Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Coreplay Issues Statement in Response to bitComposer Interview

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
136063795229.png

Improved :smug:

The_scorpion

Liturgist
I think publishers and developers would rather make an "Entwicklungsvertrag" in which exists also the question of "Entwicklungsrisiko".

Could be. The "Entwicklungsvertrag" (development contract) isn't a contract type that's codified under the Swiss civil code. The nearest I can come to at a guess for the contract between cp/bc under Swiss law is the Werkvertrag assuming money was exchanged between the parties for the creation of something to specification.

Would the primary characteristics of the development contract be an obligation to develop a product/program in exchange for money where development risk is taken into account? I guess it might be called a "Innominatvertrag" over here, that is a contract that doesn't fall under a specific codified form of contract but that includes parts of different types of codified contracts as well as including some other stuff no one has any idea about in order to confuse everybody from the lawyers upto the judge about what the hell they have before them:D In cases of such frankenstein contracts courts here would tend to say "well the disputed contract mostly resembles/has a lot of elements of this codified contract, so let's use the rules set up for that and see what the law says about which sucker has to foot the bill for the agreement going to hell".

Whatever contract type was signed though, it ultimately means squat if the parties can't agree on some dispute settlement between themselves. I'd be the first to admit that court proceedings just aren't that good at getting the parties to sit down and hammer out a workable solution to anything.

stuff like that ought to go to arbitration. No having seen the contract, i speculate it's a mess (after all, we know how CP develops and how BC publishes)

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
What has to be done is done : the blog is closed.Bye bye all the passionate discussions and beautiful arts and screens
Even the forum is now archived

Bad dread day

Repressed Homosexual
It's their own fault for making Bit Composer believe they could turn a Diablo clone into Temple of Elemental Evil with more content in less than a year. I have no sympathy for them.

Stabwound

Arcane
At least a few threads are gone from the archived forum, too, including ones about the recent turn of events. The game was dead, but they just buried the corpse now so it has no change of coming back to life. :salute:

The game was too good to be true, but it's a shame they hyped it up so much. It would have been better if it just came and disappeared without the stringing along, although we might have never known what happened to it if that was the case.

Mantic

Educated
Yeah well if it's dead, officially cancel it already, it still has an entry on Steam's "Coming Soon" list for christsakes.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, what will Coreplay do now? Work on some shitty games nobody cares about, or will they try to make an RPG of their own with the accumulated experience they got from working on this project?

Ramireza

Savant
Coreplay is shutting down, that's what we do.
But at least we tried to make a true cRPG.

Thats realy sad!

All the best to you guys and gals.

Lets face it : The Time for cRPG´s is over (again?)

But maybe Avellone, "The Fargo" and their KS minions could turn the tide in their mexican stand off.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Terrible news Hobgob.Hope you will rise again with another good project.Keep your indie work

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
A shame , but i can understand wanting to sink your own boat rather than compromise with someone you loathe.

Jack Dandy

Arcane

God dammit

In any case.... Thank you very VERY much for trying to bring about a game that I would love to play. Even if fate conspired that it wouldn't become a reality.
I hope you fare well in the future.

If it cheers you up even a little bit, know that I will never buy a Bitcomposer-published game again, and advise everybody I know to do the same.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

God dammit

In any case.... Thank you very VERY much for trying to bring about a game that I would love to play. Even if fate conspired that it wouldn't become a reality.
I hope you fare well in the future.

If it cheers you up even a little bit, know that I will never buy a Bitcomposer-published game again, and advise everybody I know to do the same.
So you will not play STALKER CoP, the Void, Expeditions: Conquistador and others, just because Corpseplay don't want to finish the game they hyped so much here? I guess you are losing out on fun games then.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Ah man, I fucked up. Whoops. Forgot about Conquistador. :o
Already bought it, loved it, and will definitely keep recommending it to people.

Still I'm mighty upset about Bitcomposer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom