Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CYOA: Honeyman's quest

Repressed Homosexual
On the next day, you call the number for Paxton Farms. They quickly agree to give you a job. They tell you to go to a specific spot downtown tomorrow, where a bus comes to pick up workers at 7AM.

You meet with George, who is glad to see you face to face again. He is obviously wondering what you are up to, considering your past involvements. But he is glad to take your current project for now.

Bruno: George, you'll probably stay around for a few days. In the farms, I might sneak into areas I'm not authorized to be in. We have to get some incriminating evidence. If I do that, I'll have to leave the property immediately after. And since it's like a 25 minutes drive south of Thunder Bay, I'll need you to pick me back up and bring me back to down.
George: Wait, you want to sneak in forbidden places? Well, you would do a good journalist. But aren't you worried of getting caught by Paxton's staff, or even of legal troubles after?
Bruno: George, once you've had criminals pointing guns at your face, you're less worried about stuff like that. I just get a hunch that there's something really bad going on there.

You tell him to start waiting at a specific spot a little away from Paxton Farms. You indicate it to him on a map. You tell him to start waiting for you there at 3PM.

After your meeting is done, it is about the time when the youths from the other day played basketball. You wonder if they're still playing? You head to the court.

And sure enough, you find them playing. Once again, they're glad to have another player, and you come in.

They are thougher than last time.

At some point, one of the players shoots the ball way too high, and it actually gets stuck in the branches of a nearby elm tree.

Nick: Wait, I'll go get it for you guys!

Nick, apparently an accomplished climber, climbs up the elm tree with speed and ease, and throws the ball back down. The game can continue.

Finally, your team wins again.

Bruno: You've improved though. That's what matters most.

Nick encourages you to come partake at Father Mpambara's activities at the youth hostel. You tell him yes, but there is some business you must attend to first in the next few days. You will after.

You get a good night's sleep.

You leave early morning to go to the spot downtown where the bus will pick you up.

6 other men are waiting as well.

An unkempt van arrives. All men come in. The driver looks at you.

Driver: I've not seen you before... are you Bruno?
Bruno: Yes, that's me. I'm here to work at the farm.
Driver: Come in, we'll go there.

After driving less than 30 minutes, during which you keep staring at Lake Superior, you arrive at the farms.

A foreman comes to see the group. He greets you, and immediately give you your work. You will be removing weeds to help prepare the field.

The work is difficult, but for now you're not especially troubled. You have not seen either Diego or Miguel yet.

Most of those who surround you are Latino workers. They greet you, most in English, but something seems a little off.

Then at noon, the company offers lunch. Those who are not temp workers have a separate hut where everyone eats.

You eat quickly, and still have time before work starts again.

What do you intend to do?

A) Try to take a look at the lodgings of the Latino temp workers to see what kind of conditions they sleep in.
B) Try to find where Barry Paxton is during the day.
C) Do nothing special, go back to work. You want to avoid arousing suspicion.

baud ERYFKRAD Nevill hello friend Lithium Flower

Repressed Homosexual
I rolled between both your answers. I got C.

You want to wait and see for now. You are worried of a foreman asking you pointed questions if you are caught trying to sneak into the workers' dorm.

After lunch, the work resumes, but some of the workers are switched around. Some are planting seeds on areas that have been freed from invasive weeds.

As you are busy removing weeds, you suddenly hear someone talking to you in heavily accented French.

"Oh brother it really is you! So good to see you here!"

You recognize that voice! You turn around and you see Diego! The both of you embrace. Diego seems relieved finding you here.

This is a good opportunity. You now have a trustworthy ally to confide in. And since you are talking in French, others around you will not understand. You end up working in tandem. You watch out for foremen who wander around the field, inspecting the work. Sometimes, you hear workers in the distance being chided for not being sufficiently productive. You stopped talking to Diego when you see one coming close.

You end up confiding in Diego the real reason as to why you are here. Diego is shocked. He doesn't reply for a few minutes.

Finally, he realizes you are trustworthy and confides in you:

Diego: It is true that we are not well treated here. Our living quarters are horrible, the conditions are much too cramped and it is barely maintained. Most people dare not to complain, because they are afraid of Paxton retaliating. Most fear of having to return back to Mexico or Guatemala if they start being even remotely demanding. The foremen are very harsh and frequently yell at us when they think we're not working fast enough. And Paxton... there are rumors about him. He's the most belligerent of all. Everyone is extremely scared of him. And... to tell you the truth, I'm worried too. Miguel has been asked to go see him immediately after work. And like you... I've asked him about the wound he apparently has on his face. He insists that he only tripped and fell... but he avoids looking at me when he tells me that.

Bruno: Well I for one am not scared. Which building is Paxton using as his offices? I'm going to sneak in and watch what they discuss. I'm not scared of Paxton, I've dealt with guys considerably tougher than him.
Diego: Really? Are you sure? Isn't that dangerous? Well, I can't thank you enough. I'm worried for my friend. And... is there anything I can do to help you with your journalist friend's article?
Bruno: You could use your phone to take pictures of the unsavoury living quarters and send them to me. Then, ask a few of the latino workers that you trust if they would agree to be interviewed anonymously. We can conduct it next time we go to the grocery store. Me and the journalist will pass as customers shopping... and will interview those people there in little use alleys. Your superiors will not suspect anything.
Diego: I will. The office is this brown building close to the entrance over there, over the fields.

After work, you head there. You wait for the foremen to go away, and approach the building. You wonder if Paxton is inside? You open the door slowly and carefully... and nothing happens. This seems to be the place where everything is managed, largely some minimal office space. You do hear some sound coming from the largest office at the back... most probably, Paxton is there.

There is an unused desk in the middle of the reception. You can hide below it. From that point, you hear the man talking on the phone, and comprehend what he says fairly clearly. This will be a good spot. You keep your phone ready. When the conversation starts, you want it all on record.

After about 15 minutes, you hear someone coming in. You hear footsteps getting closer... and past the desk. A man heads towards the office in the back and knocks on the door. It's Miguel!

Man: Yeah, who is it?

Miguel replies in Spanish. You hear the man replying to him in what appears to be fairly fluent Spanish as well.

It doesn't take long for Paxton to start taking very loudly, in an accusatory tone. You do not understand what is being said, but you are recording it.

Paxton seems to be yelling, and Miguel to be pleading.

Then the yelling gets very loud and out of control. Miguel seems panicked. Then you hear WACK! And Miguel is moaning.

You can't believe it! He's actually hitting Miguel! So THAT'S what happened! Unbelievable. Who does this man think he is? He treats his foreign workers like slaves!

You can't remember being this furious in a very, very long time. This situation is intolerable.

You want to intervene to protect Miguel, but are wary of blowing your cover. Although at this point, with the plan you elaborated earlier with Diego, even if you are kicked out, the article will be able to come out anyway. Especially with the video you are recording... it is dynamite.

A) Step in to protect Miguel.
B) Stay hidden.

Repressed Homosexual
Yoiu just can't let this one go. You quickly send the video you just took to George. This will not be lost even if they intercept you.

You think of an idea to interrupt this all the while remaining your cover. You remember your training with Kyle, and knock on the door. Then, you do your best to make your bumbling fool interpretation.

Bruno: Hello... hello? Is... is everything all right here?
Paxton: Hmmm... oh yes, everything is fine. This worker was just a little upset about his wage, and hurt his foot. But other than that everything's going well. What are you doing here, by the way?
Bruno: Oh sorry sir, I'm new here. I was looking for the bathroom. You know, I had this emergency and nobody was around. So I figured I'd find some here and it wouldn't be a bother to use them.
Paxton: Ok, sure. The bathroom is to your right from this office.

You go into the bathroom, and feign using it. You're not sure whether or not Miguel recognized your voice. While you are in the bathroom, you hear someone coming out of the office, and leaving it. Presumably, Miguel used this as an opportunity to leave. Fortunately, you were there to diffuse a very tense, very abusive situation. If not for your presence, what else could Paxton have done?

After flushing the toilet, washing your hands and leaving, you come face to face with Paxton, who looks at you very sternly. You understand why everyone is afraid of him. He looks like a gangster with his big black mustache and imposing figure.

Bruno: Thank you sir.
Paxton: No problem, but use the main facility next time. Oh, and here, take this.

He goes back to his office and closes the door.

You leave the building, but cannot find Miguel. You presume he went back to the lodgings for the latino workers, and will never meet with Paxton alone again.

You recognize the van driver who sees you from a distance, he runs towards you.

Driver: Hey, we were looking for you, it's time to go back downtown. What was the big hold up?
Bruno: Oh, my apologies. I had to meet the big boss. I was kind of held up.

The driver then looks at you with a sorry look. It seems to never be good news to have to deal with Paxton. You witnessed it first hand.

Driver: Ok, I see. Hopefully your first day wasn't too bad.
Bruno: I guess so. I'm not sure I will be back honestly.

Again, the driver looks at you with a sorry look. He probably presumes that you've been subjected to Paxton's abuse.

You embark with the others in the van.

While you are driven back to Thunder Bay, you look at your phone.

George: Holy **** wow! This is a nuclear bomb!
Bruno: Agree, what an ugly scene. Unfortunately, I don't speak Spanish.
George: I do, I've been posted in Mexico before. Essentially, Paxton was telling him he wasn't productive enough, and things needed to improve if he didn't want to be sent back to his country. Then, the worker begged him, saying that he had trouble working as quickly because he has broken his glasses and is waiting for new ones. Then, Paxton tells him to stop with his BS excuses and not to disrespect him anymore. What a jerk!
Bruno: Agree... I diffused the situation, but it took all I had not to beat the crap out of that man. One of the workers I know from the inside will get me pictures of their miserables dormitory. And in a few days, when they go back to the grocery store... that will be our opportunity to interview some of them for the article.
George: Well played, Bruno. You did it again. But to me, the question is... what do we do with this video?
Bruno: I don't know exactly. But Paxton has to be stopped.
George: For sure... but if we publish this video, it's going to be a bomb. It's going to be a massive crisis for Paxton. Every politician in the country is going to be upset. He's going to face a massive boycott. I don't even know if the workers will be able to keep working. Nobody is going to want their stock anymore. Believe me, I know how media works. If we don't publish the video, he's going to make some BS PR statement and swear they didn't know, and pledge to improve their conditions. And it will die down in a few days. Then Paxton is going to be able to abuse his workers again. I agree they need justice... but if they don't have this work anymore, then they might be worse off.
Bruno: Can't they find another place to work at?
George: It's not as simple. They don't know the language, our customs or how bureaucracy works. Plus even though they don't *have* to go back to their country if they lose their job... my guess is the other farmers won't want to hire them. They don't want to create a precedent. They want docile workers. Sure, most farms treat their workers decent... but at the end of the day, let's not forget what they are to them: cheap, disposable labor.

You hadn't thought of it. What if it makes things worse for Diego, Miguel and the others? Still... Paxton cannot go unpunished.

George: I'll just leave this decision up to you.
Bruno: I'll see how they feel about it. We don't have to decide it right now.

Then, you look at the enveloppe Paxton gave you.

You open it... it contains a lot of money. You count $500 in total.

What a prick. He thinks he can just buy your silence? You don't want any of this dirty money. You decide to give it all to the St Francis center.

Repressed Homosexual
You have a few days to wait until the next grocery run for the latino workers. George decides to just relax in his hotel room. Usually at this step, he would contact Paxton Farms to get comment from them, for the sake of the journalistic process. However, doing that might tip them off about what you two have done. In fact, they might already be. Who knows?

Quickly, Diego sends you many pictures of the living quarters. It is as bad as you thought. They are dirty, and in a total state of disrepair. It is unbelievable and disgusting. You feel terrible for the valiant workers forced to endure such awful work conditions.

You decide to have a good night's sleep at the basement apartment you rented out. On the next day, while walking around town, you are surprised by a call through the encrypted app. It's from a familiar person you haven't heard from in a long while.

?????: Agent Honeyman? How are you doing?
Bruno: Hello, who is this... wait, it's Ed Snodgrass, isn't it?
Edward: Yes exactly! I've come back to Canada. And I haven't gotten the occasion to thank you yet. You helped to clear my name!
Bruno: Oh, I didn't do all that much. Most of the hard work was done by detective Marcoux and his associates, detectives Jolicoeur, Naughton and Freeman.
Edward: Well, you stood right in front of the killer and didn't lose your nerve. I wouldn't call that a minor contribution.
Bruno: Anyway, what can I do for you?
Edward: Well, I've been sort of looking to pay it back. With our dealings in Edmonton, I've had to be filled in on what the secret service is doing, after all. After coming back from my vacation in Tallahassee, I've gone to Ottawa, and I've had a meeting with Max Duchesne, along with Naughton and Freeman. Marcoux was also part of it. Nice man. Very honorable, decent type. Anyway, I went because I had an offer for them. To help you guys out.
Bruno: What is it?
Edward: I'm going to spend the next few months east anyway. An important project. And so I offered to help to gather intel. I used to be a detective after all. And from what Max told me, you guys are missing intel. The OTS cult is back from the dead, seemingly more powerful than ever, but we don't know much about their activities at all. According to that one member, they're based in Quebec City, but I doubt it's the only place. They surely have activities in Montreal as well, since it's a big economic epicenter. They must finance themselves somehow. Also, it would be nice to know more about what the Skull Riders are doing, and some of their important leaders as well.
Bruno: That would be a big help, yes. I don't know if you speak French.
Edward: Doesn't everyone speak English in Quebec nowadays?
Bruno: Not really no. The younger generations generally yes. But as soon as you leave Montreal, it can be challenging.
Edward: Well it doesn't matter, I wanted to focus on Montreal anyway. And I'll have to learn French anyway, for my other important project.
Bruno: What's that other project?
Edward: I might as well tell you. You probably didn't hear the news, but an MP in my riding in Edmonton has had to retire abruptly because he's had a heart attack. So instead of coming back as a councilor or trying to get elected as mayor, I want his riding.
Bruno: Why does that involve you going east though? It doesn't make sense.
Edward: That's where it gets very, very interesting. That riding will be very easy for me to win, I'm well-known and popular in Edmonton. But I have bigger ambitions. You know, the liberals are in shamble, they are looking for a new bold leader to help them win the election that's coming in a year... I want to win that seat, and then I want to run for leader of the party. And then become the Prime Minister of Canada!
Bruno: Oh wow... you thought it all out. That looks incredibly difficult to pull off though. And don't you have some... skeletons in your closet?
Edward: Oh boy, if only you knew how many politicians use sex workers on these conventions or when they're "out for business" or "out in Ottawa".

(He's certainly got a point here.)

Bruno: Isn't prostitution a very divisive issue though? There might be an immediate backlash from the electorate.
Edward: Handled correctly, I think I can pull it off. If necessary, I'll even admit to it publicly. If I do it, it will be with sex workers telling their stories, to humanize them. To tell everyone that what happens between consenting adults isn't anyone's business. Other countries have legalized it, if they did, there's no reason we can't. They deserve better than to work clandestinely in dangerous conditions. You saw yourself what they had to go through to earn money. I'm east in order to garner support from the party from my bid. They are nervous about using prostitution as a campaign issue. But I think we just need to make a bold move. I was inspired to launch into politics by a politician named Jack Layton, who wanted to offer a better future and compassion for the undermined in society. But Layton was too soft and grandfatherly, and he scared the conservatives away. I want to combine both. I want to relentlessly support some important progressive causes, all the while being pragmatic towards the conservatives and cutting costs. Nobody has done it so far.
Bruno: Well that sure is... interesting to say the least.
Edward: And well... wouldn't you like to have the prime minister as a friend? Hahaha!
Bruno: That might make some things easier... and it's good you're offering to get us gather info. I realize we're really going to need it.
Edward: All the others have agreed, on the condition that you agree as well. If you give it, then I'll start immediately.
Bruno: Well go for it Snodgrass! Just be mindful of those ladies' panties.
Edward: Hahaha, very funny *sigh*... but ok, I'm eager to start. Max has told me you're in Thunder Bay right now? What have you been up to?

(You fill him in on the events of the last few days. You figure he's going to be very interested in the cause of migrant workers).

Edward: Oh wow that's totally riveting! I'm eagerly awaiting for that article now. You sure have my full support! Anyway, I have a meeting to attend now. Take good care, agent Honeyman!
Bruno: Thank you Ed. Keep me posted.

You certainly didn't expect it. To be honest, since Snodgrass is a little strange, you still have some reservations about it. But his heart seems to be in the right place. He might be odd, but he doesn't look like a bad guy after all.

You look him up and come across videos of him arguing at the town hall. He is an exceptionally gifted, ambitious, compelling speaker. You understand why he's so popular. The more you think about it, the more you think that if anyone can pull off what he described, it would be him. If he plays his cards right and handles the skeletons in his closet correctly... you actually wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the Prime Minister one day.

Repressed Homosexual
On that evening, you decide to go to the St Francis youth hostel, where you know Father Mpambara's group is meeting. At the reception, you are told that they are currently in a meeting room at the end of the hall.

As you get close to the room number, you hear what appears to be Christian singing in French.

You wait for the singing to end, and then knock on the door. You then hear the voice of what appears to be a middle-aged African man:

"Yes? Come on in!"

You enter, and to your left stands an African man with thick glasses, a wrinkled face, and a benevolent smile. No doubt, this is Father Mpambara.

To your right are 6 young people, almost all of them looking to be natives. You already recognize Nick, the teen you played basketball with, along with another one of his friends who was at the basketball games. There are also two young native girls who seem surprised to see you. Then there is an older native man who appears to be in his mid-twenties, and a white man who appears to be about 20 years-old.

Nick: Oh, I'm glad you came! Welcome! Everyone, this is my friend Bruno! He's good at basketball, I can tell you!
Bruno: I'm not that good. Plus I'm older than you, so you're at a disadvantage.
Fr. Mpambara: Welcome, whoever you are. If you're a friend of Nick, I have no doubts about your character.
Bruno: I'm surprised I heard singing in French. This language seems essentially vacant here in Thunder Bay.
Fr. Mpambara: I come from Rwanda. When I was younger French was commonly taught. At church we frequently sung in that language. I liked it, so I wanted to teach it to my students.
Girl: It's difficult at first, but with practice, we ended up learning 2-3 songs. I'm pleased to meet you by the way. I'm Joy.

The other boy who was at the basketball game comes to greet you:

Boy: I'm Matt. Welcome among us.

You are pleased that all of them seem to be so kind and accepting. You really needed such a warm embrace, after the horrible situation you witnessed at Paxton Farms, and the stress of what you know will soon come.

For the rest of the evening, and on the evening after, you stay with the group. The reunions mostly consist of Father Mpambara talking with the young people about an issue that is important to them, and asking open questions. Then, the young people try to find answers that are consistent with Christian principles and with the teachings of the Catholic church and with scriptures. On the second evening, you try to sing along with the other students... but you find out that your French really isn't good enough yet.

Joy looks at you and chuckles.

Joy: Just keep at it and you'll progress. By the way, why are you here?
Bruno: Oh, I came here in Thunder Bay looking for new opportunities.
Joy: Are you married?
Bruno: Yes, but my wife is in Ottawa studying.
Joy: Oh, that's interesting. You're trying to find a better job to support your family?
Bruno: In a sense, yes I am.

(She's a friendly girl. You can't very well tell her what you're really here for. It also feels wrong to lie to her.)

After the second evening is over and the other young people leave to go to their rooms, Father Mpambara approaches you.

Fr. Mpambara: Young man, I sense you're underdoing some sort of trials. Can I pray for you? Do you mind?
Bruno: I do not. That's very welcome, father.
Fr. Mpambara: I do not believe you are Catholic?
Bruno: Not really no. Probably more non-denominational protestant. It's complicated.
Fr. Mpambara: Regardless, I'm glad you're here. You're welcome anytime.

After his prayer, you thank him, and go the grocery store to buy some groceries, before going back to the basement you are renting.

Inside, at the counter, you find the same woman you talked to the other day in the parking lot. As she scans your items, she tells you.

Woman: "It's about time to close. Wait for me in the parking lot. I really have to talk to you."
Bruno: Ok, I will.

You are quite surprised. What could she possibly want?

After 10 minutes she finally comes out. You quickly understand why.

Woman: There was a man with a really rough appearance... he came here, and he was asking for you. He described your appearance. It rang a bell to me and I didn't like this man one bit, so I told him I never saw you. I think he went to other stores and talked to other people after that.
Bruno: Oh wow!
Woman: Was that related to Paxton Farms?

Since she found that out, you decide to tell her what has been going on.

Woman: Incredible. I always thought it was surpicious the way they treated their foreign workers... but that is beyond the pale. You're kind of nuts to have pulled something like this. What if you got caught? And they seem to be chasing after you!
Bruno: Tomorrow evening, me and my journalist friend are coming here, because we must interview some of the workers. They almost never leave their compound, so our only window of opportunity is this one. We must do it quick and publish the article with haste, or else they might have time to intimidate the workers into not talking to us.
Woman: But they'll probably be looking at their workers very closely, so that nobody talks to them. Hmmm... actually, I'm Nancy, the manager of the grocery store. I don't like Paxton Farms one bit. They sell a lot of produce to us, and they are very cutthroat. If you will, I think I have an idea. The workers are usually here at 6pm for their grocery shopping. Come a little earlier with your journalist friend. I'll lend you uniforms. They might recognize your face, but maybe you can wear a surgical mask or something to make it less obvious it is you. This way, you can probably get closer to the latino workers, and ask them questions while pretending to be stocking shelves. I can also help you distract Paxton's employees if they are here.
Bruno: Thank you. These workers are victims. They deserve justice.

This puts things in motion for the crucial interviews.

You tell George of Nancy's plans, who sounds excited at the situation. On the next evening, you both arrive early...

Repressed Homosexual
Three brave temp latino workers have agreed to give their testimony. But they were very scared. It has to happen now. It's the only way.

In the employees' room, Nancy waits for everyone else to be gone. Then she gives both you and George a uniform. She shows you a picture of the man taken from a surveillance camera in the store. You recognize him from Paxton Farms, although you only briefly walked past him.

Nancy: What's our plan here?
George: I have three interviews to conduct. I told our contact to tell the workers to look for me. I would be dressed like an employee. I will walk around with a clipboard and a pen, and look like I am comparing shelves and prices. I will look completely in my place and justified in going everywhere in the store. One by one, the employees will come next to me, and look like they are looking for specific products. They will introduce themselves to me by making it look like they are asking for info.
Bruno: So essentially, we need to do it while the man isn't looking. Maybe a possibility would be to contact some of the latinos while he isn't working, and ask them to circle around him so he is distracted. They could try to speak a little loudly, which will grab his attention and incite them to follow them around.
Nancy: I will try to be on the lookout too. If he gets close to George and it looks like there is no other choice, I will step in and intervene.
Bruno: I will do so as well.

The three of you are resolved to make it work.

In the time before their arrival, George confides in you.

George: I haven't been this excited in years. I'm really hoping to make it work. I covered stories in Latin America, you know, where there were threats of bandits ambushing us. Although it's not as remotely dangerous, it reminds me of it a lilttle. The thrill at least.
Bruno: But after this is done, what about the video? Do we release it?
George: Do you want my honest opinion?
Bruno: Yes, please. I asked Diego, and he says he isn't looking forward to it getting out, but he leaves it up to us to do what we think is best.
George: It's going to hurt, but we have to release it. To show the world the full extent of what is going on here. If we don't, he's going to release a bland PR statement, and once we're gone and some time has passed, he will keep abusing them. It's the only way to make sure the bastard can't do this ever again.
Bruno: It looks like it settles it then. Hopefully it turns out the best for the workers.
George: Hopefully, yes. We'll give it our best.

You and George starts inspecting the shelves, and you start piling up merchandise. When another worker asks who you are, as they've never seen you before, you say that you're "just a friend of Nancy helping out because of a staffing issue". That explanation seems to satisfy the worker and he goes on his way.

Then, they arrive. You see many latinos arriving all at once. And the foreman is there too. He looks very upset and suspicious. Fortunately, he passes by you without paying any attention to you or suspecting a thing.

Fortunately, George is able to conduct his first interview. He gives you a thumbs up when you pass by him to tell him it has worked. Good!

You approach a few of the workers who are in on it to try to "recruit" them for the scheme. Fortunately, they speak a little English, and agree to it.

While George is conducting the second interview, the foreman gets dangerously close to the hall where George is. When he approaches it, the two latino workers start joking loudly and asking what is going on today since everyone looks on edge. The other workers says "Shhhh" and motions him to go to another hall. This immediately arouses suspicion from the foreman who goes away. After 10 minutes or so, he comes back, and the interview isn't quite over. That's when Nancy intervenes.

Nancy: I've seen you looking around a lot. Can I help you? Are you looking for something?
Foreman: Urrrrrr... yes, I'm fine. Really.
Nancy: Are you sure? Are you looking for an item on sale you can't find?

After a minute he dismisses her. Nancy has been just in time. George is now "checking prices" at another hall. For the final interview.

Unfortunately, things do not go as planned this time. While looking at George close to a latino, the foreman stops. He seems to suspiciously be around them a lot, he appears to think. Suddenly, his eyes lit up. He's caught on! He sprints towards George to pull the latino worker away.

