Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crysis 3

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
So I finished this game.

I cannot for the life of mine understand why anyone would say this is a "bad" game. It's certainly as good as the original Crysis. You have HUGE levels (after the first level which is basically tutorial) for sandbox play. Besides being unable to throw chickens to kill North Koreans, I cannot see any difference in terms of gameplay quality between Crysis 1 and 3.

The general combat is a million times more fun than DX:HR, which has a equally if not more retarded plot, plus some half-hearted Mass Effect-style dialogue options. And yet people praise that game.

Heck this game even beats Far Cry 3 for sandbox play. Turn up the difficulty to Post-Human and let the great AI butcher you if you want a genuine challenge. I'd even say the sandbox gameplay is as good as STALKER.

Crysis 3 is INCLINE amidst all the declines. Those who say the game is "boring," is it possible that you're only using the bow? The bow is OP but you don't HAVE TO use it.

And the game is NOT 6 hours long as rumor claims. The in-game stats does not take into account of re-try. With retry on higher difficulty levels, it took me around ten hours to beat the game.

I'm really interested in what people want out of a sandbox game. Crysis 3 and 1 are one of the best sandbox game this generation. Certainly worth paying for if the price drops to $20 IMO.

Divinity: Original Sin
Arrows are overpowered. I was dying a lot while using a DSG to kill ceph aliens, because I forgot about the bow. Then I remember i have this super bow, cloaked, and wiped them out easily. The bow is completely unbalanced: you hit anywhere and it's instant kill.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I cannot for the life of mine understand why anyone would say this is a "bad" game.

I haven't played it, but I would assume the greater linearity of Crysis 2 has turned people against 3 without really thinking about it. It's a shame because even 2 was a hell of a lot better than other modern shooters, but people are picky and emotional about this shit, especially here.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Arrows are overpowered. I was dying a lot while using a DSG to kill ceph aliens, because I forgot about the bow. Then I remember i have this super bow, cloaked, and wiped them out easily. The bow is completely unbalanced: you hit anywhere and it's instant kill.

The bow is like a cheat code. Don't use it and the game would become very interesting and challenging.

Sodafish

Arcane
olddude.jpg

Lance Henriksson? :lol:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Just look at that clipping on his jacket collar, and what's up with the blurring around his hairline? Urgh, next-gen graphics fucking suck. And people think this game looks good? Final Fantasy VII looked better than this, and most of that game was 2D!

What's next. The tire textures are bad? ;)

If you run an uncensor mod you can see that the phallus and scrotum textures and modelling are very poorly done. Crytek should be ashamed to let people see such poor work in their games.

Modders will fix it though. Oh boy will modders fix it. Not just on the men.

Gord

Arcane
Just look at that clipping on his jacket collar, and what's up with the blurring around his hairline? Urgh, next-gen graphics fucking suck. And people think this game looks good? Final Fantasy VII looked better than this, and most of that game was 2D!

Don't even get me started on the waxy skin, or the fucking low-res texture they used on the cell-phone thing on his shoulder. And what douche is wearing a collared vest above a collared shirt? Decline!

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate

Not sure if serious.

The face is circa-2003-Hollywood-CGI-level good. I'd even say this looks better than Hulk (2003) and Final Fantasy Spirit Within (2001).

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'm very surprised to say this, but the game is actually pretty good. Using all fo th enanosuit powers is a lot more handy and smooth. There are actually some open-ish environments in the missions and the checkpoints don't seem to be placed as idiotically as before. The visuals seem the same as in the last game. It's hard to decide how good they actually are though, due to the tons of motion blur this game floods you with.

As far as gameplay goes, playing the predator is pretty much the only effective way of getting rid of dudes. Armor mode doesn't last more than a couple of seconds on the highest difficulty and I have no clue what happened to the superspeed one. The bow is awesome, but pretty obviously overpowered.

All in all not a bad try from Crytek this time around.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
In the game's story he is infected with alien mind control.

Aliens that are hellbent on destroying earth. An evil human corporation opposing the protagonist. Alien mind control.

Why does this sound so familiar?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom