Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CYOA - The Miniature World

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A - Shoot the horses out from under them then overwhelm them in melee.
1 - There might not be any food/water resources in the tower. I see no reason to press just yet.
I'm jake with this. My vote is A1 now.

tsuke

Educated
KnightFall

You quickly order your troops into assault formation. Hikari seeing your intentions orders her own regiments to follow you, not willing to split up at this critical juncture. You reach the path back to the tower ahead of the Sisters of Power who are busy killing Lady Kay and set up your formation. The Regulars lock shields and the Rangers take cover behind them with Hikaris own archers with them.

In truth the Sisters of Power could have taken a path around your formation as they had the advantage of speed but they have just lost half their number to one person and with it some of their honor. They see the Regulars arrayed before them, get into a wedge formation, and charge.

The archers do their part. Volley after volley of arrows are fired and the point of the wedge gets taken down. You cant tell if its from an actual arrow that hit her or the sheer weight of arrows she is carrying on her armor and shields.

The remaining sisters lower their lances and slam upon your lines with a crunching sound. 4 regulars are instantly speared by the flashing spears. Swords sing out as the useless lances are thrown away and 4 more regulars lose their heads. You have flashbacks of the gate and begin to regret challenging elite cavalry on open ground when salvation appears. Five figures leap behind the Sisters of Power and with their dual swords proceed to eviscerate them. Under normal circumstances the Sisters would have matched up well with the Blade Masters but not when they were distracted by your brave Regulars.

Player Belle has been eliminated

These words flash in the sky as your army cheers. The two regiments guarding the tower look on glumly as you celebrate. The day wasn't won without sacrifice. 12 of the Regulars had perished at the hands of the Sisters of Power but at least the enemy has lost their strongest piece.

You send your troops back under cover of the forest and rest for the night. Hikari seems to expect this and orders her troops back with you. As the counter turns to 10 your troops continue to rest and regain their strength. Hikari is looking at you expectantly but does not say anything outright.

For lack of better things to do your troops begin to build ladders and a battering ram using the wood found in the forest. The day counter turns to 9 and Hikari begins to ignore you. She orders her troops forward within close range of the castle and beings taking pot shots at the defenders. Her bows are weak and the castle walls are high so she not really that successful. Still every kill counts and 2 infantry men are hit and fall to their deaths. You begin to suspect that Hikari may not have enough ammunition for when the final battle starts.

A couple more days pass with this more aggressive stale mate. You wait for your opponent to reveal themselves in search of supplies or other things but they never do. They are staying resolutely inside the castle. As the day counter turns to 5 Hikari finally snaps.

"Eggy! What are you waiting for?"

"Their supplies to run out?" You respond

"What! If they are like us they went in there with 8 days of food and water. Your right they should be hunting by now but look they have lost more than half their number! They have more then enough to eat as it is!"

Hikaru looks at you pleadingly " We need to go now!"

Does she make you change your plans?

A. No. We continue as is and hold this siege.

B. Sound the general attack

C. Ask Hikari for a plan and do that

D. Suggest your own

Current Army

8 Camelot Regulars (shaken)
20 Camelot Rangers
20 Archers
5 Blade dancers

Casualties inflicted

10 Sisters of Power
5 Dwarven Infantry
5 Regular Infantry

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Not thrilled by our guy. I must agree with Hikari here. The tower needs to be taken.

So any not A vote it is for me. Will wait a bit and see if someone comes up with something clever.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will wait a bit and see if someone comes up with something clever
Maybe we should just have Eggsy walk up to the remaining opponent in the physical realm whilst her army gets buggered.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
There's no way she'll wait for us unless we come up with a good plan or she does.

How flammable is the tower? What are the points of ingress. How much time do we have left?

Tentatively, C, but D if we can come up with something. I think rushing in and doing whatever we want is going to backfire, so minimum, we need to make sure she's on the same page as we are and the only way to do that is to either come up with a brilliant strategy, or do what she wants.

D

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
D: Cover any exits with archers. Batter down the door, load it with wood and set it alight. Smoke them out.

tsuke

Educated
Not thrilled by our guy. I must agree with Hikari here. The tower needs to be taken.

So any not A vote it is for me. Will wait a bit and see if someone comes up with something clever.

Hey dont blame Eggbert. He is a reflection of Codex :) the impression I clearly got from the last round of choices is the hive mind wanted to starve Charlotte out.

tsuke

Educated
I have a question for future battles. This will not have an impact on this current round of choices.

Would you guys prefer that in future battles I narrate choices like this or I just narrate the story and at the end of the update generate a map and let you guys make the decisions ?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
at the end of the update generate a map and let you guys make the decisions ?
If we end up freestyling that'll be a pain for you to track bro.
not neccesarily. I would provide a warhammer/warmachine type map with your regiments on them and you tell me where they go and what they do.
Maybe we'll try that next fight? I am fine with what we are doing right now.

asxetos

Augur
D. Grimgravy's plan.

So you telling me that 40 archers fired multiple volleys on 5 Sisters and only managed to take down one? Holy shit i did not see that coming.

tsuke

Educated
D. Grimgravy's plan.

So you telling me that 40 archers fired multiple volleys on 5 Sisters and only managed to take down one? Holy shit i did not see that coming.
str 3 bows vs 1+ armor save :o

tsuke

Educated
looks like D: Gravy Plan takes it

Special double update day :)

tsuke

Educated
Precocious General

"Hikari. Do you trust me?" you say

"Uhh of course not" she responds

You sigh. You didn't want to bring up this card. "Hey its my test right? If anything goes wrong its on me"

"Fine what do you need"

"Nothing much just have your troops follow me and if shit hits the fan charge in with your blade masters"

You gather your troops for one final push. You notice that half of Hikari's archers are now equipped with the longswords and shields dropped by the Sisters of Power. You doubt they are trained in them in any way but better sword and shield than empty bow you suppose.

The remnants of the Regulars pick up the battering ram. Their morale is restored when they see the Blade Masters take spots with the ram next to them. They take their positions at the front of the formation and your combined army slowly make their way towards the tower. No need to rush yet as the enemy seem resolute in barricading themselves in.

As you go closer the Regulars rush forward and gently place the battering ram at the door and begin to run. The blade masters not knowing what to do run with them.

"This is going well" comments Hikari sarcastically.

A signal is given to your Rangers and they proceed to light up their arrows.

"Wait what?????" Hikari says looking at you

Your Rangers begin to shoot the battering ram lighting it up as your Regulars throw more kindling into the fire.

"Are we allowed to do this???" screams Hikari

Before long the entire tower is set ablaze and a new message pops up in the mist

Player Charlotte has forfieted

"You fucking peasant! You cheated! Your not allowed to do that!" Charlotte's voice is the first thing you hear once you wake.

"Nobody said I couldnt" you shrug. You figured if anyone had a problem with it they would stop it

"Cheater cheater cheater cheater!"

At this point your teacher is rolling around on the floor laughing. "Burning down the fort! That was inspired! The win stands!" He gives you a thumbs up "we need more people who think outside the box like you Eggbert! Bravo!"

Charlotte still fuming takes her seat while Belle looks at you with newfound respect. Even Hikari is marvelling at the solution you came up with.

Alright thats it for today. Eggbert Ill have a reward for you tomorrow.

Your first day of class at Starburst Academy is finally over. You have some time tonight. Do you choose to spend it

A. With the twins in your room. They may go home eventually so you should treasure all the time you have with them

B. With Hikari. You recently bonded with her and want to see if you can push it further.

C. With Belle. You were seriously impressed with her troops and want to learn more

D. With Charlotte. Why does she have dwarves? But seriously maybe some facetime will alleviate her anger

E. Just wander about the school on your own

Lady Kay celebrates her first victory in the Prancing Pony with the army. During the festivities she is approached by a muscular man of seemingly middle eastern descent. He introduces himself as Shinjo Yasamura. He says he is from a clan called the Unicorn and through the machinations of other clans have been driven out of their home. Now he is asking you for leave to claim the empty territory to your North East as his clans new homeland. The good news is that as part of the political maneuverings that drove them out of his homeland his clan was given lots and lots of gold. He is now offering you half of that gold.

A. Politely refuse his offer saying that you have plans for that land.

B. Its too much gold to turn down. You accept and make plans for the money. Should you choose this option you have four points to spend among the following choices

1. (1 point) expand your lumber industry into a furniture building one

2. (1 point) Build a school for the young of Camelot

3.(1 point) Can only be chosen with #2. Build a University to attract more people to Camelot

4.(1 point) Expand the Regulars and Rangers into 30 man units

5. (1 point) Expand the prancing pony attracting more visitors

6. (2 points) Call for a grand tourney. The 10 winners shall form the core of your new regiment. The Knights Exemplar. (some form of heavy infantry)

7. (1 point) Buy Lady Kay the best arms and armour money can buy

8. (1 point) Attract the followers of a religion to Camelot ( you will be given choices)

9. (1 point) Seek out and purchase another of the pendants that can dispel the mist

10. (1 point) Build Walls and other defenses around Camelot

To be clear about this choice. The Unicorn clan is offering to purchase your newly discovered land and become an independent kingdom in exchange for these benefits.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I mislike having another power on our doorstep, but perhaps accepting will lead to good relations. I think we should balance civic and military growth. Option 1 is the only one that looks to directly improve our income and walls seem prudent given we will have neighbors. I'm torn for the other two points. I like the heavy infantry, but prefer a school (long term growth) and expanding the ranks more.

A
B 1,10 for sure. 2, 4 > 6

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
A>B. We're a sis-con, after all.
A. Sorry, but having a potentially hostile clan so close sounds bad.

At this point your teacher is rolling around on the floor laughing. "Burning down the fort! That was inspired! The win stands!" He gives you a thumbs up "we need more people who think outside the box like you Eggbert! Bravo!"
For the record, the only reason I asked if we could burn down the fort was because I remembered a D&D game I sat in on a while back.

The DM had spent hours setting up multiple levels of a tower, with a witch at the top as the final boss battle and one of the players was like, "...what's the fort made out of?" and the DM ansewered something like, "Well, forts are generally constructed of stone, wood and--" then the player said, "I cast fireball at the roof.". In the end, the fort burned down and the DM was pissed. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom