Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Cyber Knights: Flashpoint - the latest tactical RPG from Trese Brothers - now available on Early Access

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tresebrothers/cyber-knights

http://www.tresebrothers.com/cyberknights.html

9990c4a640e4accb6c03fed6f39ff138_original.gif
89ddd8ad4198e8378d1fdfb972951043_original.gif

Original post:

They've also posted a few concept arts on patreon, but only for backers.

Last edited by a moderator:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
LoYMEzKh.jpg

Screenshot_20190831-125902.jpg

It looks like a mobile game, and considering it's by mobile game developers I'm not convinced it will be of prestigious quality.
It's true all their games are on mobile. But this one is going to be PC-first, like Star traders, their previous game. And Star traders and Templar Battleforce were both good.

Last edited:

almondblight

Arcane
I tried a bit of the first one (the one pictured above). It seemed to be pretty heavily inspired by the Genesis Shadowrun (with better combat). Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the game that people in the Shadowrun threads keep hoping people would make.

The Codex didn't do a great job covering Templar Battleforce or Star Traders Frontiers. Hopefully this game gets some attention in between the flurry of Obsidian and InXile newsposts.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Trese Bros are one of my favorite devs currently. Templar Battleforce was one of the best tactical games I have ever played and Star Traders is a very addicting roguelite space-sandbox and probably in my top five games for the lonely island.

In addition, I always love me some cyberpunk. So once this goes live on KS I'll definitely throw some money at them.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Gather your mercs, clean the weapons, level with your fixer -- Cyber Knights is coming!

Sign up now to get the first alert for the KickStarter, to make sure don't miss this Alpha, and score those sweet day one rewards.

Cyber Knights is coming to KickStarter in February of 2020. Help us create turn-based tactics game with deep shooter sensibilities, heist-list missions and an evolving cyberpunk world -- get the call, Knight!

ntonystinson

Scholar
I played it on Android. Really nice with the free roam gameplay, heat level, relationships with different factions and the dynamic changing world. I was always surprised they(Trese Brothers) didn't seem to pay it as much attention as they did to Star Traders

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played it on Android. Really nice with the free roam gameplay, heat level, relationships with different factions and the dynamic changing world. I was always surprised they(Trese Brothers) didn't seem to pay it as much attention as they did to Star Traders

It's not the same game. They're looking for a subtitle for this one to differentiate it, like how there's a Star Traders RPG on Android and the more PC-centric Star Traders: Frontiers.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Corey said on a stream that it won't be very structurally similar to STFs open sandbox and also different from the prequel because with the graphics they are going for they don't have the capabilities to do a full Boston to free roam. If I understood him correctly, it will be primarily mission based but the missions will arise organically from the people you hire, or something. I think it will be similar in that sense to the smaller story vignettes they have in STF.

Edit: On a different note, he also said that the missions are not 'kill all enemies' TB combat missions and that there will be many way to solve different kinds of objectives. Sounds bredy fucking gud so far.

Last edited:

Morkar Left

Corey said on a stream that it won't be very structurally similar to STFs open sandbox and also different from the prequel because with the graphics they are going for they don't have the capabilities to do a full Boston to free roam. If I understood him correctly, it will be primarily mission based but the missions will arise organically from the people you hire, or something. I think it will be similar in that sense to the smaller story vignettes they have in STF.

Edit: On a different note, he also said that the missions are not 'kill all enemies' TB combat missions and that there will be many way to solve different kinds of objectives. Sounds bredy fucking gud so far.

I hope he meant "not sandbox" in the style of a free-roaming city. The rest is hopefully sandbox besides the obvious storyline missions (other missions, other people, relationships, traits etc.) with non-linear gameplay. Otherwise I would be a bit dissappointed tbh.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Picture isn't new, but "complex, heist-style missions" implies missions that are structured complete objectives & evac -style rather than kill 'em all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom