Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crysis 2 leak

Raapys

Arcane
Ouch, if that's true then this might actually end up being another 'Crysis' when it comes to performance on the highest settings.

I do wonder if they've a better texture pack hidden somewhere in the retail release though.

Raapys

Arcane
Well, I barely played it at all since it's so buggy, but the start of one map had me walking through some sort of sewer system while the next had had me going through some office building stuff and later a parking garage. So from those short minutes I couldn't see any non-linearity. I do think it opens up a bit more later though.

Eww, the field of view is actually set to 55. Can't seem to change it either, since game won't load if I try.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Exmit said:
It's not that Crysis 1 looked better.

There is no giant graphical leap like it was to notice the difference 2001-2006. 2006-2011 is just stagnation in terms of graphic whoring.
The original Crysis did look better though.
Morgoth said:
Download is too slow, so I'm not able to try it.
Anybody played this shit? How big/non-linear are the maps?
Very linear. Seems they took inspiration from the CoD series. Didn't encounter any bugs at all though.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Quilty said:
Yeah, this basically. I didn't know the codex was interested in Crysis, of all the shitty FPS games out there.

Crysis isn't a game - it's a techdemo. Back in '07 it has shown what you can do with fancy shaders and some physics and it looked beautiful.

So naturally we are interested about the same in Crysis 2.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I upgraded my computer awhile ago to about 2008 standards. (4870). I've been playing Doom 3 and it's expansion. Fun stuff in my mind. Mindless, but solid with a bit of exposition and ammo management. Plus good, if not great tension.

I was finally able to play Crysis. Yay! Very High settings (but not extreme) in the 40 FPS range. It looks stunning. Beautiful. And the game was fun to me. I rarely used the suit, played on notch below suicide difficulty and had fun. Perhaps a little too many cutscenes but you can hit the <Esc> key.

Because I liked it so much I bought the Warfare version with Psycho, just because I wanted more. It was a good romp. Short, but as the reviews say, more of the same with a little more action.

I liked all three of them. Not sure which was better but.

There isn't much better, I asked this a while ago. These things seem better because they were the last of the breed. Unless I'm missing something. I have STALKER in my steam pile (the first one) but haven't gotten into it yet so can't judge.

I also, as I was a huge Enemy Territory fan, bought the new Wolfenstien, I'm not sure what they call it but like remakes of new movies I think they just called it Wolfensiten.

It sucks. Compass, (Crysis has it), people guiding you, maps (Crysis has it). Why does the modern Wolf seem like such a peice of shit? I can't drag myself to continue on, I feel ripped off. Dammit.

Anyways, you guys are judging a game by it's pre-alpha pirated copy? Why the fuck don't you wait a year for the patches? Why waste your time. Plus as much as I enjoyed the romp through both Crysis and Warhead (and couldn't finish COD), you know it's going to be a COD.

I think it will be, they told us that a few years ago.

I hope STALKER is okay. I tried MetroXXXX at my dads place and it was pretty, and he's 63 years old. Don't expect much. At all. I think I'm running out of good solid shooters.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Wow looks like Crysis 2 indeed suffered from shitty console hardware.

Polygonal detail is almost on the same level as COD MW. Trees and grass are like something that came from 6 years ago. Granted maybe on max there will be a little more grass. Corridors, corridors, corridors. Obviously the NY setting serves the same purpose - low poly boxes.

The details on characters are also much worse - maybe they think they can counter this with tesselation to bring back what was already there ~4 years ago? But what's the point?

The only thing that make it different from typical console shooter graphics wise - fancy shaders.

Shaders will probably be much better on a max setting, but level detail won't.

Physics also seem to be non-existent apart from a few objects here and there.

See for yourself.

df878a8067a0.jpg

d147771797ff.jpg

90ef8aac52ec.jpg

edd1c661cea1.jpg

As for the gameplay:

Now I don't remember if it was in original Crysis but leaning for humans isn't with us anymore. Instead it's replaced with some console bullshit where you need to come to a corner, look for a message "hold mouse2 to lean" to appear (yes you need to move and search for this sweet spot) and then just move mouse back and force to lean. As you imagine it's absolutely uncomfortable. What the fuck is this shit? Where is my Q and E?

Shooting is also much slower. You dispatch enemies by standing in one place and shooting occassionally moving into cover to regen.

Overall the gameplay feels like a CoD clone.

Raapys

Arcane
Yeah, it's definitely some kind of CoD wannabe.

I was surprised by those screenshots though. Haven't seen any of the vegetation-areas myself yet, but that doesn't look anywhere near the original Crysis.

MetalCraze

Arcane
What's worse is that the city is just a block or two with linear passage through them and other passages are blocked by copy pasted walls - before you enter the next subway or building which are tight corridors too. At times NY looks barely more detailed than its counterpart in GTA4. And GTA4 had an open-ended map.

What's insulting is that there is a quest compass as well. What the fuck? I can easily see where to go - there is only one possible way.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Come on guys, it's not the final version, even though it's pretty close to release. Let's give them a chance. The graphic settings might not all even be available, and a lot of options may be changed...

Yeah, I know it's a beta already.

Exmit

Scholar
taxalot said:
Come on guys, it's not the final version, even though it's pretty close to release. Let's give them a chance. The graphic settings might not all even be available, and a lot of options may be changed...

Are you reterded? A few weeks to release and they will change the whole code ? Because they are so retarded that they didn't know about this by themselves before even starting the work on the game? damn newfags and their bullshit talk. This was deemed to be a failure since they said it will be available on consoles.
They want the muniez serving shit, and consoletards love shit.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Exmit said:
taxalot said:

Are you reterded? A few weeks to release and they will change the whole code ? Because they are so retarded that they didn't know about this by themselves before even starting the work on the game? damn newfags and their bullshit talk. This was deemed to be a failure since they said it will be available on consoles.
Ever thought about that this leaked build is maybe already several months old, dumbshit?

Exmit

Scholar
Morgoth said:
Exmit said:
taxalot said:

Ever thought about that this leaked build is maybe already several months old, dumbshit?

If it is the whole game , apart from not finished stuff like sliding soldiers and unlocked options which are not available now, nothing will change dumbshit.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
CreamyBlood said:
I upgraded my computer awhile ago to about 2008 standards. (4870). I've been playing Doom 3 and it's expansion. Fun stuff in my mind. Mindless, but solid with a bit of exposition and ammo management. Plus good, if not great tension.
Play the dark mod (only with doom 3 installed).

MetalCraze

Arcane
They won't add detail and better textures because that doesn't take a few weeks to do. Judging by the game it's already deep into beta stage because apart from a few things (most of which being the lack of the "press F to watch cutscene" message near the doors) and not counting the locked max shaders it seems to work well.

There is a good thing about Crysis 2 though. The OST was made my Remote Control Productions. Still seems like Zimmer gave them a lower-grade musicians because MW2 had a better music.

Notice how they have 100+ people working on it and it's all linear corridors with turrets instead of AI that just wait for the player to come - when some 12 years ago we had much much less people working on much more "sophisticated" games like Thief. And then retards baaaww about high budget problems.
Fire 3/4 of CryTek that seem to do nothing and make a good game. Why do they need ~10 game designers for linear corridors?

Raapys

Arcane
Morgoth said:
Exmit said:
taxalot said:

This build is from the 13th of january, so basically a month old.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Lawl wonder how assholes will explain that?

For Bioware the excuse was "dlcs were developed when the game was already finished and given to publisher, not cut out!"

Also PS3 is the lowest - no surprise there.

BTW here are some official screenshots of Crysis 2 to compare

http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/crysis_2

So basically max settings add a shitty sepia filter and lots of bloom or something? Because that's the only difference I can see.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What the fuck is with the gigantic interface elements? The minimap and ammo counter take up SO FUCKING MUCH of the screen :retarded:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom