Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Custom CSS user improvements for nu-Dex

racofer

Thread Incliner
Wider alerts menu.
CSS:
/* Wider alerts menu */
.menu.menu--structural.menu--right {
    width: 30%;
}

vq7RUhJ.png

Unwanted

†††

Patron
For the ones that prefer left-aligned user info/avatar like in the old forum:

CSS:
/* username and title on the left */

.message-name {
    text-align: left;
}

.message-userTitle {
}

/* avatars on the left */
.message-avatar {
}

Screenshot from 2022-06-22 00-05-38.png
Screenshot from 2022-06-22 00-04-54.png

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I don't know how to use this I even installed several javascript injector add-ons and it does nothing
Just add a handler to the hover event doing $(".actionBar .sv-rating-type__text").click().
Wider alerts menu.
CSS:
/* Wider alerts menu */
.menu.menu--structural.menu--right {
    width: 30%;
}
Real nice. I enabled this globally for the desktop/landscape layout.

Last edited:
Unwanted

†††

Patron
Just add a handler to the hover event doing $(".actionBar .sv-rating-type__text").click().
This is really erratic, the hover works 1/10 of the time, and for some reason it brofisted every message on the page I was testing it without me clicking on anything.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
This is really erratic, the hover works 1/10 of the time, and for some reason it brofisted every message on the page I was testing it without me clicking on anything.
JavaScript:
for (const x of $(".sv-rate-menu--type-tooltip")) {
    $(x).on("mouseenter", function() {
        if (x.innerText == "Brofist")
            $(".actionBar-action--sv-rate", x).click();
})}

The only problem is that it's instant, but let's leave that as an exercise to the reader.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Only thing missing is to make the box auto-disappear in case you move the pointer away from the box without rating, right now it stays permanently unless you click outside or press ESC. But I'm a shitter with zero knowledge of programming so this is the best I can aspire to in this moment :despair:

Thanks for the help nonetheless.

EDIT: also hovering twice = auto-brofist. I'm leaving this disabled because it's gonna cause trouble.

spekkio

Arcane
Is there any way to hide the "last profile post" section? As far as I can tell, there are no dedicated css classes for it, so you cannot just hide it without massive splash damage.
Yes, you can block it explicitly with the path to the div element, like this:
CSS:
.p-body-sidebar .block:nth-child(5) {
    display: none;
}

If at some point the ordering changes in the sidebar, then you have to fix it for the new ordering.

For Ublock users, adding these filters:

Code:
! https://rpgcodex.net
rpgcodex.net###siropuChat
rpgcodex.net##.p-body-sidebar .block:nth-child(4)
rpgcodex.net##.p-body-sidebar .block:nth-child(6)

Nukes shitbox, latest posts & latest profile posts. Add less / more children if necessary.

Screenshot zoomed-out AF:

4ITljXs.png

Thanks for this, racofer!

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Try this instead.
CSS:
div.block[data-widget-key="forum_overview_new_profile_posts"] {
}

spekkio

Arcane
Try this instead.
CSS:
}
This. Using racofer's / mine solution either via Stylus or Ublock is actually a bad idea, since "children's" numbers change depending on how many of them are visible. So, if "staff online" is visible, other children below get #3, 4, 5, etc. But when no gestapho is online, they get higher numbers (#2, 3, 4, etc).

:rage:

So, if you want to nuke "New posts" and "New profile posts" to avoid random guro showing up on the main page, use this style in Stylus:

Code:
}

div.block[data-widget-key="forum_overview_new_posts"] {
}

Props go to Twiglard

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Why not something this, but forced for everyone:
CSS:
div.block[data-widget-key="forum_overview_new_profile_posts"] .contentRow-main .contentRow-faderContainer img {
}

Post a profile image and see whether it matches anything.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
FYI, I've been adding smaller improvements in the original post so don't forget to check them out, as well as changing some stuff that got broken with recent updates by Twig.

This is how peak 'dex looks like:

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
ropulos Are you going to fix the stretched out Codex troll on the top left? I love the script you wrote and it would be great to keep using it without that little imperfection.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
ropulos Are you going to fix the stretched out Codex troll on the top left? I love the script you wrote and it would be great to keep using it without that little imperfection.
...works on my machine, not sure what you mean. Try making a screenshot.

Remove this or set it to its original 135px to see if it fixes your problem:

CSS:
.codexTroll {
    width: 100px;
}

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
...works on my machine, not sure what you mean. Try making a screenshot.

Remove this or set it to its original 135px to see if it fixes your problem:

CSS:
.codexTroll {
    width: 100px;
}
1658021725750.png

It looks super compressed like this. I tried pasting the code that you put in but it didn't change anything.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
It looks super compressed like this. I tried pasting the code that you put in but it didn't change anything.
No, you should have the code in your CSS already so what you did was duplicating it and therefore it did nothing. This code was to make the troll smaller but something got broken with recent updates, I'll amend it. What you need to do is to look in Stylus for that nugget of code and delete it, it should work and look like it was before.

If you don't want to delete it for some reason, look for it and change it to this:

CSS:
.codexTroll {
    width: 135px; /* this is original size, adjust to your tastes */
    height: auto;
}

The height setting should fix the weird stretching issues, and then you can adjust the width to your desired size.

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Your work is much appreciated, and I prefer the new Codex with your improvements to the old Codex. Thank you mate!

Unwanted

†††

Patron
If you've finally had it with DU's stupid obsession with adding the most stupid and horrible looking buttons possible, you can do this:

CSS:
/* bye bye ratings */

.sv-rating-type--inline {
}

ul.sv-rating-bar__ratings {
}

However you will still be notified of reactions received unless you deactivate all button alerts.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
††† Hey the custom background that was in the Stylus you made has suddenly disappeared? Any way to fix it?

EDIT: It's down because the image you're using is down. Did you by chance save a copy of it? I could upload it to a different image sharing website.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom