Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

D&D Weapons Thread

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
What is your favourite D&D melee weapon and why? Do you like to have a character build specifically to wield and master only a certain melee weapon type? Feel free to post any experiences,be they from pen and paper or video games,like having a jacked human barbarian decapitating an orc chieftain with his greataxe etc.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
For me it's polearms. I don't like builds focused on a specific weapon type though, if I find a cool weapon I want to actually use it regardless of its type instead of just throwing it in the to-sell pile because it's not the one I spent all my feats on.

FriendlyMerchant

Your weapon is my favorite weapon. I just use illusion and enchantment spells on you to get you to use your weapon on yourself for me.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The truly prestigious fighter-adventurer wields a Bohemian earspoon:

4ZUe48L.png

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Alright here's mine:
1. Greatsword(Two handed sword in AD&D) - A true gentleman's weapon. Elegant,beautiful,DEADLY. Solid damage. Who needs shields anyway?
2. Greataxe - Frequently referred to as THE Barbarian weapon of choice. Again,just like the greatsword,solid damage,20x3 critical(will not crit as often as a Greatsword,but when it does,your enemy is in a world of hurt,assuming he even survives). Will easely decapitate orcs,ogres,demihumans,humans,you name it.
rage-and-then-attack-attack-barbarian-interacting-with-literally-any-60622717.png

3. Spiked Chain - A tactician's weapon. Even though it looks ridiculous,it can do so much stuff. It can Trip,it has reach and can even attack adjacent targets(normal reach weapons cannot do it),it does 1.5 Str damage(two handed),it can disarm.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

J1M

Arcane
I like weapons that can enable new actions or bend the rules of combat like trip or reach.

Sad that spears never got much in the way of feats or damage parity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom