Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Coreplay Issues Statement in Response to bitComposer Interview

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Corpse play should totally adopt Obsidian tatics. Release the fucking game, then blame the publishers for bugs and shit. But now they are just forgotten history. BTW, JarlFrank got fired?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Jarl wanted to be the next Brother None. He'll have to settle for roving reporter for RPG Codex.

Monty

Arcane
So long Coreplay, sad to see you go. :salute:

Still seems such a waste that that part-completed game will now just rot away in legal limbo. I realise we don't really know how much had actually been completed, but I liked the look of the screenshots and what they'd discussed in terms of systems and gameplay.

Repressed Homosexual
So let me get this straight HobGoblin42

You undoubtedly had all the best intentions, but you thought it was realistic to take the assets and work from a console diablo clone, and turn that into a full-fledged, polished, content-rich unofficial spiritual sequel to Temple of Elemental Evil in what, less than 10 months?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sad, sad news. This game had so much potential. Seeing all of it go to waste is devastating.

Realistically speaking, I will never run out of games to play, therefore I usually don't care when an announced game is cancelled. Big deal - one cancelled, 100 still in the making, 500 still in my backlog.

Not so with Chaos Chronicles. This game sounded like it was doing everything right and I was really looking forward to it. CC being buried permanently is as bad news for me as cancelling Firefly was back in the day. Fuck this shit.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
32CGMvt.jpg

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Maybe this is another lame attempt to force the hand of the publisher cause a serious developer would never treat his work like this.

Rake

Arcane
Maybe this is another lame attempt to force the hand of the publisher cause a serious developer would never treat his work like this.
And yet there are people who bash Obsidian for doing popamole games and say that they should refuse the "bad" contracts. And when Coreplay does exactly that(and goes out of buisness), they are unprofessional?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
And yet there are people who bash Obsidian for doing popamole games and say that they should refuse the "bad" contracts. And when Coreplay does exactly that(and goes out of buisness), they are unprofessional?

Is not only about one "bad" contract. It's about their work. I don't give a fuck about BitComposer but Coreplay should respect their own work.

After 2-3 years of development, they should have stick with BitComposer and release whatever they had done. Even in a unfinished state (yeah, yeah ... Obsidian)

At least then people could judge them based on something. But now, they burned all the bridges and lost everything just because ... the publisher is evil!?

Great. Coreplay will never develop something again. But they tried. They really tried. I mean *REALLY* tried ... meh. Fuck it.

Last edited:

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

Is not only about one "bad" contract. It's about their work. I don't give a fuck about BitComposer but Coreplay should respect their own work.

After 2-3 years of development, they should have stick with BitComposer and release whatever they had done. Even in a unfinished state (yeah, yeah ... Obsidian)

At least than people could judge them based on something. But now, they burned all the bridges and lost everything just because ... the publisher is evil!?

Great. Coreplay will never develop something again. But they tried. They really tried. I mean *REALLY* tried ... meh. Fuck it.
BitComposer at least tried to negotiate the issue, while dem devs seemed like not wanting to negotiate anything that wasn't on their terms, so as a potential pirate ( :troll: ), i side with the publishers on this one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom