Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crysis 2 leak

torpid

Liturgist
I'm glad I don't read gaming sites -- that destructoid article on the killzone leak is :retarded:

And the comments...

This is pathetic. You can pirate PC or xbox games i don't care. But when PS3 titles like Killzone 3 gets pirated, it pisses me off. Now i really hope Sony catches all the hackers, pirates and its supporters and throw them in prison.

PS3 GAMING IS DYING ALL PS3 GAMERS ARE SHITHEADS SONY SHOULD PUT KILLZONE 3 ON THE 360 AND FORGET THE PS3 PS3 GAMERS SHOULD NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT FIRMWARE UPDATES

PS3 owners only have themselves to blame. Time to stop supporting the PS3 guys. The only viable platform to make games for any more is Onlive.

I swear to god. If you motherfuckers ruin my Killzone experience I will fuck your shit up so fucking bad.

wzamNytXvi07470g63yvjwWeo1_250.jpg

criminals gonna crime

Thankfully some incline occurs when a poster named "ArxPirate" with a Johnny Depp as a pirate avatar appears --

Haha, love seeing bitches get their panties in a bunch.
Way to advertise the leak too, awesome job there.

-- followed by:

23ue6n4.jpg

:smug:

Multi-headed Cow

Tried the MP demo of this on Steam. Holy hell. I even like CoD popamole MP, but this is a poor example of it.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS LOLOLLOL AT THE CONSOLETARDS DOWNLOADING THIS SHIT AND COMPLAINING THAT IT IS SHIT

BROS TAKE THIS EXAMPLE LETS SAY SKYWAY TOOK A BITE OF A PEACE OF DOG SHIT THE MOTHERFUCKER WOULD COMPLAIN THAT IT TASTED LIKE SHIT

BROS IF YOU DONT LIKE DOGSHIT DONT EAT IT BROS ARE REALLY HAVING TROUBLE WITH BASIC LIFE ISSUES DID YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE MAD THAT YOUR SHOES ARE UNTIED THAT YOU CAN TIE THEM LOLLOLLOLLOL BROS

baronjohn

Cipher
Morgoth said:
Okay, finally managed to play a match or two.

For a DX9 game it looks pretty good, but Jesus Crytek, the game plays like Turd of Duty. :decline:

I guess you could say that... Crytek are having a Crysis :smug:

Morgoth said:
For a DX9 game it looks pretty good

Crysis 1 is a DX9 game ant it looks way better than any other game I've seen. Thus you shouldn't say "for a DX9 game". I played a bit of MP demo today, it looked pretty ugly and very blurry, FOV was still shit with weapon taking almost third of a screen and gameplay seemed very boring. Hope SP is at least somewhat better.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Crysis 1 didn't really look better. It was green poo everywhere.

Granted, the Crysis 2 textures in the demo seem to be lower res, but the HDR and special FX looks better.

It's still a fucking travesty the game doesn't ship with DX10/11 support.

Raapys

Arcane
Morgoth said:
Crysis 1 didn't really look better. It was green poo everywhere.

Granted, the Crysis 2 textures in the demo seem to be lower res, but the HDR and special FX looks better.

It's still a fucking travesty the game doesn't ship with DX10/11 support.
Crysis 1 definitely looked better to me. Far longer view distance( in Crysis 2 it's like 50meters), more polygons, better textures, better trees, etc. All the game-art has suffered with the console-transition, and thus Crysis 2 needs all the bloom and blur it can get to try and cover it up.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
So is this game at all fun? I enjoyed a couple of Crysis levels, mainly the ones where you could just play Predator in a large open area scaring the shit out of Koreans, but I haven't bothered looking up much on this one since I found out it was going console.

Relay

Educated
The multiplayer demo is a fucking piece of Call of Crysis shit. It's a fucking COD copycat with a nanosuit twist. The "skyline" map is one of the most retarded FPS map to grace my computer, there is not a single place on the map where you can't be shot from the back, there is no thinking involved the game is about ADHD ridden kids running around aimlessly. They took all the stupid stuff from CoD (map design, killstreak, overall gameplay feeling) and just added the nanonsuit powers on top. If I wanted CoD I would buy CoD not CoC.

Most of the suit powers are useless if you play against smart enough players which makes the game just a CoD copycat since the suit is what makes the difference. Invisibility doesn't last long enough to be useful if you are pitted against people who know about the nanovision (most of my kills involved people who THOUGHT they were invisible but ignored NV), armor slows you down and makes you a dead weight (and it doesn't protect you long enough to save you if you get hit from the back, while running MAY help you take cover), sliding on the ground is just plain retarded.

Tycn

Savant
Admiral jimbob said:
So is this game at all fun? I enjoyed a couple of Crysis levels, mainly the ones where you could just play Predator in a large open area scaring the shit out of Koreans, but I haven't bothered looking up much on this one since I found out it was going console.
Don't bother. That is exactly what you won't find.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Morgoth said:
Not even a High-End PC could render this in realtime.

Maybe in 5 years though.

Why not? PC is as powerful as you want it to be. Even if it takes several top-tier graphic cards and processors.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Morgoth said:
It's not like they can make a profit ny selling games that look that good. This presentation was therefor quite pointless.

They can make profit selling the engine and to sell it they need to make it look better than competition.

MetalCraze

Arcane
And that's exactly why they use CGI, considering how desperate they are to sell an engine nobody ever wanted

Epic even went as far as using CGI to show fake UT3 - in CGI it looked like a step forward while in reality 2 years later it looked like shit. But who cares? Epic already sold shitton of licenses

They also used CGI to show "UE 3.997" a week ago

Sony used CGI to make bullshit gameplay videos for PS3 E3 presentation back in 2005 where graphics looked lightyears ahead - and then PS3 turned out to be much weaker even than XBox360

It's a common practice

Relay

Educated
MetalCraze said:
And that's exactly why they use CGI, considering how desperate they are to sell an engine nobody ever wanted

Epic even went as far as using CGI to show fake UT3 - in CGI it looked like a step forward while in reality 2 years later it looked like shit. But who cares? Epic already sold shitton of licenses

They also used CGI to show "UE 3.997" a week ago

Sony used CGI to make bullshit gameplay videos for PS3 E3 presentation back in 2005 where graphics looked lightyears ahead - and then PS3 turned out to be much weaker even than XBox360

It's a common practice

Sony did this for the PS2 too, with even bigger bullshit than for the PS3 when you consider the gap between the CGI then and the PS2 shitty graphics. Remember the marketing around their stupid "emotion engine" ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom