Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crafts

In Teudogar it says in the info how good your are at crafting but what sort of crafts can you learn? I know you can use the loom and go fishing but when you click on the billets of iron or something it says "why learn a craft when you are capable of fighting? "
Also on this subject, when can you use the sickle as when I use it it says "there is nothing to harvest here", what is there to harvest?

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Hi General Marius, sorry for my delayed reply (I was absent for 4 weeks).

> what is there to harvest?
Alas, nothing. According to the plot, it's currently spring; the fields are just being plowed. (And due to the game's limited technology in this regard, it remains spring eternally.)

> In Teudogar it says in the info how good your are at crafting but what sort of crafts can you learn?
This stat mainly refers to your ability to repair your weapons/armor, and weave cloth and the like.
I admit the whole handcraft section in Teudogar is pretty thin; I did much to extend that in DARGHUL, but yes, there's not much you can do in Teudogar.

Part of it is cultural, though: This was an aristocratic, warlike culture, much similar to the Roman or Greek one: Work was for slaves. It was demeaning to work. A free man, unless crippled, ought to fight and win slaves instead of doing any work himself.

I think this was a real conviction in most Indo-European cultures; as far as I remember, Aristotle, Cicero, and Seneca were all full of scorn whenever they mentioned workers; the only thing worthwhile was virtue, which was understood as a noble warrior's braveness, self-control, and gentlemanliness, but never as dedication to manual work, since only war, politics and perhaps law were considered worthy fields of action for a free man (unless one was extremely poor).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom