are all restricted. What the fuck is wrong with this world.

Last edited:

Novice
Leave it up to Codexers to shit on anything remotely popular in spite of its actual quality, but then spam "funny" reaction underneath a fucking Facebook meme.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA, no heckin' way!!! Do you get the joke, guys?! Daenerys' hair is SILVER, and Henry Cavill is SUPERMAN (I heckin' love SUPERMAN!)!!! HAHAHA! If you merge Daenerys and Henry Cavill you get Geralt! I can't, so funny, I heckin' can't!!! Also, all women are whores and I hate black people lol! Also, Baldur's Gate 2 is THE best game ever made!" - actual quote from a Codexer who hasn't touched grass in years on account of browsing 4chan all day long in his dead grandmother's basement

Humanophage

Arcane
a Codexer who hasn't touched grass in years on account of browsing 4chan all day long in his dead grandmother's basement
Sounds like a based bloke.

Although accusing people of living in basements to say that they are not financially independent enough is an American thing. I doubt anyone lives in basements in Greater Serbia.

I never bothered with the Moonblade because it's a saber. Doesn't look right with the combat styles that use a lot of thrusts and false edge cuts. Moreover, Aerondight was given to you by the fucking Lady of the Lake. Sentimental object is sentimental.

BanEvader

There's really nothing remarkable about The Witcher. They're decent storyfag games, and that's about it. One and done type deal.
Everything The Witcher does, VtMB does better and by quite a margin.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I'd say first one yes, but what about the other two?
If you only played the games at the time of release, you should give TW2 another go with the Enhanced Edition. It fleshes out some parts of the game and adds a couple of great side quests, one of which is probably my favorite quest in the game. TW3 has the least replay value, but you should at least play the expansions if you haven't already.

I'd say that if you really have the urge to hear the blues one more time, go for one conclusive playthrough of the series, importing your save from one game to another (even if the changes are largely cosmetic). Based on your posts there's probably a ton of stuff in those games that you haven't seen yet, and Blood and Wine does give a nice sense of closure to the whole thing.

Semiurge

Cipher

Alternative Imports Mod

829-5-1496894582.jpg

829-6-1496894582.jpg

The mod should've made Raven's Armor a full suit with pants and gloves included, and the stats of that armor spread across them. I never liked how the jacket bears no resemblance to any of the three versions in Witcher 1, its base model is that of those cheap quilted jackets you can purchase in chapter 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom