Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CYOA - The Miniature World

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Nice to see our boy has made a name for himself.

tsuke

Educated
The New World

Wait! Thats it Im dead? I thought I was set up for life? Fucking Dwarf! Fuck all Dwarfs and everyone related to them. Wait a minute. If im dead how am I thinking? Is this heaven? I hope I picked the right God or I am so fucked. Do I even have a body? I cant feel my legs! What happened to my legs! I cant feel my arms either. Dwarf are you there? Please notice me Im so lonely.

Some time passes as you float aimlessly around. Well as much as a disembodied entity can float around. You think that your starting to lose your sanity when you see a great flash of light and a booming voice.

"Welcome New Player!"

You also hear a familiar voice in the background "Good luck loser. I took a shit before I told them about you. I hope you enjoyed your stay"

Fucking dwarf. Is he going to torment you from now on? You hope not.

"Please select your starting city" continues the booming voice.

"wait what? Im not sure what Im supposed to be doing here."

"Please select your starting city. Please refer to the operating manual for any questions"

Great. Three guesses who was supposed to give me that operating manual? Uhm I dunno. Can I select any city? Uhh Rome maybe? You think back to the Roman Empire and all their accomplishments.

Your location changes and you can see the familiar seven hills. Looks like you are in Rome.

"Would you like to finalize your choice?"

Wait wait. I mean lets try this out first. How about Constantinople? Or I dunno London? As soon as you think it you are warped to the location while the voice asks you if this is your choice. There doesnt seem to be any time pressure so you try different things.

Camelot? Will psuedo historical things work? Not surprisingly it does and you are taken to the hills that would give rise to King Arthurs Castle.

Hmmm. Well lets go a little bit crazy. You think to yourself. Lothien. Thinking that there could be no way but you are taken to the mouth of Ulthuan. The site where Lothien will be build. Lets try one more. How about Shiro Akodo? or maybe Kyuden Hida? Unsurprisingly you are taken to thier locations.

You think to yourself that the dwarf did select you for your skills in miniature world. That means combat and commanding armies. Maybe the city you select will determine what troops you lead? You had better think about this choice.

A. How about Rome? Cant go wrong with something historical. They did achieve a thousand year empire as well.

B. Lothien and the high elves? Maybe some min maxing is in order?

C. How about the brave samurai of the Lion Clan in Shiro Akodo? You are used to commanding heroes and they do have a lot of them.

D. Another city?

For Choice A, B, and C if you want to do another city in that setting I can probably make it work.

For letter D. I should be able to make it work too but I would have to have a storytellers veto if I feel like I dont know enough about the setting to do justice to it.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oh bother. I was a high elf player way back more than 25 years ago when I was into Warhammer.

Sorry. Can't help myself but pick option B

No traction for warhammer highelves eh? Sadface.

I'll root for Camelot instead then. Arthurian legends ftw!

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
D. Why be elf when you can be anything else.
Camelot.
Failing that C.

tsuke

Educated
If you guys want camelot how about somewhere in brettonia instead? After the named knights of the round I'm kinda tapped out in arthurian fantasy.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't know the implications of the starting locations. It's more for the promise of a setting than anything else.

What time period will we be starting at? What is the goal of the game? What is the difference between Camelot and anywhere else in Brettonia? Between that, and Rome/Luthien?

tsuke

Educated
its pretty much the theme of the troops you will be getting.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Flopping to D Camelot to avoid playing as a Mongolian.

Sorry, Terry.
Maybe I should have voted for Cimmeria.
Are you saying you don't want to meet the legendary King Arthur?

pK5a0G4.png

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
...you know there is also Fate art of Ghengis Khan, right?

genghis_khan__grandrider____no_frame_by_eadgear_ddtkae8-fullview.png
But we are not in this for genderbent heresy.

Genghis-Khan-Zerochan-Anime-Image-Board.jpg

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'll vote for D: Karakorum

so the tally would be:

Lothien
Azira

Camelot
ERYFKRAD, NEG

Karakorum
Nevill, Baltika9, baud

tsuke

Educated
sorry was out for the weekend. Did Kamakorum win? or was it a tie between Karakorum and Camelot?

Ill check back in tomorrow for the final tally.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Fuck that, if I can't have my warhammer elves, I'll go for Camelot as well. Flip-flopping here, in pure spite. :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom