Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

D&D 5E Discussion

Gyor

Savant
Looking at who is involved in the film I can safely say that it will be another bomb.
Oh, it will bomb. Just like the last time. Not even those faggot theater kids and posers in the Critical Role crew can save this bomb.

It'll get the 97% from critics and 2% from normal people like all the other woke movies.

Well, they've made several D&D movies now and they've all been massive turds, so it's not like this is anything new. I remember being interested and getting people together to go to the first one in the theatre. I had a lot of apologizing to do. lol

They have a much better setting this time, the Forgotten Realms the setting that has made them boat loads of cash and kept D&D afloat during the hard times.

I think it's going to make some serious money.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Looking at who is involved in the film I can safely say that it will be another bomb.
Oh, it will bomb. Just like the last time. Not even those faggot theater kids and posers in the Critical Role crew can save this bomb.

It'll get the 97% from critics and 2% from normal people like all the other woke movies.

Well, they've made several D&D movies now and they've all been massive turds, so it's not like this is anything new. I remember being interested and getting people together to go to the first one in the theatre. I had a lot of apologizing to do. lol

They have a much better setting this time, the Forgotten Realms the setting that has made them boat loads of cash and kept D&D afloat during the hard times.

I think it's going to make some serious money.

It won't because the screenwriters' last few films bombed.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State

Seems like Wizards of the Cucks is threatening the competition. They are going after sponsors of TSR and indie table tops that use OSR. Funny how a corporation that espouse "progressive" and "inclusive" beliefs is also one of the most monopolistic company in the world. WotC is truly just like a villain from a D&D campaign. The irony however fails to fall on them.

Last edited:

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
For posterity, here's the email:

FClEXpYXMAY_Rys.jpeg

Codex Year of the Donut

Seems like Wizards of the Cucks is threatening the competition. They are going after sponsors of TSR and indie table tops that use OSR. Funny how a corporation that espouse "progressive" and "inclusive" beliefs is also one of the most monopolistic company in the world. WotC is truly just like a villain from a D&D campaign. The irony however fails to fall on them.

looks fake and gay

Rilmani404

Novice
Any interest in 5e Mystics/psionics? Perhaps the homebrew Psion Kibblestasty made here? The Disciplines start on page 10, each of which has optional spells one could pour their points into if the psionic power doesn't match what you want to try to pull off. The Projection discipline and Shaper subclass seem like they'd get one started for a JoJo game with stands.

Yeah, I know. Some folks don't want psyker mutant characters in their knights and wizardry games. But the idea of an all-mystics party escaping from an Aboleth or Mind Reaver's territory interests me. Alternatively playing one in a setting that is dealing with Truenaming magics replacing arcane spells due to Spellplague or a Goddess of Magic's death.

How do folks feel about magic or psionics systems that have you roll to resist backlash after you use your powers? Or roll for some wild magic/reality paradox in the case of Mage from WhiteWolf.

Eldagusto

Educated
Any interest in 5e Mystics/psionics? Perhaps the homebrew Psion Kibblestasty made here? The Disciplines start on page 10, each of which has optional spells one could pour their points into if the psionic power doesn't match what you want to try to pull off. The Projection discipline and Shaper subclass seem like they'd get one started for a JoJo game with stands.

Yeah, I know. Some folks don't want psyker mutant characters in their knights and wizardry games. But the idea of an all-mystics party escaping from an Aboleth or Mind Reaver's territory interests me. Alternatively playing one in a setting that is dealing with Truenaming magics replacing arcane spells due to Spellplague or a Goddess of Magic's death.

How do folks feel about magic or psionics systems that have you roll to resist backlash after you use your powers? Or roll for some wild magic/reality paradox in the case of Mage from WhiteWolf.
I grew up on Whitewolf with things like Paradox as an intrinsic part off magic so I'm all for it. But I feel Psionics/Mystics seem more appropriate to a Corebook then Bard which is a very niche specific class when discussing fantastical settings.

