Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Curious Expedition - The roguelike expedition simulation set in the 19th century

Lycra Suit

Prophet
Possibly Retarded
At best you will squeeze 6 hours into this game if you really try everything. But it will be boring before that. I would not recommend it looks more like an experiment to get into the industry than a real game.

ColCol

Arcane
Ha, funny given how hard the developers tried to make the Game appeal to the communities killscreen serves.

sser

Arcane
Developer
ss_0b9bba6f9f47cc9d397da705e4d9313cc381dd97.jpg

Truly the heart of darkness.

specializing in Victorian literature and its animal representations

Pretty much explains it.

Gord

Arcane
:necro:

Seems this game got a free expansion ("Arctic expanse") or something?

Anything new to report?

PanteraNera

Arcane
Looking forward to getting the full game for $1 on humble. Not a $15 game.
Can second that.

It is kinda sad, it is a nice little gem, an art piece, but not much of an "game".
Hard to describe it really.

Lagi

Savant
I try the "demo" and I enjoy it a lot. So much that I buy it. I like that most of items are consumables.

What type of genre are such games? [like FTL, Convoy, Sunless sea]

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg

Judging from reviews, curious expedition 2 is quite difficult even in its easiest difficulty setting. A run is also longer now, though you can choose from various options in case you die like restart curent expeditions or wipe the whole year or true permadeath. Additionally, there is a Campaign Mode, which has an overarching plot, contains a mix of story missions and randomized expeditions. Most of all, the game doesn’t aim to address or correct colonial attitudes. It simply places you in this era and gives you moral freedom.

I don't get why fellow codexers don't talk about this game more, many of its strong points look incline to me: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1751920/Curious_Expedition_2__Shores_of_Taishi/

Shores of Taishi DLC is out now!
Featuring a brand new island type with new tile types, items, locations, enemies, recruitable characters and more.

Dear Explorers,

The Shores of Taishi DLC is available now!

Featuring a brand new island type (the Celestial Shores) with new tile types, items, locations, enemies and recruitable characters such as Red Panda, Tanuki, Ghost Catcher and the Peacock tribe. Once the DLC is activated it will expand possibilities across the entire game, both in Campaign Mode and Director Mode.

Watch the launch trailer to get a feeling of what to expect:

To celebrate the launch of the DLC the entire Curious Expedition 2 catalogue is discounted and we have a special peacock hat as a reward for this week's Club Competition:

8f5de69f6cc6d91ab181b1d05b96e8f8f8e00e1f.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom