Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

D&D 5E Discussion

Codex Year of the Donut
They should just bring back Planescape to settle the metaphysics of this.
They're not that smart though...
They have no interest in uncensoring it, it's not like they were forced to censor it.

Gygax tried to warn everyone and they didn't listen.
Gary Gygax said:
Somehow Political correctness seems to be working its way into gaming, and that's a dispicable thing, as Political Correctness is thought control. As author Richard Payne Knight notes, "Poverty of expression will product poverty of conception." Offense at what is said is too easily taken these days, hindering free speech and free thinking.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I actually kind of enjoy that WotC is butchering the game. I used to feel compelled to at least check out new editions and books, but now not so much. It makes life simpler and less expensive.

If 5e's ruleset is what interests you, just get the core books and ignore all the fluff. The campaign modules are mostly trash and most pnp veterans run some kind of homebrew setting anyways.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I actually kind of enjoy that WotC is butchering the game. I used to feel compelled to at least check out new editions and books, but now not so much. It makes life simpler and less expensive.

If 5e's ruleset is what interests you, just get the core books and ignore all the fluff. The campaign modules are mostly trash and most pnp veterans run some kind of homebrew setting anyways.

If that's directed at me, I already have the core books and the modules/splatbooks up to ... Xanthir's Guide to Everything or something like that. The core game is... ok. I think it's serviceable, but the entire thing feels fairly soulless and every adventure/splatbook sucked even before they started dropping their pants and going to town on everything they could stick something into.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

If that's directed at me, I already have the core books and the modules/splatbooks up to ... Xanthir's Guide to Everything or something like that. The core game is... ok. I think it's serviceable, but the entire thing feels fairly soulless and every adventure/splatbook sucked even before they started dropping their pants and going to town on everything they could stick something into.

You'll get no argument from me. I think 5e is fairly functional (despite a lot of minor grievances I have), but some of the books are a kind of a waste of money. DnD succeeds in spite of WoTC rather than because of it.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Are these people devoid of any sense of humor? Underdark is a joke. A bizarro world. Elves are evil, everyone is treacherous, women rule over men, everyone worships evil gods, being good is shunned and persecuted etc. Drows look like people in the negative photos for fucks sake. What's next? Peaceful Warhammer orcs?

Codex Year of the Donut
Are these people devoid of any sense of humor? Underdark is a joke. A bizarro world. Elves are evil, everyone is treacherous, women rule over men, everyone worships evil gods, being good is shunned and persecuted etc. Drows look like people in the negative photos for fucks sake. What's next? Peaceful Warhammer orcs?
orcs are a racist stereotype for black people
what makes you think blacks just go around looting, killing, raping, and murdering?! Why are you so racist?!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
They'll become rare NFT Tomes.
I dread the day copyright and technology become so powerful, corporations will be able to know if you have pirated PDFs on your hard drive.
Invest in longcoats, wide-brimmed hats, flash drives and find a shadowy alleyway to ply your trade in, selling illicit PDFs of tabletop roleplaying games.

I've got to say, that's the most cyberpunk thing I've ever heard.

Better yet, make it a printout of a PDF. Fuck PnP, we're Hardcopy gaming now, bros.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
All this retconning just to please AGP trannies and Twitter psychopaths who don't even play the game but just use it as a Mary Sue OC and shipping maker. Wizard's and Paizo are killing their products and for what? To please sexually confused pronoun warriors on Twitter? There ain't enough of them around to keep your product afloat and the normal sane fans will just fuck off and find a new hobby that is free of this Twitter shit. It is only a matter of time before your products sink and Tencent ends up buying you off.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
All this retconning just to please AGP trannies and Twitter psychopaths who don't even play the game but just use it as a Mary Sue OC and shipping maker. Wizard's and Paizo are killing their products and for what? To please sexually confused pronoun warriors on Twitter? There ain't enough of them around to keep your product afloat and the normal sane fans will just fuck off and find a new hobby that is free of this Twitter shit. It is only a matter of time before your products sink and Tencent ends up buying you off.

Usually it doesn't work out this way, most of the time normies just put up with the degeneracy and boycotts fizzle out.

See for example, people who complain about wokeness in football, but keep watching / buying anyway.

RangerBoo

Arcane
One of the biggest reasons why WotC, Paizo and others are doing this Woke crap is because of ESG, or Environmental, Social, Corporate Governance, Scores. The more "Diverse" and "Inclusive" your product and company are the higher your ESG Score will be which tells investors that you are a good company to invest in. If you want to know why there is so much Woke shit in products and entertainment now it is because of ESG Scores. Remember, they don't give a shit about us, the paying customer. They care more about investors and making themselves appear investor friendly to investors. Funny story, Disney has a high ESG Score and is considered one of the most investor friendly companies in the world while Tesla has a low ESG Score and considered one of the worst companies to invest in. LMAO! By the way, ESG Scores were created by Blackrock and The World Economic Forum. So you know where their intentions lie with this shit. Blackrock and WEF don't care if they lose money. They will invest billions to anything that promotes "The Message" and helps mass "recondition" humanity.

Last edited:

Larianshill

Arbiter
I can remember literally one case of "Get woke, go broke", and it's 2016 Ghostbusters, nothing else. Most of the time it's just cope.

RangerBoo

Arcane
I can remember literally one case of "Get woke, go broke", and it's 2016 Ghostbusters, nothing else. Most of the time it's just cope.
Steven Spielberg's latest movie, Disney's Marvel shows not doing too well, Santa Inc getting BTFO'ed, Games Workshops stock tanking just to name a few. Again, these people don't care because they can just show daddy Blackrock and The World Economic Forum their high ESG Scores and they will give them another half a billion.

PapaPetro

Steven Spielberg's latest movie, Disney's Marvel shows not doing too well, Santa Inc getting BTFO'ed, Games Workshops stock tanking just to name a few. Again, these people don't care because they can just show daddy Blackrock and The World Economic Forum their high ESG Scores and they will give them another half a billion.
Go woke, get infinite metapolitics money.

The Dopamine Cleric

Prospernaut
Shitposter
One of the biggest reasons why WotC, Paizo and others are doing this Woke crap is because of ESG, or Environmental, Social, Corporate Governance, Scores. The more "Diverse" and "Inclusive" your product and company are the higher your ESG Score will be which tells investors that you are a good company to invest in. If you want to know why there is so much Woke shit in products and entertainment now it is because of ESG Scores. Remember, they don't give a shit about us, the paying customer. They care more about investors and making themselves appear investor friendly to investors. Funny story, Disney has a high ESG Score and is considered one of the most investor friendly companies in the world while Tesla has a low ESG Score and considered one of the worst companies to invest in. LMAO! By the way, ESG Scores were created by Blackrock and The World Economic Forum. So you know where their intentions lie with this shit. Blackrock and WEF don't care if they lose money. They will invest billions to anything that promotes "The Message" and helps mass "recondition" humanity.

Why you so sexy boo

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom