Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Cyberpunk 2077 delayed yet again to December 10th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; Cyberpunk 2077

CD Projekt announced today that Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed yet again and is now due out on December 10th. I really didn't believe this would happen, but in retrospect the fact that they had another episode of the Night City Wire lined up for next month might have been a hint. According to the announcement, the reason for this last minute delay is that the company needs more time to test the game on the wide variety of platforms it's launching on.

Today, we've decided to move the release date of Cyberpunk 2077 by 21 days. The new release date is December 10th. Most likely, there are many emotions and questions in your heads, so, first and foremost, please accept our humble apologies.

The biggest challenge for us right now is shipping the game on current-gen, next-gen, and PC at the same time, which requires us to prepare and test 9 versions of it (Xbox One/X, compatibility on Xbox Series SIX, PS4/Pro, compatibility on PS5, PC, Stadia)... while working from home. Since Cyberpunk 2077 evolved towards almost being a next-gen title somewhere along the way, we need to make sure everything works well and every version runs smoothly. We're aware it might seem unrealistic when someone says that 21 days can make any difference in such a massive and complex game, but they really do.

Some of you might also be wondering what these words mean in light of us saying we achieved gold master some time ago. Passing certification, or 'going gold', means the game is ready, can be completed, and has all content in it. But it doesn't mean we stop working on it and raising the quality bar. On the contrary, this is the time where many improvements are being made which will then be distributed via a Day 0 patch. This is the time period we undercalculated.

We feel we have an amazing game on our hands and are willing to make every decision, even the hardest ones, if it ultimately leads to you getting a video game you'll fall in love with.
It's only a three week delay, but still, lol. It would be nice if they made up for this by finally showing us some uncut gameplay footage for the first time since 2018.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Effectively 9 platforms in 10 languages while working from home...yeah.

Embarassing though.
It's easy to work from home. Especially in game development. And QA and console testing, that's about time, not if someone is working in a group in some office. You need to write A4 page of text anyway. The only possible problem is when consoles are loaned, and doing stuff from home wasn't part of license.

But yea, making simultaneous release for 9 version of consoles is particularly shitty.

Naraya

Arcane
They overestimated their capacity, that's all. Mix in the global crisis and Covid and there you have it. They now officially matched the number of Witcher 3 delays.

edit: personally I'm fine with that. It's 3 weeks which is nothing in the long run. I mean, Dune was delayed by a year and everyone is fine with it (yes, I know the comparison is not great but still). I just hope the game is going to be ready, that is all.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They overestimated their capacity, that's all. Mix in the global crisis and Covid and there you have it. They now officially matched the number of Witcher 3 delays.

Exceeded. Witcher 3 was delayed twice.

Naraya

Arcane

Exceeded. Witcher 3 was delayed twice.
I'm sorry but you are mistaken:

[https://www.polygon.com/2014/12/8/7353489/the-witcher-3-delay-release-date]

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt developer CD Projekt Red has pushed back the game's release to May 19, 2015, the studio announced today.

The new date represents a delay of three months — CD Projekt Red had said in June that it planned to launch The Witcher 3 on Feb. 24, 2015. That announcement followed the news in March that the studio had pushed back the game into February 2015 from its original launch window of late 2014.

1 - Late 2014
2 - Feb 2015
3 - May 2015

Paul_cz

Arcane
It's easy to work from home. Especially in game development. And QA and console testing, that's about time, not if someone is working in a group in some office. You need to write A4 page of text anyway. The only possible problem is when consoles are loaned, and doing stuff from home wasn't part of license.

I saw interview with some dev from Warhorse and he mentioned that he hates working from home, it slows communication down significantly and makes the team less productive.

Personally I love it, but I also don't work in 150+ people team on a single project.

grimace

Arcane
which requires us to prepare and test 9 versions of it (Xbox One/X, compatibility on Xbox Series SIX, PS4/Pro, compatibility on PS5, PC, Stadia)

Now is the time for Microsoft to place a bid to be the priority. Launch first on X Box One and Windows 10!

Focus all the testing on Microsoft's ecosystem and release the game.

Market it this way:
Plays Best on Microsoft X Box One.

I wonder what good could 3 more weeks really do. The game is going to be buggy on release anyway, as is tradition for open world games since Daggerfall at least. And they already bragged about producing the gold master, which means that the console tsars thought the game good enough for a release.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
They probably saw how bad Bloodlines was going, and they were like, "well, we have some time."

I know, I know, they probably don't give 2 shits about Bloodlines 2, but made for a nice 1 sentence story.

eilef

Educated
I hope all these delays will result in a stable and bug-free game on release. But that is probably not going to happen :hahano:

Gwendo

Augur
Delayed to the week I'm on holidays. I guess I'm lucky.

This means I'll have time for Yakuza. And maybe Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
image0.jpg

Guess they changed their mind since, err, yesterday.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Rolling out such low system requirements was a little premature, heh.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Well no shit samurais. Also I just realized that we still haven't seen ANY(LIKE none whatsoever) gameplay footage from consoles. Hate to admit it but Wasteland 3 could easily become best RPG 2020.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
We have seen very little footage in general. This is going to be a shitfest lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom