Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crysis 4

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well as far as job postings go this seems like a singleplayer game. Maybe additional co-op or multiplayer mode, looking at some mention of multiplayer experience as 'good to have' (not 'required') in a few postings.

SlamDunk

Arcane
https://twitter.com/bookpunks

Nicolette Stewart said:
Lead Narrative Designer @crytek, singer-songwriter Port Sulphur Band. Reading, writing, music, games. Opinions mine. She/her.
GtauA9H.gif

Last edited:

Hobknobling

Learned
https://twitter.com/bookpunks

Nicolette Stewart said:
Lead Narrative Designer @crytek, singer-songwriter Port Sulphur Band. Reading, writing, music, games. Opinions mine. She/her.

Also apparently in charge of hiring writers:

"Your cover letter is your first writing sample. No, do not turn it into a creative writing slash performance art piece. Think of its purpose. Ie, convincing me I should continue on to read your resume & writing samples."
What an absolutely terrible principle to have. Dismissing applicants based on cover letters is fucking stupid and instantly tells me so much about this person's own work history and understanding of the craft.

It is true that nobody cares about "Crysis narrative", but jobs like these used to be entry points for future game designers. Now you have these parasites clogging up the system and hiring other zero-skill people just like them. It's a big problem.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Inb4 it still won't look as good as the first game from 2006 because muh consolez.
It's much more about art direction and style. That's what the original Crysis got absolutely right and why it was, and still is, very pleasing to the eye. Crysis 2 and 3 are not nearly as good in that department.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom