Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crayon Physics goes next-gen.

DefJam101

Arcane
I don't know how long ago this was released, but I couldn't find a thread about it using search. Crayon Physics Deluxe has been released, get it here, motherfuckers!:

http://www.crayonphysics.com/

crayon_physics_deluxe_400x300.jpg

Relive your sick childhood fantasies in glorious technicolour.

Kaiserin

Liturgist
I'm actually rather happy that this aspect of casual gaming seems to be taking off. I really do appreciate programmers that are willing to take advantage of the unique aspects of the medium to convey interesting design ideas. Speaking of which, what I feel the need to tell people when 'are games art' gets brought up is 'they are a medium which people can use to create art.' After all, pretty much any interactive computer program designed for recreation can be qualified as a game, and it would be pretty silly to dismiss the entire future of said medium on the grounds of what has happened so far.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Kaiserin said:
I'm actually rather happy that this aspect of casual gaming seems to be taking off. I really do appreciate programmers that are willing to take advantage of the unique aspects of the medium to convey interesting design ideas. Speaking of which, what I feel the need to tell people when 'are games art' gets brought up is 'they are a medium which people can use to create art.' After all, pretty much any interactive computer program designed for recreation can be qualified as a game, and it would be pretty silly to dismiss the entire future of said medium on the grounds of what has happened so far.

I don't know, I found the game to be kind of boring and bland. Each puzzle was able to be done practically the same way.

I just feel that a game that encourages creativity of this magnitude needs puzzles that require creativity and outside the box thinking.

DriacKin

Arbiter
DiverNB said:
I don't know, I found the game to be kind of boring and bland. Each puzzle was able to be done practically the same way.

I just feel that a game that encourages creativity of this magnitude needs puzzles that require creativity and outside the box thinking.

Casual gamers would probably whine about how the game is "too hard" if the game had puzzles that actually required thinking.
This game is clearly intended for the casual gaming crowd. Most of whom don't really want anything more than simple puzzles.

Dmitron

Arbiter
Yeah the puzzles are samey. World of Goo managed to introduce variety into it's challenges. Still, I'm happy to support indie developers with my cash.

Kaiserin

Liturgist
I don't blame you, it wasn't made for you and it isn't what it could be in 10 years. I don't care for the game myself, but I do think it's nice that games like it are part of what is coming along with the otherwise horrendous casual gaming phenomenon.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Kaiserin said:
I don't blame you, it wasn't made for you and it isn't what it could be in 10 years. I don't care for the game myself, but I do think it's nice that games like it are part of what is coming along with the otherwise horrendous casual gaming phenomenon.

I wish Adventure games would become more mainstream. I don't see that happening at all, however.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom