Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

D&D Dark Alliance - co-op action brawler where you play Drizzt's party

Harthwain

Magister
I am guessing they're aiming at the Vermintide crowd - judging by all the slashing in the trailer - but the question is if there is still a niche left for Dark Alliance to fill.
I feel like this game is aiming for an audience that doesn't exist. I mean, what kind of people play D&D vidya games in the first place? People who want to play D&D, but HAVE NO FRIENDS. Now you want to make a co-op version so you need friends to play? If people who played D&D vidya games HAD FRIENDS, they would ACTUALLY BEING PLAYING D&D.
The real issue isn't the lack of friends. You can make co-op work with a matchmaker. The bigger problem is the lack of time, but that can be solved by making a session not too time-intensive.

Mojobeard

Augur
That skinny 19 year old speed metal guitarist is not my Drizzt. Hashtag.

Now this is a Drizzt... Dritst? Drizz? Drits?... A Drizzit:
3sT0S49.jpg

nyjsu

Educated
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
If anything, trailer really captures that early 2000's feel with bad animation, In Flames and a slogan like "Slay together". I wonder if they just had an intern who put that pos together by himself.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
On the one hand, they have barbarians. On the other hand they have elves also. In yet another hand, the trailer is shit, but in the other other hand they have dwarves.
Is this what ambivalence is like?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am guessing they're aiming at the Vermintide crowd - judging by all the slashing in the trailer - but the question is if there is still a niche left for Dark Alliance to fill.
If it was a good Vermintidde-style game, I'd absolutely be in.
Played the hell out of both Vermintide 1 and 2, both with my GF, too, but I'm kinda done with the games now.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Had to search for the "February 2020" tag. Even with the relatively clean design of the magazine, I was wondering if this was some early 2000 shit.

This is true nostalgia even in the olden graphics. If anyone is feeling nostalgic about Dark Alliance, that is.

Ranarama

Learned
Co-op though? And Dark Alliance didn't really have the character build and itemisation of even diablo.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I actually really liked the drizzt books, especially the Prequel trilogy but they seriously need to stop forcing this guy into everything. Has R.A Salvatore ever spoken about how his character is forced into everything, what does he think about it?

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
One more cuz I felt like it(wouldn't link but I'm proud of how well I lined it up with the song):

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
That skinny 19 year old speed metal guitarist is not my Drizzt. Hashtag.

Now this is a Drizzt... Dritst? Drizz? Drits?... A Drizzit:
3sT0S49.jpg
You tried to imagine a hero drow kicking ass and what you settled on was an old man with a receding hairline? Let's hope his knees don't give out while he's fighting a gnome.

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Used to play Dark Alliance on ps2 with mates and it was good for what it was. Race ahead of your friend to pop chests and greedloot, aggroing enemies while chaos ensues. Good times.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom