Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Crayon Physics goes next-gen.

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by DefJam101, Feb 10, 2009.

1. DefJam101 Arcane

DefJam101
    I don't know how long ago this was released, but I couldn't find a thread about it using search. Crayon Physics Deluxe has been released, get it here, motherfuckers!:

http://www.crayonphysics.com/

[​IMG]

Relive your sick childhood fantasies in glorious technicolour.

^ Top  
  2. hiver Guest

hiver
    Great, another next-gen game. Thats all i need now.

^ Top  
  3. spectre Arcane

spectre
    But wherr iz ze blum?!

^ Top  
  4. Kaiserin Liturgist

Kaiserin
    I'm actually rather happy that this aspect of casual gaming seems to be taking off. I really do appreciate programmers that are willing to take advantage of the unique aspects of the medium to convey interesting design ideas. Speaking of which, what I feel the need to tell people when 'are games art' gets brought up is 'they are a medium which people can use to create art.' After all, pretty much any interactive computer program designed for recreation can be qualified as a game, and it would be pretty silly to dismiss the entire future of said medium on the grounds of what has happened so far.

^ Top  
  5. DiverNB Liturgist

DiverNB
    I don't know, I found the game to be kind of boring and bland. Each puzzle was able to be done practically the same way.

I just feel that a game that encourages creativity of this magnitude needs puzzles that require creativity and outside the box thinking.

^ Top  
  6. DriacKin Arbiter

DriacKin
    Casual gamers would probably whine about how the game is "too hard" if the game had puzzles that actually required thinking.
    This game is clearly intended for the casual gaming crowd. Most of whom don't really want anything more than simple puzzles.

^ Top  
  7. Dmitron Arbiter

Dmitron
    Yeah the puzzles are samey. World of Goo managed to introduce variety into it's challenges. Still, I'm happy to support indie developers with my cash.

^ Top  
  8. Kaiserin Liturgist

Kaiserin
    I don't blame you, it wasn't made for you and it isn't what it could be in 10 years. I don't care for the game myself, but I do think it's nice that games like it are part of what is coming along with the otherwise horrendous casual gaming phenomenon.

^ Top  
  9. DiverNB Liturgist

DiverNB
    I wish Adventure games would become more mainstream. I don't see that happening at all, however.

^ Top  
  10. NiM82 Prophet

NiM82
    Nice concept, but the puzzles are crap, no challenge at all.

^ Top  
  11. crakkie Arcane

crakkie

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.