Rilmani404

Novice
I grew up on Whitewolf with things like Paradox as an intrinsic part off magic so I'm all for it. But I feel Psionics/Mystics seem more appropriate to a Corebook then Bard which is a very niche specific class when discussing fantastical settings.
For 5e DnD I keep coming up with these scenarios that feel like they'd greatly improve a campaign. Want a predominately melee campaign? Ban Barbarian, give limited Rages per long rest to the party, allow 1 reckless attack (or a number based on STR/CON), and give them something you could do in exchange for "spending" a rage use. Want a ton of social situations and you want meaningful words to have value (and critical combats)? Ban Bards, give everyone inspiration dice that are d4s, let those recharge after sufficient successful Persuasion/Intimitation/etc. checks, and allow someone to cast a spell like Dissonant Whispers as a bonus action or reaction after a sufficiently intimidating display. Increase the die size permanently after accomplishing social goals or something.

Basically give some or all of the party a feat that says "You get X Bard/Barbarian/Fighter abilities with these limitations." Not as elegant as all of the homebrew documents that flesh out combat, but these sorts of things give characters impactful ways to change the flow of a game.

Ninjerk

Arcane
For 5e DnD I keep coming up with these scenarios that feel like they'd greatly improve a campaign. Want a predominately melee campaign? Ban Barbarian, give limited Rages per long rest to the party, allow 1 reckless attack (or a number based on STR/CON), and give them something you could do in exchange for "spending" a rage use. Want a ton of social situations and you want meaningful words to have value (and critical combats)? Ban Bards, give everyone inspiration dice that are d4s, let those recharge after sufficient successful Persuasion/Intimitation/etc. checks, and allow someone to cast a spell like Dissonant Whispers as a bonus action or reaction after a sufficiently intimidating display. Increase the die size permanently after accomplishing social goals or something.

Basically give some or all of the party a feat that says "You get X Bard/Barbarian/Fighter abilities with these limitations." Not as elegant as all of the homebrew documents that flesh out combat, but these sorts of things give characters impactful ways to change the flow of a game.
You went full Lacrymas. You never go full Lacrymas.

Rilmani404

Novice

Any thoughts on this? Or on psionic enemies in general?

RangerBoo

Arcane
So I got myself the Elder Scrolls and D&D cookbooks for shits and giggles (And also because I love cooking and wanted something fun to cook for my boyfriend) and I was astonished at how night and day their advertising for their cookbooks were. Lets take a look at the Elder Scrolls cookbook. With the Elder Scrolls cookbook they got fan podcasts, fan sites, famous modders and actual chefs to praise their cookbook. Say what you will about Bethesda and Todd Howard but those guys do know how to sell to normies and fans. Now lets look at the D&D cookbook. All I am seeing is a bunch of praise from D-list celebrities like Freddie Prince Jr, Critical Role, Rage Against The Machine and other worthless posers. This is the biggest problem with D&D right now. Hollywood got their disgusting hands on it and imposed themselves on the games culture. As Kiwi Farms brilliantly states: "Fandoms are xenophobic by nature. If they are not then they are taken over and destroyed from within." For years WotC has wanted the attention and clout from Hollywood. So much so that they pretty much got on their knees and sucked Hollywood's flaccid dick. As one of my favorite YouTubers, Nerdotic, states; "Hollywood isn't where ideas or fandoms are born but where ideas and fandoms go to die."
I can only hope that these worthless celebrities destroy D&D to the point that it is no longer profitable. That way the fans can come back to the game, rebuild it and hopefully do a better job of gatekeeping the next time around.

RangerBoo

Arcane

TSR is suing Wizard of the Cucks for putting woke disclaimers on products they have made like Oriental Adventures. Apparently since Wizards has done that a lot of the old TSR creatives can't get work because Wizards has made everyone in the industry believe that the old TSR creatives are racist. I hope TSR wins just so we can see the surprise Pikachu face on Wizards face when they realize that they can't call everyone a racist and not suffer the consequences.

0wca

Learned

TSR is suing Wizard of the Cucks for putting woke disclaimers on products they have made like Oriental Adventures. Apparently since Wizards has done that a lot of the old TSR creatives can't get work because Wizards has made everyone in the industry believe that the old TSR creatives are racist. I hope TSR wins just so we can see the surprise Pikachu face on Wizards face when they realize that they can't call everyone a racist and not suffer the consequences.

Would love to see that too, but Hasbro has a fuckton of money so I think they're just gonna settle this one and TSR will probably accept.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom