Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

D&D Order of the Griffon

Mortmal

Arcane
Its quite similar to an old gold box game ,with even some extra feats, if your party get drunk in taverns some items will be stolen for exemple. If you like that and still enjoy them in this day and age i dont see any reason to not play it . Use ootake , its exremely easy to set up.I am not kidding when i said i played every rpgs, even on the tubographx.

There's a whole lets play on youtube, comments and voice are retarded , like most lets play of course:

Also as its a console only exclusive , it should be moved to the filthy weebo subforum .

TheGreatOne

Arcane
They changed morphed CRPG and AAA RPG forums into general RPG, so Western console games are apparently ok.
How is the Might&Magic 3 port on Turbografx-CD? Does it use the CD format in anyway?

They changed morphed CRPG and AAA RPG forums into general RPG, so Western console games are apparently ok.
How is the Might&Magic 3 port on Turbografx-CD? Does it use the CD format in anyway?
It's a decent port but it has a really weird techno soundrack by Yuzo Koshiro - I personally don't like it, but it's an interesting curio for sure. There's no reason to play it over the regular PC version, especially since the MT32 soundtrack is so godly.

Mortmal

Arcane
I am not kidding when i said i played every rpgs, even on the tubographx.
Yet you didn't sign up for writing about any of them for ma book...
:shunthenonbeliever:
Posting on the dex is easy , writing a review its another thing.. I learned english with games, and probably dont have 1/10th of my french vocabulary.

Yes it use the CD, emulate a virtual drive with daemon tools . Again its not worth it if you have the pc version. Must have been nice although back then to be able to play this on this 8/16 bit console, while a 386 was lot more expensive.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
I meant does the Turbografx CD port uses the CD format (ie more memory) to it's advantage? That is improved/"improved" music, voices, cutscenes or some other audiovisual improvements. And yes, the Turbo/PC Engine CD was impressive for its day, given how much more expensive a computer with CD drive would've been even 3-4 years after it was released. YS books 1&2 is one of the first CD games and to my knowledge the first CD "RPG" (released during late 1989 in Japan and 1990 in USA). It had animated cutscenes (intro/ending video), some voice acting and CD quality music.
Also: Turbo CD had the shmup with the g.o.a.t soundtrack, which alone makes it awesome.

Music of the Gods of Valhalla
It's a decent port but it has a really weird techno soundrack by Yuzo Koshiro - I personally don't like it, but it's an interesting curio for sure. There's no reason to play it over the regular PC version, especially since the MT32 soundtrack is so godly.
The same guy who made the music to the Sega CD port of Eye of the Beholder? That rocked, context appropriate or not. The song on the video you linked isn't good though.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Posting on the dex is easy , writing a review its another thing.. I learned english with games, and probably dont have 1/10th of my french vocabulary.
Try it. Good learning exercise.

Or write it in french, and we'll have a more english-friendly frenchmen translate it, s’il vous plaît.

Mortmal

Arcane
I meant does the Turbografx CD port uses the CD format (ie more memory) to it's advantage? That is improved/"improved" music, voices, cutscenes or some other audiovisual improvements.

Hard to say about audiovisuals , the base pc engine games/turbographx, were already really good for their time , especially for shoot them up, that was THE console to get . The RType version is hand down the best one available and it was not even a cd game . I think it improves music mostly and rarely anything else. I am noticing it really fill the cd games at 450 -600 megas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom