Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 or Elden ring

What did you enjoy more Cyberpunk 2077 or Elden ring?

• Elden ring

Votes: 31 68.9%
  • Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 14 31.1%

• Total voters

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
What did you enjoy more Cyberpunk 2077 or Elden ring.

Have time for one game, what is more fun?

Gargaune

Magister
Well, if I recall what that one CBP dev said, neither of them has police chases...

Tihskael

Learned
120 hours in Elden Ring. 70ish in CP2077. Despite being an unfinished buggy mess, 2077 still feels like a stronger game. Elden Ring should have rolled the credits within first 100 hours to be a better game. Just a whole lot of filler collectathon bullshit sandwiched between good legacy dungeons.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Elden Ring is the only one I played. I mean it's just Dark Souls but Open World. If you're sick of Dark Souls like I am. Then you're probably going to not like it. Nothing to really say.

Noct

Literate
Elden Ring may be my top game for 2022 and possibly my favorite game from one of my favorite studios. I'm still unsure if I should even buy Cyberpunk. Is it even playable yet?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Although I could criticize the quality of the combat and itemization in Elden Ring relative to Demon's/Dark Souls, or the quality of the exploration relative to Morrowind, it still has good gameplay, offers many dozens of hours of content (if more than a bit overlong), and permits the taking of many impressive screenshots. Cyberpunk 2077 permits the taking of many impressive screenshots, as long as you wait during the day so as to mostly play at night, but has nothing else to recommend it.

Dadd

Learned
Both will be seen as the releases that marked the decline in quality of the respective developers. Elden cRinge is the most soulless Souls game of all time, even if you counted DS1 after getting the lordvessel as a separate game. It just so happens that elder ning is the game retard normal people just can't stop talking about, like Skyrim, because they have to be part of the conversation.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Elden Ring easily.

Open world is only decline compared to past Souls games. Legacy dungeons and combat that isn't shit still makes Elden Ring better than anything made by modern western nu-devs. I mean Cyberpunk has AI that's worse than most mobile games because they allowed a wimmin to code it where as i doubt if any of FromSoft employees ever even got laid.

somerandomdude

Learned
Elden Ring is overrated, but it's the better game of the two. It was alright for a single playthrough, but I can't say I'd ever play it again though, and I'm even gonna pass on any future DLC for the game.

I got bored with Cyberpunk and didn't even finish the game, but maybe modders will eventually do something with it to make it worth playing?

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
If you got rid of the abominable mmo loot system C2077 perhaps.
I feel like the only one who had a problem with that, and when I say problem I mean uninstalled and fuck CDPR. It wasn't just the loot, but the inventory to manage it was a face-raping clusterfuck. And god forbid we get a junk-tab where we can put things we'd like to sell as we acquire them, no no, fuck you, deal with it and sort through everything when you get to the gun-man. It wasn't long after I got Keanu that I'd had enough. I had issues with Witcher 3's inventory as well, but then CP asked me to hold its beer.

Elex is the correct answer.

While Elden Ring is one of Fromsoftwares weaker titles at least it is a functioning and complete game which can't really be said about Cyberpoz.

Enjoying Archolos more than either of the above.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I finished both but I cannot say which one is better because both are missed opportunities and pure decline.

OP is retarded.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Cyberpunk overstayed its welcome after the first dozen hour or so. Elden Ring probably has staying power of the first 2 major area (around 20 - 30ish? even 40).

Both has issue of repetitiveness, but CP2077 is just much worse about it. Not to mention how meaningless everything feels in CP2077 and the system is incredibly barebone.

FriendlyMerchant

I would torrent either of those games if you want to play them. Neither are worth the money. If you don't like making smart financial decisions and torrenting overpriced games instead of being ripped off, try Daggerfall or TES:Arena instead. They're free to download from the links on the UESP.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Elden Ring probably has staying power of the first 2 major area (around 20 - 30ish? even 40).
First major area was pretty good though. Didn't do castle stuff until tens of hours later. Just went around exploring having fun, finding new weapons, restarting with different characters, and stuff. At first I thought the beginning area was the open world with traditional levels being the main focus once you get to castle stuff. Had options of tackling dungeons in any way you want with loads of mini bosses to try out. Novelty really helped too.

Little did I know the world was actually way bigger than that, and with a world that's way bigger than the game needs, you get repetitive bosses, dungeons, half assed filler, etc.

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Cyberpunk felt pretty fun at times and has a much better soundtrack.
Elden Ring was much more compelling when I was in the grip of it, although there is a fair criticism that by making it openworld and reusing assets that they diluted the 'souls'-ness of the game.
Still shat on anything else that came out this year though.

if you like FPS more, get Cyberpunk, both are gud games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom