Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Zariusz

Arbiter
Russian areas got axed hard on provinces
They did this for bigger niggalands.
The amount of provinces in Ongobongoland is simply ridiculous.
The biggest question is why Tibetans have such big province density. North western Tibet was always like mountains, lakes and wasteland provinces.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron

Like I said, when I saw the map and realized how much had been sacrificed to give every hut in Africa, Tibet and India its own province I realized that just removing those useless places and characters wouldn’t be enough, I’d need to wait for someone to fix the important places that got totally neglected. Bohemia is a bad joke.

Vatnik Wumao
Also the map being ragged on the east means that they will invariably add japan and korea with a Sengoku expansion.
Before I get my hopes up for the feasibility of such a thing, I want to see them properly implement the imperial government type in the ERE this time around (which they've promised to do post-release). Otherwise having Japan be akin to India in CK2 (i.e. a cheap rehash of Western feudalism) is not something I want to see implemented in CK3.

thesecret1

Arcane
More areas mean more dilution of flavour. It'll be a flavorless game again since they'll spread it too thin, and mods will need to save it yet again

Vatnik Wumao
Also, found a screenshot of the actual in-game province map:
county.jpg

Not all province names are distinguishable, but yeah. On an unrelated note, I do dig the medieval cartographic decorum with sea monsters and what not.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Also, found a screenshot of the actual in-game province map:
county.jpg

Not all province names are distinguishable, but yeah. On an unrelated note, I do dig the medieval cartographic decorum with sea monsters and what not.
It slightly reminds me catalan Atlas
800px-Europe_Mediterranean_Catalan_Atlas.jpeg

Thank God that actuall game map has decent amount of islands, watching south baltic islands fused to coast was painful.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Russian areas got axed hard on provinces
They did this for bigger niggalands.
The biggest question is why Tibetans have such big province density. North western Tibet was always like mountains, lakes and wasteland provinces.
Most likely they just used google to see which part of the map is above X meters and made it in to wasteland. That is the only thing i could come up with when it comes to why the wastelands are so fucking brain dead retarded.

thesecret1

Arcane
Why are there those wastelands in Bohemia and Germany? Like I get the Alps and all, but the rest are like... bigger hills IRL, see attached picture. Those things obviously were inhabited even back then, and not some impassable wasteland.
yGCNnJMx--DDcXi2ws7A0bGlGEXubzWpyzy4g_coIunTknLqv-cn5zmlesq7UTyHgINQzqllRNjfet6_kROpHUPMFTO4X_Pr

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why are there those wastelands in Bohemia and Germany? Like I get the Alps and all, but the rest are like... bigger hills IRL, see attached picture. Those things obviously were inhabited even back then, and not some impassable wasteland.
As i said,the wastelands are retarded lol. Bulgarian's wasteland is also mega retarded,they put it in the place where there is the most passes lol, Also they made the wasteland not even covering the highest parts of the mountain.In reality it should split the country in half with only three places to pass. Those people are amazingly lazy lol. If you want do mountain mechanics,do it as it should be,not half assedly spray paint a bunch of random provinces.

Its a county count, not a count of baronies/max baronies, the latter is way more important for region power.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
yGCNnJMx--DDcXi2ws7A0bGlGEXubzWpyzy4g_coIunTknLqv-cn5zmlesq7UTyHgINQzqllRNjfet6_kROpHUPMFTO4X_Pr

Multiplayer balance, of course. :kingcomrade:

mondblut

Arcane
The wastelands are really retarded and kind off inaccurate at best lol

Well, some of it looks like the old "impassable borders" rendered more artistic. But the holes in Finland/Novgorod or NW of Caspian Sea are straight up puzzling. Where did they find lifeless deserts in there? A swampy forest or a steppe are not inhabitable.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The wastelands are really retarded and kind off inaccurate at best lol

Well, some of it looks like the old "impassable borders" rendered more artistic. But the holes in Finland/Novgorod or NW of Caspian Sea are straight up puzzling. Where did they find lifeless deserts in there? A swampy forest or a steppe are not inhabitable.
Mountains are also good habitat. I have no idea what is going on in their empty heads. Just accept it as retarded and move on lol. A good idea would have been if mountains are made in impassable terrain for armies but still be part of a some kind of unique barony,where you could develop and build unique buildings. Maybe have passes that you could build forts that will restrict the enemy movement trough it.

Stress based on gaming the game instead of following the personality of the character is an interesting mechanic.

Agreed. It would be an interesting way to make players actually follow the characters of their characters rather than just having every character be the same ultra-logical min-maxer god-king.

Better than stress based on picking the rulership focus.

"It is time for me to study how to rule better so that I may reign better over my realm and be a better, more just king."

"I HATE MY FUCKING LIFE! EVERYTHING TIRES ME!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom