Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Not sure if this was posted or not

But after watching it i have a few misgivings about some of the gameplay changes... namely, not having to worry about having boats to transport troops, and all levies being raised on a single rally point. Both remove a layer of planning and make invasions of islands and far off lands trival, as well as dealing with rebellions and invasions of your own territory by raising all your army in a single place.

Vatnik Wumao
I disagree with the rallying point system as well. In the case of navies though, I think that it's an improvement in lack of a naval combat system (which I'm assuming will come about in a fleshier expansion, possibly together with playable merchant republics).

namely, not having to worry about having boats to transport troops

I think this one is mostly for the Paradox AI's benefit since it typically struggles at moving troops overseas in games where discrete naval units have to meet up with land units to transport them, but can move troops overseas fine when it's just pathing with the land units on naval provinces (ie, HoIIV).

I've never seen it have problems in CK2. If the AI doesn't have to figure out if its safe on the seas then it should be easy. HoI4 is just fucking retarded and the AI gladly will send millions to die in the Mediterranean as Germany ships half of the Wehrmacht to North Africa.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I disagree with the rallying point system as well. In the case of navies though, I think that it's an improvement in lack of a naval combat system (which I'm assuming will come about in a fleshier expansion, possibly together with playable merchant republics).
Nah i do enjoy rising the navy and shipping troops. Those boats cost money and opinion,thus if you are numb in the head you could forget them and fuck yourself over. It is small thing but i think it should be in the game.

namely, not having to worry about having boats to transport troops

I think this one is mostly for the Paradox AI's benefit since it typically struggles at moving troops overseas in games where discrete naval units have to meet up with land units to transport them, but can move troops overseas fine when it's just pathing with the land units on naval provinces (ie, HoIIV).
It is more about the devs being lazy,at this point you can't even say that paradox games have an AI. They have added too many shit mechanics that nobody cares about and fucked the AI beyond believe. Thus they end up cutting mechanics rather than improving the AI.

Vatnik Wumao
Nah i do enjoy rising the navy and shipping troops. Those boats cost money and opinion,thus if you are numb in the head you could forget them and fuck yourself over. It is small thing but i think it should be in the game.
I don't think that it adds much to the game besides making it more tedious, but eh.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I don't think that it adds much to the game besides making it more tedious, but eh.
It is a small detail that ads to the "immersion" ,just like the troops spawning in their provinces. The whole thing feels like dumbing down of the game and making it in to sims 4.5.

It is more about the devs being lazy,at this point you can't even say that paradox games have an AI. They have added too many shit mechanics that nobody cares about and fucked the AI beyond believe. Thus they end up cutting mechanics rather than improving the AI.

Sure, the root cause is that the developers are lazy, but the change itself is still an improvement, and realistically the best that can be hoped for from Paradox. At least in this case, cutting a feature is making their games better rather than just dumbing them down for no gain (the usual Paradox route).

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So far these are my two biggest issues j have seen from the information they have released so far, otherwise they seem to be adding complexity and more flavor and depth to the game overall.

This is shaping up to be their best day 1 release in years, after the fuck ups that were Stellaris and imperator at release.

Vatnik Wumao
I cant wait for HIP for this.
Anyone has link to full map with all provinces, counties etc.?
Likewise @ HIP. And say no more, druzhe:
CK3counties.png

CKcomparisonchart.png

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Apparently HIP for CK3 will be a long wait, but the man behind the SWMH map module for it seems keen to come out with something independently quickly. Looking at the absolutely stupid province density in sub Saharan Africa and Tibet(and proportional price paid in relevant, interesting places) I don’t know if I’d want to get too invested without it.

Vatnik Wumao
Apparently HIP for CK3 will be a long wait, but the man behind the SWMH map module for it seems keen to come out with something independently quickly. Looking at the absolutely stupid province density in sub Saharan Africa and Tibet(and proportional price paid in relevant, interesting places) I don’t know if I’d want to get too invested without it.
As far as I'm concerned, both sub-Saharan Africa and the Far East (a.i. India & co.) are pointless bloat for the game. Most of the players are not familiar with the historical and cultural particularities of these regions and consequently there is no appeal to playing in them.

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
I cant wait for HIP for this.
Anyone has link to full map with all provinces, counties etc.?
Likewise @ HIP. And say no more, druzhe:
CK3counties.png

CKcomparisonchart.png
Damn that is nice, but they fucked north caucasus. Even Karelia has better province density
At least Silesia has good amount of border gore, Pomerania is meh. I hope that i can set germanic-slavic border on Łaba, like in good old times.

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They have telemetry data - so I suppose that people are playing in those remote areas, even if I can't believe it. I have never heard from anyone that he played seriously even in India.

I mean Mali and Mansa Musa sound nice on paper, but in reality, it's remote with terra incognita around it and not many interesting events going on. It's not even a survival game like the small Christian / Jewish provinces in Africa or Zoroastrism elsewhere.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom