Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Crysis Remastered

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by DJOGamer PT, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Kainan Educated

Kainan
    Actually only snipers on towers can see and hit you from afar, which makes sense?
    And when you snipe they actually do take cover, which even the press praised at the time. They even lie down.

Crysis AI cant even lie down. I cant be 100% sure as i did saw it once but it looked like a glitch. FC AI lies down in tall grass which is the most effective tactic i saw in a game. THere is even a mod that makes them do it more often. Of course Crysis doesnt even have grass tall enough for that to be effective which is lame.

As for flanking they do it in FC and more importantly they never group together, like they have that coded. What you must have seen in Crysis is when two soldiers collide and fall down which is just retarded and would be better if they were coded like in FC to never be closer than a couple of meters to one another.

Level design in FC supports both stealth and action with not just randomly sprinkled bushes but thoughtfully placed around. Crysis isnt bad but its worse as its stealth is just invisibility so there is no need to think about placement in a level.

FC has better implemented aim down that gradually zooms in and to the side, like in FEAR. Crysis has instant CoD style center zoom. Which is more popamole? To be fair Crysis at least has an option to turn off crosshair and on Delta difficulty its default.

They maybe look goofy but they have actual abilities ingame, like higher jumping and strength which combined with the environment can fuck you up in unexpected ways thus making them scary. There are several types of them and even invisible ones that can only be seen with heat vision.

Crysis has two types of aliens: the small flying squids and big ones, which is basically just one type the entire game. This is the most disappointing thing! They shoot some kind of pathetic rays that freeze you(?) which is supposed to be better than bullets but is just lame. Yes it would be goofy if they had grenade launchers like in FC but then they would pose some challenge at least.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. AW8 Arcane

AW8
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    You're absolutely right! I just watched the first fight against the Hunters, I could have sworn the music just kept playing after they all died but I had apparently mixed it up with previous games.

When you shoot at them from a long enough distance that they can't fully pinpoint you, they do this weird 1 second prone animation before getting up again. The enemies are capable of crawling, their AI just won't let them do it in combat for more than a second for whatever reason.

I thought about this recently, it is a bit lame. All this physicalized vegetation, but the grass is only ever ankle-high. I'd love to recreate the Velociraptor scene from The Lost World: Jurassic Park and eat some Korean food.

On the second level of Crysis, the level designer has accidentally made two patrols go in opposite directions in a very narrow stream. Sometimes two guys collide and fall down, and since the knee deep water is deep enough to submerge them fully, both immediately die. :lol:

Crysis AI works well in open areas, but gets increasingly worse in tight spaces and (god forbid) interiors.

Actually, you need safe places (like bushes) to hide in while recharging your energy between cloaked movements. Official levels usually have chokepoints that are hard to sneak past without being spotted, while user-created maps often accidentally put safe spaces everywhere, making ghosting trivial.

The aliens in Crysis, and the second half of the game in general, are pretty lame. Apart from the instakill lunge attack the small aliens are capable of, they aren't very strong and are actually easier to fight than the Koreans. A Korean helicopter will absolutely murder you if you're out in the open, while the big flying aliens can't even hit you as long as you keep moving.

^ Top  
  3. SlamDunk Arcane

SlamDunk
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Editing a week old post with news is a bit weird.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. anvi Cipher Village Idiot

anvi
    Beautiful Shit Remastered - Coming September

• meh meh x 1
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    • quality shit quality shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    I played the Mafia 2 remaster recently and it did the same thing with pumping up the color saturation. It's not like they couldn't have done that back then, I wonder what the drive is there. Lighting looks promising though, we'll see. The fact it's offering DLSS tells me it's going to be a demanding game (again).

• Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. passerby Liturgist

passerby
    To make it look different for the sake of looking different, if the original was oversaturated, they'd desaturate it.

A hilarious example of this I saw on Observer redux trailer recently, they had before/after comparisons from like a dosen locations.
    The ones that didint had much fog before, got a thic fog, while the ones with thic fog in the original had the fog toned down, or removed.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Wonder if this will be the fabled "definitely better than the original" remaster we've never had before.

^ Top  
  10. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard

This is the only good thing that came out of Crysis.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • nice x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Kainan Educated

Kainan
    Never much liked Crysis water effects. Even some older games had better water.

^ Top  
  12. Kainan Educated

Kainan
    Why did they change the "sunrise" scene, now its almost noon time? They say themselves its the most famous scene and then they change it completely so that you cant see the actual sunrise.

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Doktor Best Arcane

Doktor Best
    Why remaster a tech demo?

• Agree x 3
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    Maybe Raytracing doesn't work in the dark. :P

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. JDR13 Prophet

JDR13
    Well the remaster definitely has better water effects at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Kainan Educated

Kainan
    I dont know, it looks plasticky still. Risen 1 had better looking sea. Even though i dont think it had reflections.

^ Top  
  17. Multidirectional Arcane

Multidirectional
    I prefer how ocean looks in original, it looks too clean and reflective in remaster.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    ^ Top  
  18. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Watching that video again at 4k on my monitor, it's amazing how some of the textures look worse. Over a decade later, and some look worse. That's the limited memory of the consoles for you I guess, but Christ...

• Despair Despair x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Yeah, completely flat ocean, so much better.
    Fucking cretin.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. JDR13 Prophet

JDR13

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  21. AW8 Arcane

AW8
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    He accidentally says "sunset scene" instead of sunrise, that should have been the only funny thing about that part.

FFS, there's even a cinematic vinjette saying FIRST LIGHT when it's bright daytime. How do you fuck that up?

^ Top  
  22. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Let's be honest here, they are just making this so the "yeah but will it run Crysis?" meme can go on.

• Yes x 4
    • Brofist x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Gerrard Arcane

Gerrard
    What's even more amazing is that more than a decade later people still think Crysis had somehow impressive textures for anything but the characters.

^ Top  
  24. Feyd Rautha Cipher Patron

Feyd Rautha
    Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Why didn't they wait with this until the next-gen consoles are out? Then they could have done something more with the remaster

^ Top  
  25. ropulos Cipher

ropulos
    So they can sell you another remaster in 2025

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.