Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Crysis 2 leak

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Twinkle, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Twinkle Liturgist

Twinkle
    Yes, bros, it's real. Pre-order at your favorite digital distributor :M

^ Top  
  2. Exmit Scholar

Exmit
    someone test this 10gb ass download and tell if it is full :M

^ Top  
  3. MetalCraze Arcane

MetalCraze
    Downloading.

I'm pretty sure console hardware made this videocard benchmark look worse than Crysis even on highest settings.

Meanwhile here's one of the screenshots already out there:

[​IMG]

Screenshot made with high settings, DX9. You can see that consoles did help. Crysis1 looked better with the same conditions.

^ Top  
  4. Exmit Scholar

Exmit
    It's not that Crysis 1 looked better.

There is no giant graphical leap like it was to notice the difference 2001-2006. 2006-2011 is just stagnation in terms of graphic whoring.

^ Top  
  5. Twinkle Liturgist

Twinkle
    WTF is this max textures? Looks like a city version of Warhead thanks to annoying orange-yellow tone and cut down draw dist.

^ Top  
  6. MetalCraze Arcane

MetalCraze
    Forests require much more detail than boxes so it's only natural they've chosen a city for the multiplatform Crysis 2. We all know how bad nature looks on consoles when it comes to the need of having larger view distance. It would've been too much "right in your face" compared to Crysis 1.

I'm interested in physics though. In one of the videos we have seen massive destructions. Wonder if they weren't just for show and are available in PC version.

^ Top  
  7. Twinkle Liturgist

Twinkle
    Scripted, probably. Though, judging by vids physics are less glitchy this time. I like how big explosions cause small objects at a certain radius to fall, even if the explosion isn't very close.

^ Top  
  8. Raapys Arcane

Raapys
    Well, from what I've understood you can't actually turn on max settings( Enthusiast from C:W or V.High from original Crysis), it'll just revert back to regular 'high settings'. Download's finished, so gonna test it soon.

^ Top  
  9. Turisas Arch Devil Patron

Turisas
    Pfeh, pre-release build, probably full of bugs; who the hell cares.

^ Top  
  10. MetalCraze Arcane

MetalCraze
    Yep. But I'll doubt max setting will make any reasonable difference for textures or polygonal detail.

^ Top  
  11. Raapys Arcane

Raapys
    Yeah, been testing it a bit now. Buggy as hell; half the time it won't load properly, shooting sounds are all messed up, can't actually find any advanced graphics settings, etc.

Being forced to play with Vsync on and motion blur isn't really that awesome.

Anyway, it looks okay'ish I guess. Difficult to compare to the first game since the locations are so different. Doubt there's all that much difference in the graphics engine itself, but yeah, textures and polygons might be somewhat lacking. Hard to say if that'll change with better settings. If they actually implemented proper tessellation, then there's a chance that at least the models will look better in the real game( this is DX9 only).

Gameplay seemed like one big meh though. You've a progression of sorts, unlocking upgrades and such, so I guess this is now a aRPG like all the other games these days.

^ Top  
  12. Raapys Arcane

Raapys
    Double post!

^ Top  
  13. Raapys Arcane

Raapys
    Triple post!

^ Top  
  14. Twinkle Liturgist

Twinkle
    We should ask mods to put this thread in the proper sub-forum. :smug:

^ Top  
  15. CrimsonAngel Prophet

CrimsonAngel
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    You know what i am not going to Pirate this game.
    It is out duty as mainly PC gamers to truly support a great game developer in any way we can.

SO stand with me and say NO i will not download this becaus i am better then that.

Together we can all make a difference.

^ Top  
  16. MetalCraze Arcane

MetalCraze
    I'm sorry, but here NPCs don't bore you to tears with lengthy monologues about nothing - thus it's a crappy dungeon crawler and should stay where it is

^ Top  
  17. Skyway's right. If there's no romance it's an ARPG at best, not a full RPG like Mass Effect 2.

^ Top  
  18. The Ninth Circle Scholar

The Ninth Circle
    Looks like SSAO was thrown out the window. :?

^ Top  
  19. pocahaunted Arcane

pocahaunted
    I think I'll stick to "I won't download this because it's utter shit and even though I have unlimited bandwidth I respect my HDDs way too much".

^ Top  
  20. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    What is it with these big ass weapons nowadays that have to cover half the screen? Can't they make them normal sized like in HL2 or Crysis 1?

^ Top  
  21. Quilty Magister

Quilty
    Yeah, this basically. I didn't know the codex was interested in Crysis, of all the shitty FPS games out there.

Goin back to mah just cause 2 bros

^ Top  
  22. Think big! Smoking Dicks

Think big!
    So, how open are the environments?

^ Top  
  23. MapMan Arcane

MapMan
    From what Ive seen: They aren't at all - but i might be mistaken.

This is buggy. You can launch it only on dx9. I tried the maximum settings avaible and while having good framerates it was very unstable. It doesn't look anywhere as good as first crysis. It can be seen in many, many aspects. For example even the simpliest grenade explosion in crysis is awesome, thanks to advanced particle system. Here there's nothing like that. I think there isnt even parallax mapping. Anyway, I'd wait with the judgement until final version. This really is just a beta.

^ Top  
  24. Multidirectional Arcane

Multidirectional
    I only got to the part in very beginning where you first see the city. Didn't try how open it was, but it did seem open at least. Anyway, this version is just too bad to go any further, I'll wait for the real thing. Performance on "hardcore" settings seems to be similar to first Crysis on Very High, except it stutters like hell. I assume it's due to it being beta. It didn't look bad, but something about it was not right, colors didn't seem as natural to me. Also horrible FOV, simple pistol takes up about as much (or more) screen as the assault rifle in Crysis 1.
    These things might still be fixed in the real version, so I'm not really complaining for now.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.