Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal Video

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why couldn't this be Shadowrun.
Because it is boring as fuck. Get your gay ass elfs and orks out of mah cyberpunk.

Just put the video at 31:33. Clean day, not night nor raining. That is it, it's my fault for expecting it to be a comfy cyberpunk game.
I'm sure in cyberpunk worlds the planet stops spinning so it is always night, and thanks to global warming the weather crapped out, so it is always raining. Seems plausible.

Last edited:
damn looks like you can increase your immurshun by being able to pick your cock length, girth and circumcision type... or if female trim and shave your hoo-ha and add some glitter or tastefully selected tats...fucking incline

Last edited:

Gruia

Educated
i hope people iwll come to understand that functionality is secondary, and philosophy primary when it comes to art.
a game should promote virtue, clear value system

Fairfax

Arcane
dqUeZoK.png

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Because it is boring as fuck. Get your gay ass elfs and orks out of mah cyberpunk.

Just put the video at 31:33. Clean day, not night nor raining. That is it, it's my fault for expecting it to be a comfy cyberpunk game.
I'm sure in cyberpunk worlds the planet stops spinning so it is always night, and thanks to global warming the weather crapped out, so it is always raining. Seems plausible.
Many people equal Cyberpunk to Blade Runner, and it is always raining in those movies. I mean, seriously, all the time (explained by pollution). Also, they are dark.

blade105.jpg

blade-runner-tears-in-rain.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

blade-runner-2049-ryan-gosling-raining.jpg

Quantomas

Savant
The combat isn't really innovative. But then that's were most of the AAA money in the last decade was spent, the biggest dev effort was made.

What will decide whether Cyberpunk 2077 will be good is in the systemic parts. We haven't seen proper intrusion gameplay, like crawling through the vents in Deus Ex, or hacking.

In general the density of systems is *very* promising. Vertical architecture, sizable maps, digital nano scriptures on gadgets that you can drill into with augs and scanners (that's way better than bland crafting), hacking, choice & consequence in the quests that have far reaching repercussions. It has to be seen whether the crowds on the streets turn out to be more meaningful than Watch Dogs' generic denizens. But all over all, it has lots of promise.

If the world building turns out good, it will rock.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Many people equal Cyberpunk to Blade Runner, and it is always raining in those movies. I mean, seriously, all the time (explained by pollution). Also, they are dark.

blade105.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I know, but all that raining doesn't make any sense. :D

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Well, that looked bloody fantastic. Hope they'll improve on the feel of the car. Easily the weakest part of the demo. And that we'll have loads of smaller missions like the hostage situation at the start. Not everything needs to be an epic shootout or a deal with the biggest fixer. The small nitty gritty stuff is what I liked so much in their previous games. Plus it fits with the whole street level cyberpunk thing. And hey, am wondering if you can also have a go at saving that other npc in the tub. There was a dialogue choice for looking at that one as well. Choice and consequences?

Anyway, good boob physics. Needs some work on the lighting there tho.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I looked at a few moments of it and I'm not 100% sure yet.

Of course, mixing player and character skill together kinda kills it as an RPG is you lean to the former and kinda makes you feel like it should be a TB game if you lean to the latter, so hopefully this will at least end up being a fun FPS w/ RPG stuff tackled on.

Better this than another fantasy button masher or another post-apoc mod installation simulator.

Viata

Arcane

blade105.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Raining is just an extra, however, people usually doesn't equal cyberpunk = clean day because that makes no fucking sense in a fucked up tech world. There is also the first line in the most famous cyberpunk book:
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Ranarama

Learned
Seems like there was tons of canned scripted moments. Reminded me of watching those stupid videos of where those CoD shooter things fall apart if the player refuses to play along like a good little retard. Also, stupid AI companion. Great...

Ravn7

Educated
I would prefer dark all the time (very thick clouds due to heavy pollution etc.) but daylight and overall tone fit the actual CP 2020 setting as depicted by Mike Pondsmith better than movies like Blade Runner.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's a work in progress, but it doesn't manage give an appealing image. It looks visually nice but ultimately boring game about blindly chasing questmarkers and enduring shit combat and clumsily written and overacted dialog. That there might be some choices to be made during quests isn't going to save much if the overall image is going to be as presented.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom