Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Vatnik Wumao
It looks boring...

give a religious map
Haven't found a full map, but there are some YT videos which show it more or less integrally (e.g. the official Paradox stream).

A partial map showcasing most of Europe:
wbrkkax57sy41.png

It is out of date though since Paradox has renamed the Slavic faith from 'poganstvo' to something else.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It looks boring...

give a religious map
Haven't found a full map, but there are some YT videos which show it more or less integrally (e.g. the official Paradox stream).
:negative:
Fuck,my PTSD is back,totally forgot that we talked about how retarded it is. My eyes are bleeding from that garbage.

It is out of date though since Paradox has renamed the Slavic faith from 'poganstvo' to something else.
It seems that they spies on the codex....now go and change the other religions.

It is a shame how a game about crusading,religion is the most untouched aspect.

Any good crusading games out there? I am replaying the first templar,but the companion is really annoying little bitch i want to ditch in a ditch.

thesecret1

Arcane
Rather than trying to stun me by how many gorillion counties they've added and how many kangz they've included, what I want to know is, will things like merchant republics be in? Those things are astonishingly buggy to this very day, so having an actually working system in CK3 would be nice. What about holy orders and the like? Tribals, nomads? Or will the game launch like CK2 did, with only christian feudals being playable?

Vatnik Wumao
Rather than trying to stun me by how many gorillion counties they've added and how many kangz they've included, what I want to know is, will things like merchant republics be in? Those things are astonishingly buggy to this very day, so having an actually working system in CK3 would be nice. What about holy orders and the like? Tribals, nomads? Or will the game launch like CK2 did, with only christian feudals being playable?
Only non-theocratic, non-republican governments will be available (a.i. tribal, clan and feudal; clan being similar to CK2's iqta governance but not necessarily Muslim), with nomads being tribal at launch and Byzantines being feudal. All religions will be playable at launch as well.

Subsequently they plan on adding through DLC imperial, nomad and (playable) republican governance.

Fictional empires still in the game. :retarded:

Yeah, hate this. The dejure kingdoms and empires look like someone overly concerned with "balance" decided to cut the big boys in half.

I can understand something like a Britannia empire but stuff like the Magreb Empire and Volga-Ural or Siberia Empires are clearly there just as a placeholder because they didn't want to make nearby empires too strong.

Vatnik Wumao

Yeah, hate this. The dejure kingdoms and empires look like someone overly concerned with "balance" decided to cut the big boys in half.
Those are there for the AI to form if they end up blobbing that far, as well as to direct the blobbing in more plausible directions.

You can still form custom kingdoms and empires though, so there's nothing limiting for the player in their existence.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Those are there for the AI to form if they end up blobbing that far, as well as to direct the blobbing in more plausible directions.

You can still form custom kingdoms and empires though, so there's nothing limiting for the player in their existence.
They still look retarded. Empires were never named after the geographical location but after the culture/people.

It means that, for example, the Caliphate won't give a shit about the Magreb because its not in the Arabian Empire like in CK2.

Vatnik Wumao

It means that, for example, the Caliphate won't give a shit about the Magreb because its not in the Arabian Empire like in CK2.
One way or another, game would still have these issues.

Yeah I have to agree those fictional Empires are absolutely lame.

For example, no Eranshah.

Those Empires in Western Europe are also absolutely lame. Empire of Francia? Italy? FFS that's just a few kingdoms. I think it would make way more sense to have a Western Roman Empire on the West. Calling yourself Emperor west of Constantinople should mean Big Shit. Yeah I know about shit like Imperator Totus Hispaniae and such but lets all be honest, nobody really gave a fuck.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

One way or another, game would still have these issues.
Old CK does lack a good CB system where the AI could use.

Vatnik Wumao
Geee mate,you are becoming a shill lol.
I post news. :M
Then take an example from infi,he post them once a month and that way he is not annoying. Fuck you have like 20 posts of meaningless CK3 shit lol. That video for example is like someone reading what happened in XXX year on wiki lol. It is really low effort generic shit.
That video is useful for those who want to think about what their first playthrough's going to be.

And I am actually interested in this stuff, so for me both dev diaries and new footage of the game are newsworthy.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That video is useful for those who want to think about what their first playthrough's going to be.
Ahh not really,most people here know what their first country will be. Tho the video was useful,i do agree,was watching while waiting for my peaches to boil.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom