Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crysis 2 leak

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pika-Cthulhu said:
My beef is with the acceptance of stagnation of game design due to consoles. Is it not bad enough that story, art, choice and consequence (yes, RPG elements I know, FPS are fairly simple fare and most do not apply) must be sacrificed upon the altar of easymode streamlined super accessibility, now, a company that previously pushed the envelop enough to have everyone bitch about its system requirements, has jumped on the console bandwagon of making shit for inferior technology used by the casual cattle.

Stagnation of development, and acceptance of how consoles are hampering further advances, all in the name of a fast buck from the lowest most base consumer.

Any concession made to the camp of consoles must be fought tooth and nail, or there will be precious little left for those who abhor the casual shit that is now on offer.

The FPS is lost anyhow. No point bothering to protect that genre. COD, BC and the like have made sure that we will now always face 95% crap regarding FPS. The other 5% will be like always one or 2 devs pissing into the wind, making something different and whether we 'fight the concessions' or not , these games will still be made just as our bunch of a few dozen or hundred losers will have no effect compared to the millions of cunts who will religiously buy COD 17, BC44, or Crysis11.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I actually liked Crysis: Warhead, for some reason. I'm glad I didn't pay for it, given that it was literally about three hours long, but it managed to be a ~cinematic shooter~ that was actually tough, varied and a fucking blast to play.

MapMan

Arcane
Only time will tell what cryengine 3 is capable of. There are some PC only features. Even though crysis 2 seems to be inferior to crysis in many technological aspects, the modders might really show us what can be done with the engine. They will be the real test that will show which engine is better.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
I actually liked Crysis: Warhead, for some reason. I'm glad I didn't pay for it, given that it was literally about three hours long, but it managed to be a ~cinematic shooter~ that was actually tough, varied and a fucking blast to play.

Psycho, al murray in a supersuit.

torpid

Liturgist
So this is what it has come to: discussing a game = arguing over the graphics. I understand y'all want to bash consoles at every turn, but inferior graphics is the least of modern gaming's problems. And of course, who do we find as the chief graphics whore? None other than Skyway, supposed upholder of good gameplay. ffs

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
torpid said:
So this is what it has come to: discussing a game = arguing over the graphics. I understand y'all want to bash consoles at every turn, but inferior graphics is the least of modern gaming's problems. And of course, who do we find as the chief graphics whore? None other than Skyway, supposed upholder of good gameplay. ffs
We're talking about TechDemoGame 2 so graphics obviously will be the main talking point. Like there's anything else to argue about when it comes to TechDemoGame.

baronjohn

Cipher
Hoaxmetal said:
We're talking about TechDemoGame 2 so graphics obviously will be the main talking point. Like there's anything else to argue about when it comes to TechDemoGame.
We're talking about Crysis, not Arma 2.

MetalCraze

Arcane
torpid said:
And of course, who do we find as the chief graphics whore? None other than Skyway, supposed upholder of good gameplay. ffs

But I'm a graphics whore. I even created several threads fapping to Crysis graphics and its TOD mods.

CryTek's "techdemogames" for me were always the way to see what hardware can really do, like Unreal Tournaments before they totally moved to consoles and graphics became shit

Black said:
http://www.destructoid.com/and-you-wonder-why-developers-hate-pc-gamers--193957.phtml

You bad people, you.

What the fuck is this retard on about? I guess pirates broke into EA's beta-testing office and stole beta?

Also lawl what a drama - the moron really believes what publishers excusing their crap say about "piracy killin gaems".

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
MetalCraze said:
What the fuck is this retard on about? I guess pirates broke into EA's beta-testing office and stole beta?

Also lawl what a drama - the moron really believes what publishers excusing their crap say about "piracy killin gaems".

Exactly. I couldn't go past a few sentences it was so full of shit. People will still buy this shit on the PC whether people pirate it or not for the multi which is what anyone actually buys a FPS these days for anyway. Certainly it isn't for the 'awesum' 4 hour corridor shooter single player experience.

Actually fuck it, I'd love for this cunt to be right on this: let FA, Activ Sion, Ubishit, Crybleah and the rest like them take their toys and fuck off to the consoles. it's not like we'd miss anything anyway.

MetalCraze

Arcane
The lulzy part is that they won't. PCs are so evil that they will continue releasing for them. And optimizing for PCs takes much much much more time - and as a result more money - than for the static console hardware. If piracy on PC is so evil and the game would be pirated anyway and won't sell why would they bother to pour millions into PC version?

He just misses the point that releasing for 2 more platforms will get you two more ferraris and that's all there's to it.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
commie said:
Actually fuck it, I'd love for this cunt to be right on this: let FA, Activ Sion, Ubishit, Crybleah and the rest like them take their toys and fuck off to the consoles. it's not like we'd miss anything anyway.
What's really funny is that they've been threatening to take their toys and leave for 8 years now, and EVERY SINGLE TIME they come back to the PC. Did everyone forget JE and ME1 were Xbawks exclusives? Call of Duty became console-exclusive with 3... then came back to PC. Bad Company is console-exclusive... but 2 is on PC. And so on.

denizsi

Arcane
It was obvious from pre-release gameplay videos that it would be a shitty corridor shooter.

Is there multiplayer in the beta? I loved Power Struggle in Crysis. I'd buy the game if only for good MP, which is doubtful for Crysis 2, though.

Call the Russians and tell them to make an densely urban STALKER that employs every level of every building.

Drakron

Arcane
Sceptic said:
Did everyone forget JE and ME1 were Xbawks exclusives?

They were Microsoft published and first party titles are usually exclusive.

JE PC was not published by MS but by 2k, as EA happened in ME1 case and if you want to talk about exclusives I have a VERY long list of Sony and Nintendo published games that are platform exclusive, its just Microsoft have not many issues with cross Xbox/PC plataform.

racofer

Thread Incliner
http://www.ea.com/crysis-2/blog/crysis-leak

• Crytek has been alerted that an early incomplete, unfinished build of Crysis 2 has appeared on Torrent sites. Crytek and EA are deeply disappointed by the news. We encourage fans to support the game and the development team by waiting and purchasing the final, polished game on March 22. Crysis 2 is still in development and promises to be the ultimate action blockbuster as the series’ signature Nanosuit lets you be the weapon as you defend NYC from an alien invasion. Piracy continues to damage the PC packaged goods market and the PC development community.

:lol:

So they will continue to polish their turd, what an exciting news!!

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
So once again the expectations of shitty turd were proven correct. And some people still whine about "just wait and see, it could be good, you can't judge beforehand!"

Black

Arcane
Quick, someone write an email to mr Sterling about how console users are DESTROYING the industry because they hired ninjas to leak another generic console shooter 3.
Oh yeah, edit

http://www.destructoid.com/oh-yeah-so-k ... 3975.phtml

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I just love the smell of a good shitstorm.

We should hire some Lithuanian hitmen to leak AoD.

MetalCraze

Arcane
You cannot leak vapourware

Also lol at butthurt about overrated console shooters being pirated. As if something of value will be lost.

Why do those retards never cry about other games but console shooters being pirated?

chzr

Scholar
Of course, you can argue this "won't damage its sale" because it is Killzone, but that's the point. Big-name sequels are about the only things that publishers want to put out now, because they can survive crap like this. Welcome to the industry that we all helped create.

:M

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Time for Tinfoil hat!

As for the Crysis 2 leak, I propose that it was a deliberate leak to PC market to show how piss poor the the game is, and to future proof any justification of poor sales due to "piracy". Simply put, Consoles hamstrung development, forced them to make a shitty corridor shooter, and now they fear the backlash from PC market. By leaking this shitty console port to potential PC market before a Demo is available, they sour the entire market with their obvious port is obvious, and can claim piracy for shitty PC sales.

Wouldnt put it past EA.

/tinfoil

Suchy

Arcane
8423-jimbolajpg-avatar.jpg

This needs to be an emote.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom