Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Copper Dreams Kickstarter Campaign is Live

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kickstarter is the closest thing to giving charities that I know of. Will back.

As for the 'dex collective backing effort:

tumblr_n0jzouvMWC1r04g55o3_500.gif

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll have to give a pass on the campaign, but best of luck to Whalenought. I'll get the game at some point once it's out.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Only thing that triggers me in that KS gameplay video is that jumping animation. I will be super :negative: if that animations stays like that for release.

Seerix

Arbiter
Wish I had the money to spend, oh god.

And those fucking graphics, looks like some PSX shit! :love:

Mustawd

You know how I feel about this. Fuck those people.

*Mustawd playing a no-save video game*

Cat 1: Meow
Mustawd: Fuck off, I'm playing
Cat 1: Mrooow. Mrow.
Mustawd: I said F' off

5 minutes later:

Cat 1: MRROOOWEEEEWOOOWW!!
Cat 2: *growl*
Mustawd's soon to be ex wife (MSTBEW): The cat's are fighting again! Stop them before they break something
Mustawd: .....*continues to play*
*sounds of cats fighting and something breaking in the kitchen*

*MSTBEW walks in the room* Did you even hear me?! I said to stop them and they knocked over my mom's vase and broke it! WTF?!

----30 minutes of arguing later-----

Mustawd: Jesus christ...ok back to playing *Mustawd sees his toaster is beginning to overheat a bit* Shit...let me finish this mission and save.
Cat 2: Mrow.
Mustawd: Don't even. Not right now
Cat 2: *looks at Mustawd*
Cat 2: *Begins to puke on the carpet*
MSTBEW: I heard that! Clean that crap up!
Mustawd: In a second!...I'm almost done with my work. Jesus christ.

----30 minutes of arguing later-----

Mustawd: Finally, let me finish this mission...

*laptop shuts off and loses all progress of the game*

Cat 1: *begins to eat puke*

:negative:

31415_530063461875_6439425_n_zpsp0uhajuu.jpg

Whalenought_Joe

Whalenought Studios
Developer
Thanks for the news post Infinitron! And thanks everyone for the support, you guys are ridiculous. I think ~25% of the current pledges were from here. As always Hannah and I are very grateful for the interest. We'll be doing our first update today, and then the first content one will be going into detail about combat mechanics specifically, then another on skills and keyword dialogue.

Autosave on quit is a good feature, not to be confused with unlimited hardsaves/quicksave.

A persistent save + autosave on quit is actually how we had first envisioned the saving system, with the possible addition of a 1-slot 'town save' you could overwrite. The radio-save mechanic functions as an in-between of that and something more comfortable, making areas either completely safe, risky or just impossible to save in, but still allowing you to be able to try things again or jump off buildings. This also gives consequence for choices, skill and item uses for in those no-save gauntlet areas and bunkers. Autosaves still happen on entering any new map.

The radio itself was first going to be a giant backpack your Agent wore, kind of like a WW2 field radio, but we decided to make it just an inventory item to be less bulky on the models. There will be some puzzle/secret frequency uses for it as well (it has a GUI you can type those in with) plus you can always just throw it at enemies if you run out of ammo. Really quite multi-functional.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Not backed (technical issue), but voted for Greenlight, and I'll buy it on day 1 when it will be released. )

Is it possible to get some game portals to report on this KS?
I'm translating all news about Coppr Dreams and SitS on some Russian forum, this is my contribution to the game and community.

*Mustawd playing a no-save video game*
Hilarious. Same, with dog that like to chase sunbeams and demands that I make them for him. )

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Speaking of donation drives: how much is lost to transfer / currency conversion fees compared to just backing the campaign? Quite a lot I'd imagine.

I quite literally love the low-poly models but the environments could use a bit more colour, I think.

Whalenought_Joe would it be too much trouble to make faux-leather versions of the book? I would like my gimmick items to be cruelty-free, if possible. I've reserved my copy but will have to change if that's not possible.

Also, the Kickstarter page shows a male figure as the prototype of the main character but we do get to choose gender, right?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom