Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Cyber Knights: Flashpoint - the latest tactical RPG from Trese Brothers - now available on Early Access

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Picture isn't new, but "complex, heist-style missions" implies missions that are structured complete objectives & evac -style rather than kill 'em all
Can steal freely once you kill 'em all. :M
That doesn't really work if game spams overwhelming reinforcements for enemy.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Trese brothers are pretty legit. I'm expecting a lot more cyberpunk RPGs through next year hoping to capitalize on the new popularity. Not gonna complain, love me some cyberpunk.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

This is starting to sound way too big project for 2 man team.

Perhaps they'll outsource the art? I though it's what they did for their previous game, star traders.

Unrelated
2da7b608686508543063c71a2ca8aaae0de34dc3.jpg

Morkar Left

Pretty sure 3d art is outsourced. But I expect a lot of additional challenges on the route with 3d. With 2d they had already their own working engines tried and proofed. Here I guess is a lot from scratch work to be done. Not too happy with 3d because I think it complcates things and maybe slows down gameplay (or better the click-responsiveness) down. But we will see. Wouldn't have expected it tbh.

Jinn

Arcane
I think I remember reading this somewhere, but does Cyber Knights take place in the same universe as Space Traders?

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Looking forward to this. Who knows? Might even end up trumping Cyberpunk 2077. The one addition that would make it perfect for me is a first-rate combat system for fighting AI in a coolly implemented cyberspace. I think my happiest early gaming memories was defeating the corporate AI guardians in Interplay's Neuromancer and figuring out which software and chip implants to use.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think I remember reading this somewhere, but does Cyber Knights take place in the same universe as Space Traders?

No, CyberKnights is futuristic earth.

Their other IPs are Heroes of Steel and then you have Star Traders as the setting for the 4x game, Templar Battleforce and Frontiers.

Last edited:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!

Their ither IPs are Heroes of Steel and then you have Star Traders as the setting for the 4x game, Templar Battleforce and Frontiers.

Wouldn't be surprised if Geedubs approached the Trese bros to work on a WH game.

Codex Year of the Donut

Their ither IPs are Heroes of Steel and then you have Star Traders as the setting for the 4x game, Templar Battleforce and Frontiers.
They've published a lore book on the Star Traders universe, btw: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/ste...ontiers_Lore_Book_-_Volume_1.pdf?t=1523808473

Wouldn't be surprised if Geedubs approached the Trese bros to work on a WH game.
Templar Battleforce is one of the best totally-not-40K games available. The screenshots on their store page don't do it justice, it's really good with a lot of customization for units.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

GW doesn't seem to approach anyone for their licenses; they'll just sell those.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut

GW doesn't seem approach anyone for their licenses; they'll just sell those.
And it's not exactly a winning strategy. A lot of really crappy games have been published using their IP, I have essentially zero interest in buying a warhammer-related game until it has been out for a while and has plenty of user reviews.

Darkzone

Arcane
They post a mesh that looks like a generic low-poly female and male with some none-saying preview art , a shit weapon, and generic level design and you get all your hopes up.... I can make such shit within 7 days and even with better textures for the weapon and i'm not even an artist.
What the fuck is wrong with you?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom