Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Cyberpunk 2077 delayed to September 17th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; Cyberpunk 2077

CD Projekt announced today that like The Witcher 3 before it, Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed. Its new release date is September 17th. Hopefully unlike The Witcher 3 it won't be delayed again. Here's the announcement:

We have important news regarding Cyberpunk 2077’s release date we’d like to share with you today.

Cyberpunk 2077 won’t make the April release window and we’re moving the launch date to September 17, 2020.

We are currently at a stage where the game is complete and playable, but there’s still work to be done. Night City is massive—full of stories, content and places to visit, but due to the sheer scale and complexity of it all, we need more time to finish playtesting, fixing and polishing. We want Cyberpunk 2077 to be our crowning achievement for this generation and postponing the launch will give us the precious months we need to make the game perfect.

Expect more regular update on progress as we get closer to the new release date.

We’re really looking forward to seeing you in Night City, thank you for your ongoing support!​

I feel bad for all the games that were intentionally delayed to later this year to avoid colliding with this. At least this means we get another hyped up E3 gameplay demo.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This means that nvidia will have plenty of time to release the RTX3080 before September, so that we might actually have hardware to play CP2077 in it's full ray-traced glory on release! :bounce:

Alphons

Cipher
A very interesting date to release a game
YE8tPXl.png

Naraya

Arcane
Infinitron

Hmm, they don't simply say the game is playable. I received an email that literally says:
Gra jest kompletna i można ją przejść od początku do końca.

Which I would translate to:
The game is complete and fully playable from start to end.

It's a subtle but rather significant and important difference.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm on board with companies taking a financial hit in the short term in order to fix problems and deliver a quality game. As long as this isn't a sign of it being in development hell. I've seen too many games pushed out incomplete with promises of future patches, or even worse with DLCs being sold that were obviously supposed to be part of the original game.

Skdursh

Savant
"Petty Officer RPGCodex!"

"Yes, Captain?"

"Ready the autism cannon with spastic death threats and take direct aim at the official CDProjekt Red Twitter account!"

"Aye, Captain!"

"FIRE!"

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WTF FUCK U LIAR YOU LIED BROKEN PROMISE LIAR I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FRUM U EVER AGAIN BOYCOTT CDPR THEY ARE RACIST HOMOPHOBE JEW HATERS #NOTMYCYBERPUNK

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I'm totally ok with this. Just please give us a combat system that doesn't suck. All of the Witcher games had shitty combat. I'm hoping this will be the time that they finally make a game that I like.

aratuk

Cipher
Really just so they can coordinate it with the release of the Netflix series :M

Witcher 3 was a big hit, sooo… expect Cyberpunk to be Sci Fi Witcher, more or less, in terms of combat and probably a lot of things.

Naraya

Arcane
they could use a good PR training (or just leave such activities to the PR division).
Nigga, normies pissed themselves after Enter the Keanu thing.
Yeah, that's true of course but I'm talking more of their lack of enthusiasm. On second thought, maybe that's just our national feature to sound and look like you've just got out of a mine after a full day of mining coal :P

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Dunno about their enthusiasm as I'm not following what's happening, but what I do know is that CP2077 is all over the place and everyone's talking about it.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm totally ok with this. Just please give us a combat system that doesn't suck. All of the Witcher games had shitty combat. I'm hoping this will be the time that they finally make a game that I like.
twitch3r would have been fine if it had less restrictive rpg system and ditched the part where opponents more than 5 levels above you are almost invincible and guaranteed to 2-shot you.

Sadly, it seems almost guaranteed from the videos shown so far that they are keeping that.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
twitch3r would have been fine if it had less restrictive rpg system and ditched the part where opponents more than 5 levels above you are almost invincible and guaranteed to 2-shot you.
It wouldn't. It's just a typical console lock-based clunky fest that doesn't feel like melee combat should. Play Jedi Outcast/Academy to see where it's at.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom