Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Covering tabletop RPG

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Mortmal, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    I think the codex should start covering news about tabletop rpgs , those using fantasy grounds, VTT foundry and roll20 . In those time of quarantine, those are more and more popular.
    There's simply not enough true RPG to fill the front page, we have a core audience of true rpg players here in the gazebo who may be interested .
    Plus those publishers may offer you juicy bribes and keys as well , so nothing to lose !

• incline incline x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Gangrelrumbler Arcane Patron

Gangrelrumbler
    RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    If lack of news is a problem the website could also cover some cRPG-related stuff, not just releases and development news. There are books about RPGs being published, and there are quality channels like Matt Chatt and stuff. Perhaps them putting-on some quality video would be newsworthy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Crispy Don't get old. Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    The Gazebo p. much covers anything and everything tabletop-related as far as RPG Codex is concerned, including news.

We're computer roleplaying games-oriented here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal

Seems computer roleplaying game oriented enough to me ...

• rolleyes rolleyes x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    If you think scraping the barrel for rpgmakers clones, phone games or post another obsidian dev diary is more interisting Crispy , good for you. The future of CRPGs is into those virtual tabletop with more and more features and automation.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Crispy Don't get old. Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    I see you don't want to let this go.

Attempt to justify it all you'd like to, but the fact remains that RPG Codex is a discussion board oriented towards RPGs that are exclusively and specifically played on a computer, typically by a single player.

We, of course, do allow and encourage discussion about tabletop-oriented RPGs, including those that use a PC and the internet to facilitate their play, but those are still considered tabletop RPGs and are discussed, freely, in The Gazebo.

Thank you and have a pleasant day.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. OldSkoolKamikaze Arcane Patron

OldSkoolKamikaze
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    A we of majesty now ? Age doesnt do you too well either . I dont think you speak for everyone here, they keep you around as mascot . You are an irrespectful old goat as usual , roll eyes and bad spelling are not very civil .

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Crispy Don't get old. Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    You seem upset.

I recommend starting a new thread here in Site Feedback about it.

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Ok good sir, i am afraid i have to grant you two well deserved shit ratings as well , or more .

• How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. HeroMarine Irenaeus

HeroMarine
    I'm thinking of starting an online pnp campaign in a couple of months and might take some codex players. <=== example of news for the front page.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Ol' Willy Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Ol' Willy
    Quarantine is still a thing?

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.