This is bad! You're the only one close. He looks like he isn't going to stop with light diversions this time. But you suppose that creating a scene entails some more risk. What to do?

A) Ask him if he needs help.
B) Pretend to bump into him to make him fall.
C) Push merchandise from a stand in the center to make him fall to the ground and overwhelm him.

Last edited:
Repressed Homosexual
You must act fast. You walk quickly towards the foreman. You bump into him and quickly position your foot to make him slip. It works, and he falls violently on the ground. You fall as well, but you've had time to prepare your fall so it is light, although you pretend otherwise.

Bruno: Ouch. OUCH! Oh wow, sir, I'm so sorry? Are you hurt?

The foreman rises up painfully from the ground. He stares at you looking very upset.

Foreman: What the f*** is wrong with you? You made that on purpose, I swear!
Bruno: Sir I'm so sorry.
Foreman: Hey, wait a minute...

He quickly snatches your mask away. He looks at you in awe.

Foreman: I KNEW it! I KNEW that it was you! And that guy over there, that's your journo friend I suppose? You have have some nerve for the s*** you pulled at the farm! I'm going to break your f***** neck!

You would dispose of this guy quickly if needed, but you're not sure starting a fight in the store is a good idea.

But suddenly, you look around you. You realize that you will have no need to start any fight. Because all the latino workers are slowly gathering around you two! The foreman doesn't look so bold anymore!

They are yelling at him in Spanish. You do not understand what is being said, but it's obvious that they've gained some much-needed courage.

They look at you with glad, hopeful eyes. Somehow, it seems that they've become aware of what you and George are trying to do for them. How you fought for them, schemed for them. All to make their life better. So they can no longer be bullied.

And just like that, the spell Paxton and his men seems to have held over the latino workers seems to start to vanish. Because someone showed them the way. That little could stop them when they lost the element of fear.

The foreman looks at you with contempt and frustration. He simply walks away. He knows he's lost this one. There is nothing more he can do for now.

Then the latino workers go back to their grocery shopping. Many come to shake your hand or give you a tap on the shoulder along the way.

One of them stops to talk to you:

Worker: Thanks for seeing our pain, and telling our story. I'm putting my trust in you.

After this, George comes to you.

George: I have the last testimony now. I have everything. Everything else is ready. I will write it tonight, and send it to my boss who will edit the article. However, we can't publish until tomorrow. We have to contact Paxton Farms and give them a chance to address the allegations, by journalistic rigor. But we have everything now.
Bruno: They won't be able to put this genie back in its bottle now.

Nancy now comes to you.

Nancy: I'm glad it worked. Also, thankfully the situation didn't get out of control earlier. I would've called the police and gotten him kicked out if he would have started a fight. Although, the police is probably in Paxton's hands. I don't trust them to handle anything pertaining to him.

Bruno: Thanks for your help, Nancy. We did it. Their time of reckoning is coming. What is happening to them simply isn't right. No longer will they be bullied.

Nancy: I hope so. Oh, and here's a little something.

(She gives you an envelope)

Bruno: What is this?

Nancy: There are $100 gift cards, one for all of them. Give them next time you have an occasion.

George: Wow, what an awfully nice gesture from you!

After that, the three of you part ways. George cannot go back to Winnipeg yet, because the next flight to Winnipeg leaves Thunder Bay tomorrow. So he goes back to his hotel.

You go back to your basement apartment. You take a shower. You are satisfied of having done a good job.

You go to bed preparing to rest...

Repressed Homosexual
... you sleep for you don't know how long. You are awakened by your phone ringing.

Half-asleep, you take the call.

Bruno: Uhhh.... uhhh.... yeah? What's going on?
George: Bruno, are you awake? Some guys are trying to enter through my hotel door! It's only a matter of time before they break through! I'm panicking there!
Bruno: What? Oh no! I'm coming!
George: My room number is 407, at the Comfortable Inn. Quick, they're about to....

You hear a loud BANG and what appears to be a male voice, followed by George screaming.

This is really bad! George needs help! You didn't think Paxton would be desperate enough to send some thugs after him!

You quickly dress up, leave and start your car. You drive quickly towards the Comfortable Inn, which you recall seeing at the edge of town.

You arrive there a record 8 minutes later. Looking up, you see that George's room appears to be in the upper section. This hotel isn't very tall.

How should you approach it?

A) Run through the entrance up to the room.
B) Run through a side entrance to avoid being seen by the front desk staff.

Repressed Homosexual
SOOO? YOU'RE GOING TO DELETE YOUR SHITTY ARTICLE FULL OF LIES NOW! RIGHT??? RIGHTTT?????

You hear the muffled, menacing voice of your tormentor as he plunges your face in the toilet bowl and flushes it. You can barely breathe and are dangerously running low on oxygen.

You were about to deliver the scoop of your life, and these men just burst in and just blew it.

Unless... unless he arrives in time.

You raise your hands in the air.

George: Al... alright! I'll contact my boss and tell him the article is off, because the witnesses lied!

Thug: Hmmmm... nice try but... I don't believe you!

He plunges your face in the toilet bowl again.

Thug: I think after I make you literally eat the s*** in the toilet, then finally you might learn.

Oh no! How horrific! These men are crazy!

When suddenly...

AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYA!!!!

Repressed Homosexual
You entered through a side entrance. You don't know who is on the side of Paxton, since apparently, everyone here is in his pockets. You prefer to deal with George yourself for now.

You quickly run to the stairs. A few patrons are looking at you running wildly, and look very puzzled.

Woman: What's the matter?

You don't take time to stop. You need to save George and the article. Else, all that the workers have sacrificed for will be lost.

You run up the stairs. First floor... second floor.... third floor....

You are extenuated when you are finally at the fourth floor. Upon your entrance in it, you ironically notice the elevator opening up, carrying someone you recognize from the first floor. But barely give it any weight.

You look and rush to room 407.

You try to open it, but it's locked. Fortunately, you pick it quickly.

You push the door.

And then yell loudly! Whoever is in it will pay!

A stocky man looks at you.

Thug: Hey, talk about Dumb and Dumber! Dumber is finally here! We can deal to you directly!
Coming from the bathroom, two other men erupt.

Thug 2: Ok, we can stop torturing our friend George for the time being. Time to do much worse to this guy.

You are much more confident now. You know things will not go so easily as they think it will.

Bruno: Hahahahahahaha... HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thug: Hey, s***head, stop it already!

As soon as he finishes saying this, you've already hit him with a flurry of punches. You then kick him violently, and he smashes against the wall.

Thug2: Oh wow f***! Who the f*** is this guy?

...says another thug angrily.

Bruno: Run, you two, with your smashed up friend. Get the f*** out. NOW. If YOU don't want me to throw your down the fourth floor myself.

They just freeze. They never expected such a seemingly demented adversary to burst in. Once again, Steve's strategy of demented mannerisms work wonders.

Bruno: Not good enough, loser.

Before the third one can realized what happened, you jump in the air and smash his head with a strong kick. He falls down on the floor.

You turn toward the third and last thug menacingly.

Bruno: Hmmmm... George, what did they do to you exactly?
George: They... they tried to drown me in the toilet bowl...
Bruno: Not very nice. So... say your prayers, asshole.

You walk towards him slowly, but at this point he panicks.

Thug3: Oh f*** this! We're out! Come on guys, we're getting the f*** out!

The other two thugs barely stand up and are about to leave...

Once they are in the hall, two armed police officers arrive.

"Police! Everyone freezes!"

George then gets out and explains he was assaulted by these men. He gives as little details as possible, because he doesn't want the police to side with Paxton if they learn what the thugs were trying to stop too early. Eventually, especially since George threatens to expose this in the national news if they do not, they have no choice but to arrest the three thugs.

Finally, after taking his testimony and yours, they leave.

George: Thank you pal. I really owe you one here. I don't feel comfortable in this place though.
Bruno: Come in the basement I'm renting for the night.

George drives with you back to your apartment. He uploads his article to his newspaper's Intranet. The video will also be published early tomorrow on the social networks. You know that once this happens, it's over for Paxton. This story will be absolutely huge.

Repressed Homosexual
Over the next few days, it all unfolds.

The story is one of the most viewed of the year on social media. The video is shared millions of time.

Every Canadian politician of any importance expresses outrage.

Paxton has to step down temporarily from the farms. He sends a PR statement saying he wasn't aware of how bad it was, and blames his outburst on a depression, and enters therapy and anger management classes.

There is a huge backlash and many people drop Paxton Farms as a supplier.

George is invited on various news stations to talk about the investigation, while leaving out the identity of his accomplice (you).

At the Parliament in Ottawa, and at the Ontario provincial parliament in Queen's Park, in Toronto, the parties in power vow to change things so temporary foreign workers cannot be exploited in such a manner ever again.

As you follow all the drama, you end up realizing one thing: everyone expresses outrage... but

But what is the one thing none of these people seem to be concerned about?

The workers themselves. Nobody tries to directly help them. Rather, all you see is a bunch of opportunists trying to use them as props to help themselves.

Snodgrass calls you to congratulate you for the article, and you explain to him your concerns.

Edward: Oh believe me my friend, I know exactly what you're talking about. Liberal hypocrisy makes my blood boil. With sex workers, this is exactly what we deal with, all the time. Tons of people who use them for their own cause, but who don't care one bit for them in reality. Who won't even lift a finger for them. Who infantilize them. They're supposed to be the victims, but in reality they're little more than potted plants. I want to go in politics to change all that.

This at least gives you a little bit of comfort. Edward seems to be a man of integrity who despises sanctimonious people.

Your only other comfort over these days is going to the St Francis center, to meet the aboriginal youth and attend Father Mpambara's group.

When the days have passed, it is time for the latino workers to come buy groceries again. Along the way, you pass by the optometrist clinic. Miguel's glasses are complete. You convene with Diego and Miguel to meet them at Tim Hortense.

You shake their hand.

They explain that in actuality, so far their life hasn't changed.
You figured as much.
Bruno: Je suis désolé... that this country is filled with so many sanctimonious people, who only really care about looking good in public. At least, I have something for you Miguel. And forget about paying me back. This is free.

You show him his glasses. He tries them on.

Miguel: Finally, I will not stumble anymore. Thank you so much!
Bruno: Ok, but we have to go back to the optometrist, they need to adjust them. They only gave them to me on the condition that we would go soon after.

Which you all do. Miguel smiles and seems more hopeful.

Bruno: Oh, and Nancy, the manager of the grocery store had something for all of you. There is one for each worker. These are $100 gift cards.

They are both awed.

Diego: I... I don't know how to thank you Bruno. For the first time, I felt that somebody tried to fight for me. I can see it on the fields too, the foremen are being much more mild-mannered towards us. It seems they understood.
Miguel: I read some of the comments online on the video. Everyone I saw is outraged at what Paxton did to me. For the first time in a long while, I felt that I mattered. That I didn't endure all of it in vain.

You embrace them both, and promise them that you will see each other again.

"God bless you my friend."

Finally, they leave back with the bus. The whole group of workers has been able to buy this week's groceries at a considerable discount, thanks to Nancy.

Hopefully, their life can be better, from now on.

So what now?

Now... you think that finally it is time.

Time to meet the man you came to meet: Mr. Day, head of the Wolverines gang.

Asking at St. Francis, while looking just slightly curious, you quickly learn where he hangs out: his restaurant downtown, from which he conducts most of his affairs.

You are nervous, but figure out it's about time to start accomplishing what you set out to do: get your father's keys.

Repressed Homosexual
The restaurant is well-maintained, and also hosts a bar. Looking up, you see a Harley-Davidson motorcycle hanging by chains affixed to the ceiling. A pretty surprising sight.

A waiter quickly comes up to you.

Waiter: "Yeah, table for one? Or do you want the bar?"
Bruno: In fact I came here for something else: to meet Mr. Day.
Waiter: Oh, I'm not sure we have that available...
Bruno: Tell him I came a great distance from Winnipeg to meet him. And that it would be in his best interests.

The waiter looks at you with suspicion. Obviously, you don't sound like the average petty criminal trying to get in Day's good graces. No, you look far too serious for that.

Without a word, he goes to the back of the restaurant.

He then comes back.

Walter: Alright, Mr. Day will see you, but hopes it will be worth it.

He brings you into a reception room that Day appears to use as an improvised office.

As you arrive, he turns to look at you. The man has medium-lenght black hair, and distinctly aboriginal features, although obviously he is mixed race. He wears a leather jacket. Your first impression is that he is someone who tries to have some sort of moral code, although he is a criminal no doubt.

Day: And who do I have the honor to meet?
Bruno: I'll tell you when your friend leaves us alone. Worry not, I'm not armed.

He motions him to go away.

Bruno: I'm Frank Ramsay's son, Bruno.
Day: Wow seriously! You should have said so earlier. Hopefully nobody gave you trouble here. All I hear about is how badly the Skulls want to find you. They're talking about you like you're Batman or something. Our guys almost seem to think you're like Batman. There are stories of how many people you beat up, how many places you infiltrated. By the way, I'm sorry about your loss, for your father. Frank was a brutal man... but he had some sense of honor deep inside. I hear he went religious towards the end of his life.
Bruno: I did came here to get something very specific though. Apparently, I'm to render some sort of service to you in exchange.
Day: Oh you mean... the key, is that it? Yes, I remember, Frank left it to me. I don't know what it's for, but I suppose it rightfully belongs to you.

He seems to ponder for a while. It only takes a minute before his eyes lit up.

Day: Yes, I know what you could do for me. The skills you apparently demonstrated could be very useful for this. We have some... sort of a problem. It's south of the border, in Duluth, Minnesota.
Bruno: That's close? I'm not from the area.
Day: Well, we have some operations there. We had help from a local accountant, who handled some of our affairs. Mohammed Hariri, he was called. Lebanese, Muslim guy. But did his job impeccably. Only... someone killed him a few days ago. And we have no idea who. The Italian mob is also there, although we usually stay out of each other's business. We don't know if that's related. I also wonder about a... a certain accounting book pertaining to us. We would really need to get it back.

So here's my deal: go there, and to your best to find out what happened to our accountant and to get our accounting book back, and if you succeed, the key is yours. You have my word.
Bruno: Ok, I wanted a change of scenery in all honesty. I'll leave today.

You have a drink and a meal with Mr. Day and talk about your adventures. You make sure to leave out any part that looks too altruistic or that pertain to your fraternizing with and joinging with law enforcement.

Then you leave some time for the effect of the beer to subside, and decide to drive away.

South of the border, in the US, to a city you never heard of before: Duluth.

Repressed Homosexual
The drive is not very long and should take about four hours. The highway leading to it also borders Lake Superior. As the sun goes down, the beautiful spectacle of it shining above the lake and gradually fading truly is a sight to behold.

Before crossing the border, you have some doubts, and call Max. You wonder if it's a good idea for you to go there without revealing you are part of law enforcement.

Max: "I would say so, yes. It adds a lot of complications, especially for operations like these. I say try to pass yourself as just a tourist. If they give you trouble, we'll contact whichever law enforcement agency gives you trouble, and smooth things over with them."

Well, if Max says so, you will follow his advice.

While filling up your gas tank, you stop to look up who Mohammed Tariri is. You quickly find articles from local Duluth news talking about the murder. They mention the local accountant who was misteriously killed, seemingly by strangulation. The victim was living alone in his house, and had recently separated from his girlfriend, who isn't viewed as a suspect by law enforcement. Victim is suspected of having dealt with possible criminal underworld figures as customers. But for now, there are no serious suspects. The investigation is ongoing.

By looking up the street that the articles mention and other elements described, you easily find out where Mohammad's house is in Duluth. You book a Comfortable Inn, which happens to be about 20 minutes walk away.

You wonder if you will be grilled at the border, but they merely ask you why you are going to Duluth. You mention you wanted a change of scenery, have some business to deal with, and possibly might want to drive over to Chicago while you go in the US. You expect more hard questions, but the border agent appears satisfied (or bored and fed up) and quickly waves you through.

Welcome to the United States of America!

On your way to Duluth, you pass by unremarkable small towns that seem to have seen better days. It's a sad story. These places have lost their luster from when domestic industry was still strong, and seemingly will never get it back.

And quickly, you arrive to Duluth, which at first sight seems fairly similar to Thunder Bay. An industrial town that looks slightly less faded and run down than the ones you have seen so far.

You find the Comfortable Inn, and check in. You go up to your room to relax. You are exhausted, and not sure of what you will do.

How can you get more information now? The police will not let you in. You don't believe they are likely to fill you in on any details.

Should you try to talk to local underworld figures? Well, maybe, but you really don't have any lead so far.

It seems like you only have one solution. A risky one, but one you should be able to do: infiltrated Mohammed's house, and attempt to find clues there as to who he was, or who could have wanted him death.

His house is in an ordinary residential neighborhood and you should not have great difficulty to enter it.

You don't feel especially good about acting like a burglar, but you tell yourself it is for the greater good...

Repressed Homosexual
At 2AM, you leave the Comfortable Inn. You start the walk toward Mohammed's two stories house. The streets are largely empty. The only activity is from a small bar that seems to have a few patrons.

The house is beige and nobody appears to be there.

Your hands fitted with gloves, you pick the lock of the door at the back, which gives way immediately.

You enter and are now in a kitchen that is almost completely dark. You take up a small lamp.

You see the ktichen, in which there doesn't seem to be anything of interest, and also a living room. You hear nothing except a kitchen clock ticking.

There doesn't seem to be a room or an office on this floor, so you figure you must go up.

You walk uo the stairs that creek on your every step... you feel the tension rising in you.

Once up, you see a bathroom, what appears to be two bedrooms, and also an office. The last room looks much more interesting.

You open the door and push it.

Using your flashlight, you explore the room, obviously Mohammed's office. On his desk, a picture of him with other men that appear to belong to a Lion's Club is visible. Apparently, Mohammad was a man involved in his local community.

You try to find documents on the desk. You find an accounting book, but all the details pertaining to it appear mundane.

You continue your search when you suddenly hear a scream.

Freeze, motherf*****! Hands in the air!

Repressed Homosexual
Oh no, someone is here! But who could it be? You were caught!

The man turns the light on.

You put your hands up.

Faster, faster! Or I shoot you!

The man has a very agressive voice, and an accent that seems to be from the Bronx. He speaks like a brash Italian. Is he from the mob who did this to Mohammad?

You nervously look up.

You see a man with Arab-looking features, dark curly hair and an elongated face, who looks at you with hostility and slight nervousness, who is aiming at you with a revolver.

Arab: So, you're part of the people who did this to Mohammed? Speak, or I shoot!

Now that you have a clearer look, you see that he isn't part of the Italian mob. Rather, this man appears to be a middle easterner. And come to think of it... he bears more than a striking ressemblace to Mohammed himself! Is he a relative?

Bruno: I know it looks bad, and I'm sorry for what I did, but it's not the way it looks. Please, hear me out. Put your gun down. I will not assault you.
Arab: Yeah, nice sob story here, pal. Do you think I'm a retard? No f****** way am I putting this gun down. You better be real convincing.
Bruno: Are you Mohammed's brother?

The man appears puzzled. He expected answers from you, but sees you have none to give. He seems to have become slightly less guarded towards you. He aims his gun down a little bit... but just a little.

Arab: Yeah, my name is Abbas. I come from New York. I'm a lawyer. I came to Duluth where my brother has a practice to try to sort out what happened to him.
Bruno: Then, if you'll have the generosity to hear me out... maybe we can actually help each other out.

Abbas seems to start believing that you are not here to hurt him or his family, however strange the circumstances of your encounter are.

Abbas: Oh... ok.

You both go dow to the kitchen. You sit. Abbas offers to prepare coffee for you, which you accept. He still looks slightly suspicious, but figures that you would have attacked him by now if you wanted to get rid of him.

Abbas: The drive there was long. The police didn't want to tell me anything and basically told me to piss off in a polite way. It bummed me out. I was exhausted so I came to sleep here. My car broke and I had to get it towed. That's why there was no car on the driveway.

You take your time and since he is a lawyer, you decide to tell him everything...

Last edited:
Repressed Homosexual
Abbas: Wow, unbelievable. But yet, I've seen your badge. There's no doubt you work for the secret service in Canada. And for some reason, you're here. For some crazy infiltration or I don't know why, to get into some gang's good graces, so you can get back at an even bigger gang. Did I get it right?
Bruno: Yeah, more or less that's it.

He takes a somber look.

Abbas: My brother was killed like a dog and nobody wants to tell me why. My parents are back in Beirut and they are urging me with tears to find out what happened to Mohammed and make sure he receives justice. I don't know what to say to them. I... I...

(He starts sobbing)

Abbas: We were always very competitive. We got lucky of being able to immigrate here. We were in a sort of competition with each other. We wanted to make our parents proud. My brother was desperate to get richer than me, his older brother, to prove that he was at least as good as me. For this... he started taking shady clients... we fought because of this, and haven't reconciled. But now it's too late to make any sorts of amends.
Bruno: What a sad situation. So the police isn't giving you any clues?
Abbas: No, they said they found nothing.

KNOCK KNOCK

(Someone is at the door. Abbas goes to open up. You don't see them, but he is speaking to police officers.)

Officer: Who are you?
Abbas: I'm Abbas Hariri. Mohammed Hariri was my brother. I came here from New York to sort out some of my brother's business.
(He shows them ID).
Officer: Well, we came here because we got a call from a neighbor who happened to be out late, and said she saw a shadowy figure who appears to sneak at the back of the house. Is everything in order here?
Abbas: No, I tell you, everything is fine. It's a misunderstanding. There is no situation. Please leave me alone.
Officer: Are you sure?
Abbas: I don't have to speak to you, I know the law, I'm an attorney. You're on our family's property, for no reason. I handle my brother's affairs. Your probable cause to intervene has vanished. I would advise you to desist. Otherwise, I will consider any further pesterance from you to be harassment, and your boss will hear from me. Understood?
Officer: Mind your manners...
Abbas: DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

He shuts the door furiously. Then he comes back in the kitchen. You hear the police car leaving.

Obviously, Abbas is frustrated due to the police being no help and seemingly unwilling to truly investigate Mohammad's death. But he sure appears to be a man who does not let anyone walk over him.

Abbas: I'm on my own. I don't know what to do, Bruno.
Bruno: Listen, I need that accounting book, and I also need to find out what happened to him as an accountant. We both share a common goal. And I'm not familiar with the United States. How about we help each other?
Abbas: Alright, thank you bro. I thought it was a lost cause.

You and Abbas shake hands. You are resolved to find out what really happened to his brother.

Now it is very late and you are exhausted. You find it creepy to stay at a place where someone was murdered, but Abbas gave you confidence. You end up crashing on the couch.

Repressed Homosexual
You wake up at 10 AM. Abbas was already up and he cooked some eggs.

Bruno: I presume there won't be any bacon with the eggs?
Abbas: Well, I'm not really a Muslim anymore, only culturally so. I guess this is still a no-no for me. Whatever.
Bruno: Have you investigated your brother's house carefully?
Abbas: Well, the police has already left and seemingly inspected everything. I thought there was no point to it.
Bruno: Well, do you mind me taking a look?
Abbas: Go ahead bro.

You spend some time scouring the house. You do not find anything like blood, a footprint, or important document. You examine a lot of documents in Mohammed's office, but it all seems boring: invoices, letters, accounting books... there is nothing interesting.

As you thought this was a waste of time... you end up stepping on something that appears to be solid on the carpet.

You look down... and find a tiny metallic object.

You put your gloves on, and take it... wow, it's a bullet!

You put it in a Ziplok bag.

Bruno: Abbas! Abbas! I found something.
Abbas: Wow... that's actually a bullet? How the f*** didn't the police find this? Something funny is going on here. Or are they that incompetent? And what is it doing there? According to the police, my brother was strangled. Or... did they happen to botch the autopsy too? F***!

You are right. Something definitely strange is going on.

You put the bag in your pocket.

Bruno: Well, what do you want to do?
Abbas: Hmmm, maybe we can find a weapon store. They might be able to tell us more about what kind of gun it came from. Maybe it will tell us more about who might have hit my brother. Oh... well that will be difficult, my car is still being repaired.
Bruno: Hang on, let's use mine. I left it at the Comfortable Inn, it's a short walk from here. Come with me.

Both of you walk up to your car. You get up to your room to get your stuff, and check out of the hotel. If needed, you will take another night here, but you'll wait before you're settled on what you're going to do.

With Abbas back in the car, you look up a gun store. You find one with good ratings at the edge of town. You start driving to it.

After about 10 minutes of driving, while waiting at a traffic light, you glance at your rearview mirror... and behind you, you seem to see a familiar car. You see a gray Chrysler car that you appear to have seen multiple times in the last few minutes. And yet, the path you took had a lot of turns. While are they still tailing you?

Bruno: Abbas, I think the car behind us is following us.
Abbas: Oh s***. That's not good.

What will you do?

A) Keep driving around until they lose interest.
B) Keep going as if nothing was happened. Maybe you're just being paranoid.
C) Stop outside of town and try to confront the people following you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom